Redken Hair Cleansing Cream

4.5

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Fragrance, Pentasodium Pentetate, Limonene, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Stearic Acid, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Amino Methyl Propanol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Wheat Amino Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citrus Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract

It clarifies better than my regular shampoos, but still leaves my scalp smelly, so it doesn't clarify enough. Once I used vinegar in addition to it and that did the trick.

on 8/25/2012 9:27:00 PM

As a hairstylist I use a lot of shampoos on clients. This one is the most deep cleansing of them all. It smells incredible and take out all products and oil in the hair!! Great color correction tool to help fade out hair color!! It is not a daily shampoo and not a great shampoo for hair that is colored. It should be used by people with a lot of buildup and need a good scalp cleansing!! :)

on 8/7/2012 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I like this enough but dont feel like it is as clarifying as i need it to be sometimes, It is gentle which is good, but I do think I like the Joico chelating better (we have very hard water so maybe that is why). Overall, a gentle clarifying shampoo that is not too overpriced and definitely great for colored and/or damaged hair.

on 8/7/2012 7:10:00 AM

Yess, it't nothing bad, but not the best. I used to use Alternate action by Matrix. ThaT was the BOMB

on 7/20/2012 10:27:00 PM

My HG clarifying shampoo. I use this every now and then when I notice build up. I must follow up with a rich conditioner. My hair is fine, highlighted and prone to dryness so I only use this as needed. This has never destroyed my hair like some other clarifying shampoos have in the past. So far loving it.

on 7/18/2012 8:49:00 AM

This works great, much better than Bumble & Bumble Sunday shampoo, and I prefer it to the Aveda clarifying shampoo that had previously been my HG, for scent, bottle design and results.

I moved from a soft water area to a hard water area, and my long, thick hair started going crazy - dry ends, greasy roots, coated, sticky feel, totally unmanageable and just looked awful! I was at my wits end until I did my research and bought this wonder shampoo. I use it once a week so my hair looks as nice as possible when I straighten it for the weekend. The rest of the week I use normal or sulphate free shampoos as I'm trying to preserve the life of my color and Brazilian blow dry, and can really tell the difference.

I use a deep treatment after this shampoo, so haven't noticed my hair being any drier than usual as a result of using this. Try this ladies!

on 7/18/2012 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this to try as a clarifying shampoo. This definitely does clarify my hair and makes it swea,y clean. This is a little too harsh for my hair. I prefer the Redken extreme or the Paul Mitchell shampoo three. I definitely want to try the Paul Mitchell shampoo two before I decide which me is the best. This was just too much for my hair.

on 7/14/2012 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

This clarifier is alright, I mean, it did remove the significant build up from the hair. My problem is the dryness I experienced afterward, so hard to comb my hair. After I deep conditioned my hair still looked a little dry. It does the job but really strips the hair shaft. Perhaps I left it on too long?

on 6/27/2012 9:01:00 PM

Really love this product! I've been using Neutrogena Clarifying shampoo for several years now but I don't really think it works very well, so I decided to try something else. It costs $25 for a liter at Ulta, so it's a little pricey. It has a weird consistency; it really is like a cream. I was a little skeptical at first but it seems to be a great clarifying shampoo! If your hair is dry and tangly like mine, make sure you use conditioner (Redken All Soft conditioner seems to work well).

on 5/23/2012 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is the best anti-residue/clarifying shampoo i have ever used! it works everytime! it has a citrus-y scent and foams up in seconds.i use it once a week to reduce the residue from my usual shampoos. its a rather expensive product, but a small bottle i bought in march lasted me till now, and theres still 3/4 of a bottle left! you seriously dont need much! it is defenetly worth the money!!!

Popular Shampoos