Dr. Hauschka Translucent Bronze Concentrate

4.5

Water/Aqua, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Lysolecithin (Hydrolyzed Lecithin), Beeswax/Cera Flava, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Linalool, Farnesol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Benzyl Salicylate, Coumarin, Eugenol, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Algin, Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Oil, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex/CI 75810, Iron Oxides 5/29/09

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this stuff! Nobody will ever stop and ask you where you've been on vacay, but don't be surprised if they do make comments on your lovely, healthy complexion and general bright-eyed-and-bushy-tail'ed-ness. The concentrate is extremely sheer, and 2-3 drops in my jojoba oil each morning provides the perfect coverup for winter blahs, as well as a nice, natural dewy-glowy look atop my summer tan. Although the small bottle can seem a bit pricey, you really only need a few drops, so it tends to last forever. Cost per use must be astronomically low. The smell is very light and thank god for that -- it smells of herbal baby oil to me. My only other complaint is the dispenser: every third or fourth use produces a congealed clump of what's been sitting in the pump nozzle. This gunk is useless and, as such, waste of perfectly good product. Sadness. But such trivial concerns could not sway my overall love for the serum, which makes my skin look really, really fantastic in an uncomplicated, un-made-up sort of way.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Great product. Gives my skin a very natural, healthy tone and it is also pleasant to use. I'm not a terrific fan of Hauschka products (although I have tried to like them), but this one is definitely a winner.

Fabulous stuff! I love Hauschka! I even used this on my legs when wearing capri's in the summer. It is easy to use, it gives a great tanned look and it's a quality product with non toxic ingredients.

I wanted so much to love this product but it fell short of my expectations. Let me explain that I first purchased the Maybelline Bronzing Booster Concentrate (see my review). FANTASTIC product. Beautiful color and so easy to use. Unfortunately it was a LE product and was discontinued. I really liked the concept of tinting my regular moisturizer for a sheer wash of color. So based on the reviews here I splurged on the Dr. Hauschka version. Unfortunately its not as good as the Maybeline. Its too sheer and the color isn't as flattering. Its kind of a muddy color and even though its a sheer tint it doesn't leave me with a healthy glow like the other bronzer. It is, however, all natural (I don't even want to know what's in the Maybeline product). But natural or not its not as good and cost seven times as much! The Dr. H has a very light, almost undetectable, herbal citrus scent. It comes in a one ounce glass bottle with a pump dispenser. I'm not ready to ditch this product yet. I'll experiment with it a little more but I don't think I'll be repurchasing.

I'm so glad I found this product, I usually mix a few drops with my moisturizer and it gives a sheer wash of color. It's a bit messy to use, but the benefits of this are worth it.

I've been using this product for a bout a year and a half now, blending it with my Shiedo sunscreen. It has NEVER broken me out. I absolutely love the color. I can vary the amount accourding to whether I have a my usual color, tan or using a self tanner There are two problems, thoug. The first is that it's quite expensive and doesn't last long. The other is that the pump bottle doesn't reach to the bottom, so there's quite a bit left when you're finished that you can't use. Anyway, I'm giving this product 5 lippies because it's really a quality product that I can't do without. Every other tintd moisurizer I've used breaks me out (Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, Stila) but this is incredible. Also, I can get the 55 spf protection of my regular sunscreen instead of the 15 spf usually offered by tinted moisturizers. Highly recommended.

Excellent product! I have acneic skin, light-medium, slight yellow undertones (I am Asian) and this product works great for my skin tone and doesnt irritate nor clog my pores. The colour did look a bit dirty and brown when I pumped it into my sunscreen but when applied to my skin, it blends wonderfully and makes my skin look healthy and radiant. Its a definate repurchase as its so multi-functional as I sometimes use it on my body, mixed into my body lotion. The smell is kinda weird like most of Dr H's product but its not unpleasant. I dont like the pump though cos some liquid get traps and dries so the next time I use it, the first pump is a solid, plasticy thing, but its not a big deal.

Edited Nov 2007----I took this on holiday with me and broke out from it, and it looked super oily on my face. Although, it didnt break me out previously, I wont be usign this in my face anymore, but will mix it in eith my body moisturiser instead

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to like this bronzer, really I did. In fact, after reading the positive reviews, I almost feel like I should give it another chance. However, every time I wore it several people commented on how tired I looked. My skin is acne prone and oily and I use Dr. H cleansing cream, day oil and day lotion regularly, which has significantly improved my complexion. I tried the bronzer for two weeks, blending a very small amount in with my morning day lotion. The bronzer did not irritate my skin and would have been easily integrated, except for the color base being off for me. It just never looked quite natural on me and was just a little too yellow on my skin, hence the comments about looking tired. I have fair skin and dark hair/eyes, Bare Minerals Lightly Fair is an exact match for my skin tone. I gave it three lippies because the color wasn't good for me. Luckily, I was able to return the unused product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this is my favourite Dr Hauschka product. i hate tinted moisturisers because my skin is combination and sensitive and prone to breakouts and Im very particular about my moisturisers so usually tinted moisturisers are not right for my skin, So this is great because i can mix it with my HG moisturisers and get the effect of a tinted moisturiser.
Healthy lightly bronzed glow, very natural looking, and definately no break outs. you can layer and layer to build up a colour. fantastic for day wear especially in the summer when its hot, because its so lightweight you wont feel like your wearing anything. this a HG for me. I love the smell too.

I've been using this for about 2 months now so I think it's time for a review.
I'm not so much in love with its bronzing abilities but it's still great for other reasons.
I'm NC35 (mac), olive skinned south Asian, and even if I use this stuff alone it doesn't give me the same effect as a bronzer. It's too translucent and gives a glow rather than full on bronzing effect but I quite like that. The downside for me is that it's slightly oily and my skin gets oily enough anyway so I don't wear it with makeup. However, when I'm not wearing makeup, i definitely use it to give my cheeks some colour and a bit of mattifying loose powder on top makes it less shiny. Itís the perfect take-on-holiday product.

The reason I really love this is because of the difference it's made to my skin. For the past 5 weeks or so at night, after removing my makeup, washing my face and moisturising, I rub this stuff on my cheeks and my skin looks so good in the morning! It's so soft and smooth and any blemishes that Iíve had from period-pimples having been fading really quickly.

Top Rated Dr. Hauschka Products