April 18, 2014 | 1552 users online

Skincare - Face - Clinique - Acne Solutions Line (all products)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by predhead33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really REALLY wanted this to work well, because there are so many good things about it, but sadly my skin just does not react well to salicylic acid. I loved the cute packaging of these products and the scent of the foamy cleanser, but my breakouts did not get any better at all with this product. For the same price as Proactiv, it was just not worth it to me. I wish that there was a coordinating scrub or something for exfoliation purposes, but there isn't. I love Clinique but this product wasn't strong enough and just didn't do what I wanted it to!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2011 5:34:00 AM More reviews by jcq

I finished my first 3 steps set within 2 months, also purchased concealer for acne and spot gel, hoping that they won;t make me breakout when I have to cover my blemishes. I believe I spent roughly $135. Shipping etc made them terribly expensive.
I used to have light-moderate acne until one time I broke out and decided to pick these prods. In short, for me the prods just don't work. The worst part is the lotion, it was seriously harsh. I kept finishing them due to price paid.
The results of using them are; my face became oily than ever, both cheeks breakout so badly, and it left scar that has not disappeared until now. Adding the suck concealer, my anger towards the prods have been completed!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Leajer424

I bought the small sized kit of all three products: the wash, the toner, and the lotion.
The lotion contains Benzoyl Peroxide, which I've found over 20 yrs of having acne-prone skin, does more harm than good for me.
I tried the BP lotion at first just to try, but ended up just using the Cleansing Foam and the Clarifying Lotion (toner).
It was ok, it seemed like it was helping but breaking me out at the same time...if that makes any sense. I think the alcohol in the astringent was pretty harsh on my skin (and made me worry about aging and wrinkles...alcohol disrupts collagen production, not good for aging skin). And the wash contains Algae extract, which has a Comedogenic scale raling of 4 out of 5...pretty high. If I didn't do the steps on time every day (stay up late, not have time to do the regimin in the afternoon after work...), I would break out. I don't usually wash twice a day, but with this system I had to, or I'd break out. I felt jailed into the routine. I assume it was because it was partially helping, but partially making things worse, so I was essentially treating the acne it produced. I used this for about a month.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by elambie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had been using the other Clinique 3 step system in the type 3 and I thought it worked great!! I would occasionally have a pimple appear, but that was mostly during that "time of the month". But after I had gone through an entire bottle of the clarifying lotion and two bottles of the cleanser and decided to mix things up and trying the acne solutions line instead to see how that worked. After the first application, I could tell that it was a stronger product than the regular 3 step system and the scent of the cleanser and moisturizer was a little off-putting, but that isn't a deal breaker for me. I was using the system exclusively without any other products for about a week and I noticed that my skin was drying out where I normally am oily. To counteract that, I bought a tub of the Cetaphil moisturizing cream (yes...a cream), which I only use at night and the combination of the acne solutions system and the moisturizing cream is magical. My skin is clear, it's no longer dry and I couldn't be happier with it. A great find for me!!!

UPDATE: After buying the full size set, I realized how quickly the foaming cleanser runs out. I only use a pump in the morning and a pump at night and I'm nearly out. I bought this container less than a month ago. For how pricey the products are, I'm probably not going to be repurchasing ALL of them. The only product I'll probably buy again will be the toner, as I have probably 80% of it left, and I love it!! The products are great, but not for the budget conscious shopper!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by peasxlove

I've used this three step a little over a month now and I am happy to say that some of my acne has cleared up. Kind of...

See even though some of my easy to get rid of pimples are gone-ish, the ones that were persistent are still that, persistent.

I think the worst part about this was that it did work for my easy to get rid of pimples, but then it completely changed my skin. In a bad, bad way. Now, instead of just having the occasional cystic acne while still having my regular breakouts, now I have about three new cystic pimples a day and tons (at least 20) tiny under the skin blemishes.

I think that this has the potential to work well on some users skin, but it hasn't really fixed mine. It kind of transformed it into even more problems. The results were never consistent for me. I'd have a nice looking face in the morning and by the time I was washing my face at night, I'd have several new pimples. I am going to discontinue use of this and hope I can find something to fix my newly wrecked skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by babythequeen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this kit when I was experiencing breakouts on my chin and jawline. It did not work at all and tended to make my pimples look more red and inflamed after using it. It is very irritating and not effective. The cleanser does not adequately remove makeup or oil. The toner burns when you apply it. It aggravated my skin and actually caused me to break out more. Not recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by floz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This line truly saved my skin. Although it can be a little dry in the winter for my skin type, if I ever have a bad skin week I always turn to this line. I will re-buy over and over and over!

I had tried all the basic drugstore products for acne at random with no real luck, and had to pile on foundation to cover my skin as I was so embarrassed. In desperation I approached the Clinique counter at Selfridges and after a great consultation I bought this line and started using it daily.

On the first day, my pores felt tigher and my skin felt soft.

Within weeks I had fewer and smaller spots, and felt more confident. This is from only using it once a day, not twice as they reccommend.

Within about two months my skin was clear, and I even got comments about how good it looked. So I reccommended it to my sister, who got the same results!

However, the only downside for me is that this is a bit too drying in the winter, when I have naturally very dry and flaky skin. Also the cleansers are a little harsh which doesn't help the redness on my cheeks. However, that is much easier to cover than acne!

If you have oily or combination skin I highly reccommend this. The products last for ages (really, months and months!) and if you're new to skincare like I was then the 3-step system helps to develop good habits.

The price for all 3 products seemed high to me at first but I'm so pleased I took the plunge. It worked out much cheaper than buying lots of different acne treatments and the results were better than I could ever have expected. For me, this was a miracle-worker which gave me the confidence to start caring about my appearance and experimenting with makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by scrimp9890

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved this stuff when I used it. It worked better than anything I tried previously. I love the foam, it feels so nice on my skin. I stopped using it because of it's price. I was in high school, and didn't have a job. It became way too pricey. Right now, I don't think I will buy it again. I found stuff that works better, and this skin care line didn't clear up my face as well as I would have liked. I will say that I noticed less blackheads, which is a plus.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Worst. Products. Ever. In the week that I used the kit, I developed between 10 and 20 huge cysts all over my face. No joke. I was actually planning to stick with it, but I was getting at least 3 new humongous pimples every single day while using this. Enough is enough! It completely destroyed my skin, and now I'm left trying to undo the damage it caused! Luckily, my skin started to clear again as soon as I STOPPED using it (though I'm still suffering with some leftover pimples, and all of the red marks left behind because of all the blemishes this caused). If you've had luck with proactiv and other kits, this may work for you, but in my personal experience, none of these kits work, and this one was the worst I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by poojak91

I worked amazing the first time I used it. Noticed a difference the VERY next day. I've been using it for over a year now and suddenly my skin just exploded with acne and scars. I think my skin got used to it. It also started making my skin extremely dry and flaky. So overall it was good the first couple of months but for me I became immune. Oh well, on to the next product.