February 1, 2015 | 2060 users online

Dry Shampoo - Klorane - Dry shampoo

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by pocky

This was my HG dry shampoo for years until I started having problems with the can. Klorane was the best dry shampoo I found and I loved it. Unfortunately, sometime last year I got a defective can and I had the same problem with all the subsequent cans I purchased so I finally said goodbye to Klorane. What seemed to have happened was after the initial use, the compressed air would slowly seep out of the can over time. I remember hearing a hissing sound after using the can but there was absolutely nothing I could do to stop the escaping air. Eventually, after all the air is gone, the bottle is completely useless. You can't get any product out of an aerosol can without compressed air, right? After a couple uses, my practically brand new can of Klorane was rendered completely useless and had to be tossed. Stupid me, I went through this same scenario four more times before calling it a day and moving on to another dry shampoo.

I did not try the non aerosol Klorane because I was just so fed up with Korane by this point. Also, I had to admit to myself that Klorane always left white residue on my hair that required a lot of brushing out to remove. Sometimes if I wasn't careful, I would miss a spot and later in the day I would find an ashy spot on my hair. I have since found my new HG, blowpro faux dry shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

From what I can tell there are 2 kinds, one that says it's gentle and the other has a green cap and is formulated for oily hair types. I'm reviewing the gentle one, which I received a couple of free samples from my work. I don't normally like to write a review so soon after trying a product but with this I would say that the results have been instant and long-lasting throughout my day. Generally I like to use the Batiste blush dry shampoo but I think I will be converting to this, even though it is twice the price. This stuff is way better. My major flaw I find with Batiste is that it leaves my hair feeling dirty, kinda like cotton candy I find. The Klorane does not do this, it just makes my hair feel and look clean. It leaves a bit of a white residue, as does Batiste, which I actually enjoy as I find it blends my blonde highlights with my roots. The smell of this doesn't linger and I like that. Oh, plus it gives lots of volume, which I love.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 2:58:00 AM More reviews by ShahnaG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Easily the best dry shampoo I've tried. Works well, even on dark hair! I also have a sensitive scalp and this is the only dry shampoo that hasn't irritated my skin. Can't live without this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Initially I didn't like this dry shampoo, but it's grown on me. I was a longtime Pssssst! user but the stench associated with spray dry shampoos was getting to me, so I've made the switch to non-aerosol products.

This is pretty pricey at $18, but I think this is the best at volumizing and texturizing second-day hair. The non-aerosol bottle is easy to use, although sometimes it does deposit too much product if I squeeze overzealously. I have dark hair so I have to be diligent about coming it through, otherwise it *will* leave white patches in my hair.

That said, this is still the best dry shampoo I've used to date. The scent is a light powdery scent, like baby powder, but it isn't too strong. I'll definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by tookie15

The best dry shampoo formula I have come across so far...it doesnt weigh down your hair, its easy to comb out the product to distribute it along your crown and it doesnt leave white powder and I have dark brown to black hair!

It is a little expensive, approx $12-$15 for a can and it does run out a little fast, but i've tried alot of other brands..and this is so far the best formula so far :D definitely will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

I love this! It works very well to reduce oil. It helps to give my hair more volume when it goes flat. I have black hair and this not leave a white/gray cast after combing out. I LOVE LOVE LOVE how this does not have a strong smell, I hate hair products like that. Obviously you can't expect to comb all of the product out, so I don't mind having to feel a little powder in my roots for a day. I also find it to keep my hair clean for an extra 18 hours before I really need to shampoo!
I do have to pay more for this dry shampoo compared to other ones I can find at the drugstore for half the price, but this one works so much better, and smells better.

UPDATE:
I find that this shampoo does go out pretty quick. I have the 50ml size and I used it fully 2-3 times.. and I notice the can will probably offer me 1 or 2 more times of full use. So.. that's about 5 uses for 1/3 of the full size can.. to me thats pretty quick.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2012 8:50:00 AM More reviews by lhschulz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My hair is quite dry and gets oily fast because I wash it so much! I've been trying to wash it every second day to get it in better condition and thought a dry shampoo might help me put up with oily hair! So I took a trip to the chemist and bought the most expensive one, thinking it would work the best. It cost me around $18! AHHH!

The first time I used it, it worked pretty well and I did notice quite a reduction in the amount of oil.. (I found that I did have to use quite a bit though.) There was no powdery residue in my hair and the smell of this product is quite pleasant and clean smelling..
- Almost a mix between a light soap and a standard hair spray!

BUT then the can started making a strange whistling noise not long after using it.. My boyfriend got worried because he thought it was on the verge of exploding in my face.
But I just put the can aside and it eventually stopped. (Phew!)
BUT THEN!! ..the next day, I reached for it again only to realize, it weighed nothing and ALL THE PRODUCT WAS GONE!
I'm thinking maybe the air escaped and turned to powder in the can or something! I'm not sure what happened but I'm so bummed out because I'm usually never the type to spend so much on hair products! :(

Although the product worked quite well the 1st and only time I got to use it, I think I'd be too afraid to re-purchase it ever again. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by skinnicole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this dry shampoo! I have dark brown hair and the white residue goes after a minute or two of combing. (TIP use a black/dark coloured comb and once the comb stops catching all the white residue, you know you don't have any more residue in your hair)

This shampoo smells clean & fresh and the packaging is really sleek and lovely. Not only does it clean my hair, it gives it extra volume and I've actually been complimented on my hair twice after using this dry shampoo. If anything, I would say that it's a little expensive, compared to other products on the market but I don't mind waiting until it's on sale to stock up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Safin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have never used dry shampoo before, but I was in Paris and wanted to buy this already for a long time, so this was my chance.
I have the version for oily hair, what I have on the second day after washing.
Pro:
it is effective
it does leave a white mist, but after a little massage it is gone
it gives your hair more grip and volume
it is quick
Con:
it is finished very fast
my hair feels dirty after using

I don't like styling products in my hair, because it always leaves me with the feeling that I want to wash my hair again, this gives me the same feeling. But for emergencies it does its job, so probably I will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by jacoba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like the TiGi Rockaholic dry shampoo better than this one, however, this one does its job too. Doesn't leave a white residue, and absorbs oil. I find I go through one can fairly quickly, another reason I like the TiGi one (bigger can.) But overall it is one of the best on the market.