March 2, 2015 | 1684 users online

Dry Shampoo - Klorane - Dry shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

You know when everyone is raving about a product and how it's changed their life, and you're all like "wow, I need to try this stuff, it sounds perfect for me!" Yet you're not committed enough to ever be bothered to actually go out and buy it, and then years past, and one day you happen to notice it on sale as you're browsing through the aisle, and think "hmmm, maybe it's finally time I give this a try". And then you take it home and use it for the first time, and realize it's been the missing piece to your entire life and kick yourself wondering "Oh my God WHY didn't I try this sooner??!!!". That's how I feel about dry shampoo. Years and years wasted away, frustrated that my hair was so difficult to wash and dry, wishing I could just clean the greasies and wash less often. And this whole time, there was dry shampoo, waiting for me at the drugstore, and I kept ignore it.

I normally try to wash every 3 days since I have so much big, long, rebellious hair that is hydrophobic. But by day 3 the greasies have invaded my roots and scalp, and along with the heaviness of the vast quantity of hair it pulls down and flattens out my roots even more. Not pretty. This stuff magically makes all the greasies dsappear into thin hair, and replaces it with tons of volume at the root, rebalancing the shape of my hair. Fantastic. I now use it on days 3, 4, and 5, and wash day 6, I'm kinda stretching it but I'm hoping to be able to last a full week without washing, eventually.

There is a bit of a learning curve, I kept spraying it too close to my scalp at first, and putting it on too thick, but I mastered the technique now. I will admit I've never tried any other brand or a homemade dry shampoo before, so I can't compare to similar products, but I am in LOVE with the concept of dry shampoo. I'm still in disbelief over how well it actually works. Don't hesitate, go out now and buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by girlsinlove

So glad Klorane dry shampoo is now available in Australia. It craps all over Cedel, which I had been using before. Klorane is much lighter and requires fewer sprays to do the same job. And it doesn't leave much residue, smell bad or make my scalp feeling disgusting like Cedel did.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 2:42:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this stuff is nice and light. not as much texture as i like. doesn't give too much volume but some people like that. light scent and no visible cast. pretty expensive for what it is, still a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by myannabellee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I make my own dry shampoo as well, but for on-the-go stuff, this is great.
No overpowering scent, just a light freshness. Easy to brush out leaving no residue. Lasts a reasonable period of time before the can runs empty.
A little pricey by my standards at 10 euros, but I only say that because making my own is so cheap. Only thing is, I can't put mine in an aerosol can.
As dry shampoos go, this one is perfectly fine.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by pocky

This was my HG dry shampoo for years until I started having problems with the can. Klorane was the best dry shampoo I found and I loved it. Unfortunately, sometime last year I got a defective can and I had the same problem with all the subsequent cans I purchased so I finally said goodbye to Klorane. What seemed to have happened was after the initial use, the compressed air would slowly seep out of the can over time. I remember hearing a hissing sound after using the can but there was absolutely nothing I could do to stop the escaping air. Eventually, after all the air is gone, the bottle is completely useless. You can't get any product out of an aerosol can without compressed air, right? After a couple uses, my practically brand new can of Klorane was rendered completely useless and had to be tossed. Stupid me, I went through this same scenario four more times before calling it a day and moving on to another dry shampoo.

I did not try the non aerosol Klorane because I was just so fed up with Korane by this point. Also, I had to admit to myself that Klorane always left white residue on my hair that required a lot of brushing out to remove. Sometimes if I wasn't careful, I would miss a spot and later in the day I would find an ashy spot on my hair. I have since found my new HG, blowpro faux dry shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

From what I can tell there are 2 kinds, one that says it's gentle and the other has a green cap and is formulated for oily hair types. I'm reviewing the gentle one, which I received a couple of free samples from my work. I don't normally like to write a review so soon after trying a product but with this I would say that the results have been instant and long-lasting throughout my day. Generally I like to use the Batiste blush dry shampoo but I think I will be converting to this, even though it is twice the price. This stuff is way better. My major flaw I find with Batiste is that it leaves my hair feeling dirty, kinda like cotton candy I find. The Klorane does not do this, it just makes my hair feel and look clean. It leaves a bit of a white residue, as does Batiste, which I actually enjoy as I find it blends my blonde highlights with my roots. The smell of this doesn't linger and I like that. Oh, plus it gives lots of volume, which I love.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 2:58:00 AM More reviews by ShahnaG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Easily the best dry shampoo I've tried. Works well, even on dark hair! I also have a sensitive scalp and this is the only dry shampoo that hasn't irritated my skin. Can't live without this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Initially I didn't like this dry shampoo, but it's grown on me. I was a longtime Pssssst! user but the stench associated with spray dry shampoos was getting to me, so I've made the switch to non-aerosol products.

This is pretty pricey at $18, but I think this is the best at volumizing and texturizing second-day hair. The non-aerosol bottle is easy to use, although sometimes it does deposit too much product if I squeeze overzealously. I have dark hair so I have to be diligent about coming it through, otherwise it *will* leave white patches in my hair.

That said, this is still the best dry shampoo I've used to date. The scent is a light powdery scent, like baby powder, but it isn't too strong. I'll definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by tookie15

The best dry shampoo formula I have come across so far...it doesnt weigh down your hair, its easy to comb out the product to distribute it along your crown and it doesnt leave white powder and I have dark brown to black hair!

It is a little expensive, approx $12-$15 for a can and it does run out a little fast, but i've tried alot of other brands..and this is so far the best formula so far :D definitely will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

I love this! It works very well to reduce oil. It helps to give my hair more volume when it goes flat. I have black hair and this not leave a white/gray cast after combing out. I LOVE LOVE LOVE how this does not have a strong smell, I hate hair products like that. Obviously you can't expect to comb all of the product out, so I don't mind having to feel a little powder in my roots for a day. I also find it to keep my hair clean for an extra 18 hours before I really need to shampoo!
I do have to pay more for this dry shampoo compared to other ones I can find at the drugstore for half the price, but this one works so much better, and smells better.

UPDATE:
I find that this shampoo does go out pretty quick. I have the 50ml size and I used it fully 2-3 times.. and I notice the can will probably offer me 1 or 2 more times of full use. So.. that's about 5 uses for 1/3 of the full size can.. to me thats pretty quick.