August 29, 2014 | 1940 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Hair Cleansing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by GooMavs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is AMAZING. I always, always had residue in my hair after showering. Nothing I did would get rid of it. Finally I tracked this stuff down from the Hair Cuttery and I'm in love! I use it everyday with no problems. Now I have bouncy, healthy hair with no greasy feeling after washing!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by bebeblondie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for about a year now and absolutely love it. I use it approximately once a week to remove build-up, and I use it before doing a protein treatment. It leaves my hair amazingly shiny, bouncy, and beautiful; I always get compliments on my hair on the days that I use this. I also love that it's gentle and not drying (if used in rotation with my regular shampoo). For reference, I have very fine, thin hair that has been damaged from color treating and highlighting for years. My favorite part of this shampoo is that it gives my usually flat hair body and life. Will repurchase when I run out but I'm still on my first bottle! A little goes a long way.
*UPDATE - 10/9/2012 -- This bottle has lasted me FOREVER. My original review was in Dec. 2011 and I had already had the bottle for quite some time (a year?), and it's now Sept. 2012 and I'm still on the same bottle. It's pretty low towards the bottom now but it'll probably last me until this December! That's probably around 2 years worth out of one bottle. Granted, I went through a period where I was only using this once every 4-5 weeks, but now I'm back to using it every 1-2 weeks, still loving it. Although, I did notice the other day when I used it that my scalp was slightly itchy for the rest of the day, but I'm not sure if it was from this or perhaps from another product.. Will update if I notice this again with this product. Anyway, I think this is a great product and I'm thrilled that it has lasted this long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by katushka37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the best clarifying shampoo I've ever tried! It does exactly what I want it to do! It removes styling products and residue from my hair, makes it bright and shiny, doesn't dry my bleached hair out at all. It is safe for colour treated hair too.
It has a very pleasant citrus scent which doesn't linger after the wash. foams up nicely too. No matter how much product I've used it makes my hair squeaky clean and shiny after wash. I usually use it 2 week, you can either follow with your normal shampoo or use conditioner or hair mask straight afterwards, depending on how much product or oil you've had in your hair to start with.

I've purchased 1L bottle after trying 250 ml one because it became a staple in my bathroom.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 8:20:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

cleanses very very well without leaving hair with that aggressively stripped feeling. Hair is left clean, shiny and still soft to the touch. I wouldn't use this everyday as naturally my hair is on the dry side but this works well for me to use about once a week for removing product build- up. I don't give it 5 because I the joico chelating shampoo is just better and I will be purchasing that instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by jaqi16

First off, I've used a couple Redken products before, and was not impressed. They didn't seem to do much for my hair. So I was a little hesitant to try this, but I am so glad I did. I really like this shampoo. I used it to clean my hair of buildup from another product. And it worked wonderfully, it got rid of the buildup and dander caused by the other product. My hair tends to be dry and frizzy, with an oily scalp. This left my hair really clean, but not dried out. It left my hair full of volume. Although I'm not using the product that was causing the dander, this worked so well I will definitely repurchase. I think I am going to try to use this once a week or every other week. I am going to get the liter size next time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Since this is not only a clarifying shampoo, but also a chelating one, I use this roughly once a week to thoroughly wash my hair of that week's styling products (usually hair wax) and to help in the "battle" against hard water. It leaves my coarse, Asian hair completely clean, but not stripped at all, plus it doesn't irritate my sensitive scalp despite the fact that it's fragranced. The fragrance itself is very light and vaguely lemon-y. Also, you don't need to use a lot as it lathers like crazy, so even a smaller [10.1 fl oz/300mL] bottle should last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by mymelody87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

As far as clarifying shampoos go, I'm convinced that Redken's Hair Cleansing Cream is the best product out there. My hair is long, fine, thin, and oily - a great combination. Other clarifying shampoos I have tried (both high- and low-end) either strip my hair too much causing it to break off at the ends, or don't strip it enough, leaving my hair oilier over time from build-up. I've been using this shampoo every alternate shampoo for over a week now and I can honestly and definitively report back that Redken's Cleansing Cream produces neither of those nasty effects on my hair. It just leaves me with squeaky clean, oil-free, buildup-free hair.

The ingredients say it contains chelating agents, which are important to use periodically when repeatedly showering in hard water. Chelate compounds basically adhere to mineral deposits left in the hair by hard water and remove them. (I think that it is this gradual mineral buildup in hair which causes otherwise excellent shampoos to 'stop working' properly when used repeatedly. Having struggled with hard water off and on for most of my adult life, I've noticed that that seemed to be the trend - shampoos which were otherwise decent worked poorly and left buildup in hard water.) On the other hand, the safety of using chelating agents in beauty and personal care is occasionally questioned - based on what I have read online, some sources consider them dangerous additives. Do with that information what you will, but I've come to view chelates as a necessity. I'll admit it; I don't care about the possible effects until more definitive research is done on this matter. I'm too busy being happy that I found a cheaper alternative to installing a home water filtration system.

Anyway...the first time I used this shampoo I was pleasantly surprised. My hair was the cleanest it has EVER been. I immediately suspected that this might be too good to be true, and continued to use it, consecutively in some cases (even though the directions specify it ought to be used at most alternately with another, regular shampoo), to see if I could find a downside, but I was unable to. Three washes in a row with this and each time I found my hair as squeaky clean as it was the first time I used it. This is all I've ever wanted in a clarifying shampoo. And I'm overjoyed to discover that finally somebody got the formula correct.

Another thing I like is that immediately after shamooing with Hair Cleansing Cream my hair seems more 'receptive', if you will, to conditioners and masks. My hair just drinks them up! I tried using One 'N Only Argan Oil's Restorative Mask immediately after using Hair Cleansing Cream, and the results were awesome: the mask penetrated my hair better than ever before, and I needed much, much less of it. Emerging from the shower, I found my hair not just incredibly clean, but silky smooth, easy to comb, and extremely hydrated. Best of all, I love the scent of the One 'N Only/MoroccanOil lines of haircare products, but hate that the scent fades so fast. But after shampooing with Redken's Hair Cleansing Cream, I noticed that delicious smell of those products stays in my hair much longer after it dries, which it never does under normal circumstances. (A definitely 5 lippies from me for that one effect alone.) For reference - Hair Cleansing Cream itself has a light, inoffensive citrus odor, with perhaps a slight acidic 'bite' to it, but nothing overpowering.

Bottom line: This as the best clarifying shampoo I have ever used, and I can see myself buying this product repeatedly unless they change the formula. It is great at cutting excess oil, without causing any sort of rebound effect, and at removing mineral deposits in hair caused by hard water. I highly recommend this to those with oily scalp, those who find their favorite shampoos sorta "stop working" after a few consecutive uses, and those with hard water. Keep in mind you will probably need to follow up with a good, strong conditioner. But that's it. This product is awesome. I only wish I had known about it sooner.

27 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 2:31:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this shampoo a lot. Does what it claim to do. I like that it doesn't dry out your hair and is very gentle and effective. But if you don't use lots of styling and leave-in products I would not use this regularly. I go through one small bottle in two years or something. It is quite expensive and I only use it when I feel like I need a thorough wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by LittleSnowflake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the 1st clarifying shampoo ive used that doesnt make your hair feel stripped, 'squeeky' & a bit parched.

Normally clarifying poos seem too harsh & make my hair feel like it's been washed in Fairy Liquid, but Redken Cleansing Creme manages to feel gentle & nurturing on the hair, yet still really effective at removing buildup.

After using this my feels super-clean and totally free of buildup, whilst still retaining some moisture, softness and shine.

I'm not keen on spending so much on a shampoo, but untill i find a cheaper alternative that works as well as Cleansing Creme (which seems doubtful!) i'll keep buying for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 4:29:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

I have never tried to clarify my hair and this is the first product ive used. Im so glad that everyone says their hair 'squeaks' too! i thought it was just my hair that squeaked clean. it does the job - my hair felt really different after i used this, but in a good way. i used a moisturising shampoo and when my hair dried all was well :)
i would recommend it, it has a very slight scent, like citrus/lemons/oranges. i plan to use this once a week or once a fortnight, ill see how i go (i use a bunch of products in my hair, sometimes 5 in one go i know its bad lol)
the price is expensive - for australians it about $30 - $21 per bottle depending on where you buy.
Packaging is nice - normal redken plastic bottles with the flip top lid. You get 300mL per bottle. if you use that once a week though it should last you almost probably 12 weeks i reckon, cause i found i only needed the littlest dollop and it foamed up so much and i didnt need to shampoo twice.
I would buy this product again, i am pleased with its performance