October 21, 2014 | 986 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Super Skinny Daily Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2008 12:11:00 AM More reviews by iamtr0uble

I love how Paul Mitchell is cruelty-free:) The shampoo I find to be very moisturizing & smoothing for my hair. The smell is the only thing that puts me off a lil' bit.....like sour green apples or something of that sort. However, I think I'm going to try to find a shampoo that has a matching conditioner that I love as well, b/c the Super Skinny conditioner felt like I was putting Elmer's glue in my hair:( Very weird, very unenjoyable. Did, weirdly enough after rinsing it out though, leave my hair to be soft & smooth.....but texture of product is just too weird for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2008 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Arbybarbie1979

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this in a kit because I wanted to try the super skinny serum. I left the shampoo sitting in a drawer for a long while before using. I have given this about 3-4 tries. It seems to not cleanse as well as I would like. I have fine, color treated, past shoulder length hair with some damage to the ends. I don't like my hair on the days I use this. It leaves my hair just blah, dull, lifeless and no bounce whatsoever. This is going in the trash.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by perklunk9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just can't understand why this product has so many bad reviews, I have dry hair down to my waist, and this shampoo/conditioner really worked for me. it's probably definatley not for shorter hair, because it would weigh it down a whole lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Kayabea

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shampo and conditioner is perfect for my thick,curly, kinky hair. It helps smooth it out beautifully when I blow it dry, and it looks very straight and healthy. I've had many compliments since using both.. However, I can see how it would be too much for people who have thinner and straighter hair, I use very little conditioner, like the amount of a dime, rub it on my hands and then my hair. That is more than enough. I will buy both the shampoo and conditioner again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by EmmaJohnson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay let me give you some background on myself. I have very long (down to the middle of my back) hair. It is light brown with natural red and blonde highlights, and I have never colored it in my life. It, however, is very "poofy". It isn't straight, and it isn't curly. It has a very slight wave to it, but it's just a frizz monster. My hair itself is dry, but my roots and scalp are both very oily. I absolutely hate it. One day I got my hair cut and my hair was so straight and silky so I asked the lady what shampoo she used. She told me paul mitchell smoothing super skinny shampoo. Of course, being the sucker that I am, I went and purchased the shampoo, the conditioner, and the serum. As soon as I got home I immediately hopped in the shower. This shampoo is absolutely horrible. I simply could not get it to lather. It's practically a liquid astringent! I couldn't work it through my hair either. After washing, I found a handful of my hair between my fingers. This stuff is drying and it RIPS your hair out. It left that squeaky, tight feeling you get when you overwash your hair. And I didn't even use that much product! After I got out of the shower, my hair was tangly, dry, and frizzier than before. I also noticed a few brand new split ends courtesy of Paul Mitchell himself. I couldn't get my wide-toothed comb through it, so I was forced to use a BRUSH even though everyone knows you're not supposed to brush your hair when it's wet. My brush was covered in snagged, tugged-out hair. I blow-dryed, and it took the same amount of time as it normally would. My hair was still frizzy. It wasn't smooth or silky, or straight for that matter. This stuff is also very expensive. My hair felt like straw and I just cannot even fathom how this stuff is endorsed by hairstylists. DO NOT buy this. It's just so horrible...

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2008 2:56:00 PM More reviews by alanafelicia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wrote a great review for this shampoo after tring it 1 time. i am now back after trying it a bunch of times and it is HORRIBLE. i totally changed my opinion on this one as it ended up making my hair dry dry dry and it had a greasy coating and film! what could be worse? i had bought a HUGE bottle of it and now i am going to toss it out. yuk.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2008 6:59:00 PM More reviews by sarahviolett

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Thanks Paul Mitchell, I now have straw as hair!
I purchased this last time I was at the salon, tried it, along with the conditioner and serum once, and will never touch it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 5:45:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaSF

My HG Shampoo/Conditioner!

I have a lot of fine, long, straight hair that is prone to frizz.

The shampoo and conditioner both smell like apples.

I always use the shampoo and conditioner together, and find that, on the days I use them, my hair dries about 5 minutes faster than usual, using a hairdryer. If I let my hair air dry, it's less frizzy than normal, straighter with some frizzy body towards the ends of my hair. If I blowdry my hair straight, it becomes very manageable, shiny, little to no frizz (depending on the weather). I can also style it to have lots of shiny body using curlers - and get curly body instead of frizzy body.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 12:58:00 PM More reviews by mtalla27

This is the worst shampoo ever. About four months ago I decided to try something new so I picked this up from CVS along with the Skinny Conditioner. Washed and dried my hair. Horrible. My hair felt like starchy like straw. Now I am blessed with good hair and it isn't processed, dyed, etc...This shampoo/cond thickened my hair to the point where I couldn't even run my fingers through it. Naturally after this awful experience I switched to Aveda, which is the best haircare ever. Stupidly I left this stuff in my shower rack and when my cousin came to visit she used it. Of course she had the same reaction to the shampoo and was extremely disappointed by the texture of her hair. Now it is in the back of my linen closet-it should be in the trash b.c I can't think of anyone who would like this. The good reviews on this product were shocking to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2007 9:04:00 AM More reviews by obie1

Love this product. Hair feels really good and it does noticeably cut down on drying time. Definite HG