Shu Uemura Eye Shadow

4.7

ingredients: for matte:, ingredients , talc , calcium carbonate , zinc stearate , boron nitride , silica , phenyl trimethicone , neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate , lauroyl lysine , polymethyl methacrylate , squalane , simmondsia chinensis / jojoba seed oil , phytosteryl macadamiate , dimethicone , dipentaerythrityl hexahydroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate , polyglyceryl-2 triisostearate , octyldodecanol , octyldodecyl myristate , caprylic/capric/myristic/stearic triglyceride , methicone , tocopherol , canola / canola oil , phenoxyethanol , methylparaben , ethylparaben , propylparaben , butylparaben , , may contain: mica , ci 77891 / titanium dioxide , ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499 / iron oxides , ci 19140 / yellow 5 lake , ci 42090 / blue 1 lake , ci 73360 / red 30 , ci 75470 / carmine , ci 77007 / ultramarines , ci 77742 / manganese violet , ci 77288 / chromium oxide greens , ci 77289 / chromium hydroxide green , ci 77510 / ferric ferrocyanide

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool

These have become my new favourite eyeshadows as they have a lovely silky texture, many colours available in lots of different styles ie. mettalic and matte. The packaging is great, the clear squares make it so easy to grab the right colour consequently saving a lot of time. These eyeshadows are very pigmented so the colour lasts all day. My new fave eyeshadows.

on 3/23/2003 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This eyeshadow goes on really well and smooth, and the colour I have(a shimmery black) works great as a liner too. My one problem with this is the packaging. It's in a clear plastic square that is sometimes difficult to open, and then when I finally get it open my fingers scratch the eyeshadow itself (happened twice).. so it can get messy and of course a waste of this wonderful shadow -__-. Be careful! Other than that, a wonderful product.

on 3/21/2003 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love the eyeshadows by this company!! The metallics, pearls, mattes--you're given many choices of color and various texture options. A little goes a long way...esp when I use these shades with Paula Dorf's eye primer.

Many wonderful shades that I can pop out from the individual containers that they are sold in and place into one of Shu Uemura's multi-shadow compacts for easy access.

on 3/19/2003 5:58:00 AM

I totally am addicted to Shu eyeshadow... and after discovering it two years ago, its the only kind I'll use. I have a canthal fold, (the double eyelid) so sometimes eyeshadows smudge, but these stay put completely. I love how fine the powder is, its extremely silky and soft. The color variety is amazing, from metallics to mattes. Its great for blending, from a sheer layer, to getting a vibrant color from lots of layers. A definate must have! =)
The price is slightly pricey though (18 at sephora) so when I visit asia, I make a point to stop at his boutiques and stock up, especially with the great exchange rates!! (only 12 dollars at mitsukoshi in taipei!)

on 3/18/2003 12:31:00 AM

Very pleased with the quality of Shu Uemura eyeshadows. Comes in the most amazing shade selection, this eyeshadow blends easily and stays put all day long- no smuding or creasing. Love the packaging too.

on 3/4/2003 4:06:00 PM

This is one of my most favorite eye shadow so far. Wonder why it's not mentioned a lot in those so-called beauty magazine. The colour range is so wide there are almost any kind of the colour. It's very long lasting I don't need a touch up which is that usually my huge problem wiht most of other brands. Definitely five stars recommend!!!

on 1/23/2003 8:57:00 AM

I love Shu eyeshadows- I think they're sorely overlooked. There's an amazing array of colours, and some really unique shades and textures. The shimmers are beautiful, and the mattes are velvety and a dream to work with. Sure the packaging is simple and basic, but this is truly a range of professional-quality colours.

on 1/22/2003 1:04:00 PM

Shu has a wonderful range of colors in his e/s line. They wear well and are nicely pigmented. There are several things I don't like however. I don't like how they have no names (they only have numbers) I also don't like that you can not remove them from the plastic container. When you have a considerable amount of makeup, it is so much more convenient to have the option of paletting. With these you don't. I also think these are expensive for what they are. They are some of the most expensive shadows out there. For the value, I choose MAC.

on 12/29/2002 10:06:00 PM

Oh, my. These things DO NOT CREASE on my oily lids. I was looking for something to replace my Giorgio Armani e/s because they are hard to get etc. These have done the job and more. Nice buildable coverage. So glad I found this product.

on 12/25/2002 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I lovvveee these shadows!! Since I discovered these about a year ago, I have not purchased any other brands of eye makeup. I use these shadows for lining as well as shading, and the color range is amazing. I especially love the metallics range. The packaging is also clever, because you can tell at a glance which shade is which, and the clear minimalism suits my tastes. I would reccomend splurging on the $30 silver compact if you are going to collect them.

Top Rated Shu Uemura Products