LUSH Jungle

3.3

Cocoa Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Avocado Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Perfume, Soya Lecithin, Figs, Bananas, Passion Fruit, Kumquats, Kiwi Fruit, Cetrimonium Bromide, Ylang Ylang Oil, Vetivert Oil, Cypress Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Chlorophyll, Limonene, Linalool

on 10/8/2011 11:44:00 PM

First off: I love this because it is a solid and requires no packaging! I bought it originally to travel, with my Volume and Shine solid shampoo..... and I have found that I am glad I did. I wouldn't use it regularly- and I can definitely understand people thinking its too heavy- I mean, its shea butter based and how often are you putting that right on your hair? It is a little difficult to lather, but I am willing to give that a shot considering it is not in a plastic bottle, and I like doing my part to minimize plastic consumption.

However, that being said I have a really sensitive scalp that gets flakey/sore-- and I found while traveling that this helped that *so* much. My hair is fine and limp anyway so pretty much any conditioner/product is too heavy for it, so it didn't bother me one bit. I have found it is really important for me to use this at least once a week focusing on my scalp with it, and it has solved a lot of my scalp issues.

I picked this up because my good friend also swears by this stuff (and says it is the "best thing to tame black hair"). While I have the total opposite hair from her, the concept appealed to me and I think if it can work for both of us, then it truly is a great product.

Last note: you had better be using hot water otherwise there is no way you will be able to get anything off the bar (it definitely needs to melt a bit in your hands as you lather!)

This really over-conditioned my hair - those of you with straight hair, you'll know the feeling when you blow-dry and your hair curls up and just won't flatten down no matter what you do.
Smells great, but the formula is pretty annoying. Tough to get off the bar, or use the bar in your hair itself.
I would pass on this, there are really better products out there.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really had high hopes for this one.

I decided to give NEW shampoo bar a shot and knew after reading reviews that I was going to need a conditioner to follow. So I picked up a bar of Jungle.

I have fine, curly, color treated hair.

This stuff was SUCH a let down. It's impossible to get a good amount of product onto your hair. It doesn't matter if you roll the bar around in your hand then transfer it to your hair or rub the bar directly onto your hair. It didn't condition my hair at all and it left it feeling really raw.

In regards to the scent, I can only describe it as "Hippie". I walked around for a week smelling like a hippie. GAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Not buying this one again... :(

on 10/5/2011 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have used this three times since purchasing. The first time I used too little, the second time too much, and the third time I used it as a pre-conditioner. I think it works best that way since itís too hard to wash out like a normal conditioner and I don't particularly care for the smell (too masculine). I purchased it because I read that avocado is a great moisturize for hair but I didn't know at the time that I could buy pure avocado oil from WF. I will use this up but after that I will buy avocado oil. I must say that my hair is super soft after using this overnight before washing my hair.

on 10/3/2011 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was quite curious on how a bar conditioner works and i guess, after finding out, i am not too happy with the result. It's not like the usual creamy conditioner you can get at drugstores like loreal or tresemme where after rinsing off you'll feel your hair is smooth.

this bar doesn't work wonders for my hair that's wavy, slightly coarse, dry, frizzy and coloured.

the smell is pleasing at first but it doesn't smell better as you use.

on 9/30/2011 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

I really like this product. It smells lovely and it comes in bar form, which is very unique. My hair is a little to course and dry to use it for its intended use, but it works nicely as an end treatment after the shower when my hair is still wet. I just pinch a bit off the bar and rub it into the very ends of my hair, and thankfully this keeps me out of the hairdresser's shop long enough so that my hair actually gets to grow before it's trimmed! Overall, I think this product is great and very handy. I will not be without it.

on 9/23/2011 6:32:00 PM

Love love love this stuff! The smell is just amazing. I don't understand why some people say to break a piece off and make a liquid. Why get a solid conditioner?! All I do is pull my hair in a low pony tail with my left hand and with jungle in my right I swirl the bar around the ends of my hair a couple times. You really don't need a lot of this stuff. When I rinse it out my hair feels like plastic! So disheartening at first:( but when my hair dries I just am blown away! My hair is incredibly soft and manageable. The smell lingers all day. So you really should make sure you like the smell first. I keep this on an inverted silicon pet brush that has these large spikes. This allows jungle to dry quickly and now product gets stuck to anything

on 9/21/2011 3:28:00 PM

Let's put to one side for a moment the inconvenience of this product's bar form. The larger question is: does it work? For me, the answer is a resounding "no". It leaves my highlighted hair feeling like straw and smelling like a head shop. And those are its good points.

on 9/12/2011 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Like some other reviewers, I am a big fan of the Lush solid shampoo range. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the Jungle Conditioner. I will say that it does smell very nice, but nice smells can't detangle and moisturise my hair!!
This conditioner was really hard to use. I tried rubbing it onto my wet hair, melting pieces onto my hand, even breaking pieces off! All of the how to videos I Googled recommended breaking pieces off of the puck and making it into a liquid..What's the point of a solid conditioner then?
This was a really disappointing product, I really wouldn't recommend it to anyone, which is a shame because I am a huge fan of Lush products.

on 7/18/2011 7:40:00 PM

Love the concept of solid shampoo and conditioner...but the reality just didn't live up to my hopes. I would just rub Jungle the bar in my wet hair after shampooing, but it didn't have any slip and it was very difficult to judge whether you'd got any in - so also very difficult to judge whether you'd rinsed it out! So there have been a few times that my hair would dry naturally afterwards and look "chunky" because there was still conditioner in! Also, very strong scent - overpowered the scent of the shampoo completely and lingered for days. Smells herbal, like rosemary. I've been using this to shave my legs instead.

Top Rated LUSH Products