Dr. Hauschka Translucent Bronze Concentrate

4.5

Water/Aqua, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Lysolecithin (Hydrolyzed Lecithin), Beeswax/Cera Flava, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Linalool, Farnesol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Benzyl Salicylate, Coumarin, Eugenol, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Algin, Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Oil, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex/CI 75810, Iron Oxides 5/29/09

on 12/6/2007 9:30:00 PM

Fabulous stuff! I love Hauschka! I even used this on my legs when wearing capri's in the summer. It is easy to use, it gives a great tanned look and it's a quality product with non toxic ingredients.

on 10/16/2007 7:52:00 PM

I wanted so much to love this product but it fell short of my expectations. Let me explain that I first purchased the Maybelline Bronzing Booster Concentrate (see my review). FANTASTIC product. Beautiful color and so easy to use. Unfortunately it was a LE product and was discontinued. I really liked the concept of tinting my regular moisturizer for a sheer wash of color. So based on the reviews here I splurged on the Dr. Hauschka version. Unfortunately its not as good as the Maybeline. Its too sheer and the color isn't as flattering. Its kind of a muddy color and even though its a sheer tint it doesn't leave me with a healthy glow like the other bronzer. It is, however, all natural (I don't even want to know what's in the Maybeline product). But natural or not its not as good and cost seven times as much! The Dr. H has a very light, almost undetectable, herbal citrus scent. It comes in a one ounce glass bottle with a pump dispenser. I'm not ready to ditch this product yet. I'll experiment with it a little more but I don't think I'll be repurchasing.

on 9/10/2007 1:44:00 AM

I'm so glad I found this product, I usually mix a few drops with my moisturizer and it gives a sheer wash of color. It's a bit messy to use, but the benefits of this are worth it.

on 9/3/2007 2:42:00 PM

I've been using this product for a bout a year and a half now, blending it with my Shiedo sunscreen. It has NEVER broken me out. I absolutely love the color. I can vary the amount accourding to whether I have a my usual color, tan or using a self tanner There are two problems, thoug. The first is that it's quite expensive and doesn't last long. The other is that the pump bottle doesn't reach to the bottom, so there's quite a bit left when you're finished that you can't use. Anyway, I'm giving this product 5 lippies because it's really a quality product that I can't do without. Every other tintd moisurizer I've used breaks me out (Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, Stila) but this is incredible. Also, I can get the 55 spf protection of my regular sunscreen instead of the 15 spf usually offered by tinted moisturizers. Highly recommended.

on 8/7/2007 7:48:00 PM

Excellent product! I have acneic skin, light-medium, slight yellow undertones (I am Asian) and this product works great for my skin tone and doesnt irritate nor clog my pores. The colour did look a bit dirty and brown when I pumped it into my sunscreen but when applied to my skin, it blends wonderfully and makes my skin look healthy and radiant. Its a definate repurchase as its so multi-functional as I sometimes use it on my body, mixed into my body lotion. The smell is kinda weird like most of Dr H's product but its not unpleasant. I dont like the pump though cos some liquid get traps and dries so the next time I use it, the first pump is a solid, plasticy thing, but its not a big deal.

Edited Nov 2007----I took this on holiday with me and broke out from it, and it looked super oily on my face. Although, it didnt break me out previously, I wont be usign this in my face anymore, but will mix it in eith my body moisturiser instead

on 7/29/2007 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to like this bronzer, really I did. In fact, after reading the positive reviews, I almost feel like I should give it another chance. However, every time I wore it several people commented on how tired I looked. My skin is acne prone and oily and I use Dr. H cleansing cream, day oil and day lotion regularly, which has significantly improved my complexion. I tried the bronzer for two weeks, blending a very small amount in with my morning day lotion. The bronzer did not irritate my skin and would have been easily integrated, except for the color base being off for me. It just never looked quite natural on me and was just a little too yellow on my skin, hence the comments about looking tired. I have fair skin and dark hair/eyes, Bare Minerals Lightly Fair is an exact match for my skin tone. I gave it three lippies because the color wasn't good for me. Luckily, I was able to return the unused product.

on 7/15/2007 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this is my favourite Dr Hauschka product. i hate tinted moisturisers because my skin is combination and sensitive and prone to breakouts and Im very particular about my moisturisers so usually tinted moisturisers are not right for my skin, So this is great because i can mix it with my HG moisturisers and get the effect of a tinted moisturiser.
Healthy lightly bronzed glow, very natural looking, and definately no break outs. you can layer and layer to build up a colour. fantastic for day wear especially in the summer when its hot, because its so lightweight you wont feel like your wearing anything. this a HG for me. I love the smell too.

I've been using this for about 2 months now so I think it's time for a review.
I'm not so much in love with its bronzing abilities but it's still great for other reasons.
I'm NC35 (mac), olive skinned south Asian, and even if I use this stuff alone it doesn't give me the same effect as a bronzer. It's too translucent and gives a glow rather than full on bronzing effect but I quite like that. The downside for me is that it's slightly oily and my skin gets oily enough anyway so I don't wear it with makeup. However, when I'm not wearing makeup, i definitely use it to give my cheeks some colour and a bit of mattifying loose powder on top makes it less shiny. Itís the perfect take-on-holiday product.

The reason I really love this is because of the difference it's made to my skin. For the past 5 weeks or so at night, after removing my makeup, washing my face and moisturising, I rub this stuff on my cheeks and my skin looks so good in the morning! It's so soft and smooth and any blemishes that Iíve had from period-pimples having been fading really quickly.

on 6/15/2007 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It's an OK bronzer. I wish it was more pigmented, but you can compensate for that by adding a second or third layer.
Also, it's very runny, I would have preferred a more gel-like consistency. But, all in all, it's a good product. It doesn't give me a tan, but a warm glow, and it doesn't make my already oily face any oilier.
It has no coverage, I can see that it evens out my skin a little, but I still have to apply my MMU on top, for better coverage.
I'm not too fond of the smell, I find it lingers for quite some time, but it's not unpleasant either.
My bottle seems to work just fine, if I am careful to press on the cap gently, it only gives out the amount of product that I need.
I won't buy again, because for the high price, I can't say it makes such a great difference on my face. I still have to use self tanners, so I would only purchase if they come up with a more pigmented version of this bronzer.

on 6/8/2007 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is one of my FAVE Dr. H products. I was a little reluctant about using it, due to the fact that it contains olive oil. However, I'm no longer oil phobic so I finally bought it over the winter when I got tired of looking at my pale, lifeless skin. I mixed it with my moisturizer and my skin looked great. It decreases the need for other facial make-up if you have nice skin. I just used a few sheer dabs of a tinter moisturizer to even out my skin-tone and it was that simple. I used it over a light tan after returning from an early spring vacation. It enhanced my tan and made me look, well, really GOOD! :o) When I returned to work, people commented on my tan and how well-rested I looked. Dr. H works it's magic again.
P.S. The only reason that I didn't give it a 5 is because of the packaging. It releases too much of the product! It would last longer if so much wasn't wasted that way!

Popular Bronzers