July 25, 2014 | 1991 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Frost & Glow Highlighting Kit

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by bj06

Well i am always bad at lightening my hair. This product really works. I had JUST dyed my hair a soft brown with a box and i liked it but ive been in the mood to play with my hair so i bought this in the platinum. I even applied it to my extensions and came out wonderful. I did have to double process and it works so much better if you use foil and your hair dryer. I left it on for 40 minutes , washed it and re applied for another 40 and it really comes out great. ( and thats on previously dyed hair) and the shampoo and conditioner are really nice too. I used my silver lights shampoo with it and it looks great- i got it on sale for $7! and there is plenty of mix to double process or long hair, or extensions. always test to see how its going to come out. Ill be using again. the cap is a long process of pulling pieces out but it gives you a nice natural look because the pieces are so small. try it , you can always get a toner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by nwildeisen

I ADORE this kit! I have naturally light brown hair which I dye platinum blonde. I use this kit to do my roots and I get perfect results every time. I cover my hair with plastic and let it develop for 45 minutes or so. I do not get any red or gold tones in my hair. This is the best product I have ever used!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by peachmow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not picky on the packaging quality, it's not expensive and it does a good job.
My hair is currently a faded brown (yes, coloured) and I'm planning on dying my hair back to blonde. I've used this kit before to dye my whole head back to blonde (which is my original colour). I used ALL the wholes on the cap. I put it on and in LESS THAN 10 MINUTES, my hair was already a bright white. There was no yellow, and I didn't even use a plastic bag to cover my head with. I left it on for 30 minutes just in case.. but seriously! I washed it out and my hair was blonde and bleached! Wow! I actually wanted a honey blonde, but that's ohk. I went out to the store and bought Revlon's Colorsilk blonde colour and it was a beautiful blonde! This really does the trick, for highlighting and for the whole head (w/cap). Definitely buying this again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 6:13:00 AM More reviews by OvErDoSeDoNbEaUtii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. iv been using it since I was 14/15...im 22 now. When I got older I started going to a salon to get my hair done, but over time it got to expensive, so I decided I'd do it myself like I use to. My hair is layered, the top crown has heavy blonde highlight and the bottom is dark brown. I use this product to re highlight my hair, I use the honey highlight for dark brown hair since my natural hair is medium brownish, I leave it on for a 1hr everytime I use it. that's just what works for me though....and it came out great. I don't like the shampoo and conditioner though, id recommend using a purple toner shampoo if your using this or have highlight or blonde hair in general, it will help keep the highlights up and remove any brassy/orange/yellow tones in your hair I use Clairol shimmer lights, a few times a week, you get it at sally's...overall I like and recommend this product iv never had a bad experience with it

I GET MINE AT WALMART EVERYTIME, ITS WAY CHEAPER THERE THEN AT WALGREENS AND CVS

PICTURE -----> http://s1073.photobucket.com/albums/w397/JessicaRabbit90/?action=view¤t=ddsfsd2.jpg

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by joeyla79

This was my first time highlighting my hair at home. I was very nervous, but it turned out better than I could have hoped for! I have shoulder length light brown hair that had salon highlights about four months ago. It was clear that it was time for a touch up. I used 'honey highlights for medium to dark brown hair'. I didn't find the hair pulling through the cap to be as terrible as many reviews said. It did take about an hour to do 2/3 of my head, but it wasn't too bad. Thankfully I was watching my hair closely, because it was bright blonde in 25 minutes! It actually turned out a little lighter than I had planned, but I like it. Only complaint is that I couldn't get the color as close to my scalp as it would have been at the salon... but for $7 I really don't care!

Do be careful how thick you pull the hair through. I did end up with a large blonde streak near my face. My hair isn't dried out the way many reviews mentioned. Maybe it will be after another wash, but tonight it feels great. I will definitely be using this product again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Rahkayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is AMAZING! I've been too chicken to colour my hair at home since I was sixteen, but I read the reviews on this product and I didn't see anything negative or anything to worry about. My hair is a light brown colour and I was getting bored of it.

The instructions are very clear, and there are only two items that you need to mix together. One is a blue powder and the other is a bottle of a type of cream (sorry forget what it's called). Mix together until the entire product mixes properly, and apply to your hair after you have pulled the hair strands through the cap.

The results are amazing. I was kind of worried that it would work out, but I love it so much that I will definitely be buying in bulk. If they discontinue this product, I will be sooo sad! :( :P

My hair is my natural brown underneath with chunks of blonde (I wanted more of a chunk look than thin highlights) and it looks great. Not brassy at all!

I should also point out that this product is really for people with a medium/light brown hair. If your hair is super dark (chesnut brown or black) then please don't use it if you are looking for a blonde effect. It won't work. A friend of mine tried it and she has amazing dark brown/blackish hair, and it turned orange. So if you want blonde, get it done professionally. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by miisorollinn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Okay so I read the reviews and I thought I would dye my dye blondeish for senior pictures. I know this is a highlighting kit, but I used it as a bleach kit and bleached some parts of my hair. YEAH WHAT THE FLIP WAS I THINKING? Ugh I'll be honest I was hoping for better results. The kit gave me two different results, my roots/ regrowth became a nice light honey blonde/brown which is what I wanted. However everything else was red/orange/dark brown... I rebleached again and it turned the roots blonder and the rest of it became strawberry blonde -.- overall I think this product would work nicely on natural hair.. but if you dyed it black like me, you're going to get an ugly hair color.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by BeeReed

I bought this product as a way to OMBRE my hair, instead of highlight, and it has worked perfectly every time that I have used it. I originally used this when my hair was long, which is common for ombre-ed hair, so I was skeptical of how it would turn out after I cut 13 inches off and wanted to lighten it while it was short, but it turned out GREAT!! :) This is an easy, low-mess way to ombre as opposed to using straight bleach with water.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by tequilaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this it was a great way to slowly lighten my hair without damaging it too much. I used the "honey' kit. I have thick dark hair and nothing blonde ever works out with it. But suprisingly the highlights came out very blonde and I used a blow dryer while I had it on to make the bleach work faster and better. Its so easy to do,too. I did it by myself in around 25 minutes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by JennaJ1

This is my second time. Turned out better than before. I read the advise here and left it on almost 60 min. the first time. I ended up with ash, almost white highlights in my dark brown hair. Didn't look all that bad just a bit too, too. So I ran out a bought John Frieda's Glaze for brown hair and toned down to go out in public. That worked.

This time I only did 25 min or so. Beautiful golden, dark honey, highlights. My hair is shoulder length and layered. Pulling through and removing the cap is not painful in the least. I save the little plastic hooks in case one breaks. Now I have two.

Since I'm an independent cuss, I do it all myself. First time pulling the hair through took me hours, maybe 4? This time maybe 2? My problem is not being able to find a picture of what hair looks like after pulling through the cap and the results after. I did face framing and crown. Left the back alone.

Turned out great. So worth it! paying $67.00 and UP $$ for salon highlights? No.