July 28, 2014 | 2006 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Impassioned (Amplified)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by jgaag

Loved this! I'm a huge fan of wine, berry, red, anything bold on my lips. This is one of my new favourites! Much more casual than a deep red, fun and bright. Funny that others mentioned that it was too bright for anything but going to a rave or big parties, which is why I got it in the first place, but it's migrated into my day to day routine for sure. Suprisingly low maintentance, it leaves a powerful stain through eating/drinking/napping/etc.. but beware! You want to get it on right the first time for this same reason

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

One of the most long lasting lipsticks I own, the staying power is incredible, easily 5 to 6 hours with eating and drinking and even after that you are left with a nice stain. It is very pigmented and bright which makes it a little hard to apply nicely, you definitely need a mirror and a lip brush is handy with this color as well. I own many bright pink lippies and unfortunately this color is not one of my favorites, I don't think it looks that flattering on my NW15 skin, perhaps it's a bit too warm toned. It would look absolutely incredible on tanned skin though. I also find the texture a bit drying which also made it harder to apply. The other amplified creams I tried seemed much more creamy so the texture of Impassioned was kind of disappointing. I like it but I don't love it on me as much as I thought I would.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by annang

Love this lipstick, the color is so pigmented and rich! It brightens up your face instantly, especially if you just have a very clean natural look for daytime. This is the perfect shade I was looking for to give a pop of color. It is a fun youthful color that I think is an easy alternative to a bold red lip. It reminds me of what the models for Kate Spade wear- always a bold poppie lip. A little goes a long way if you find that the color is too intense. Definitely not a color to be afraid of. Love it for the daytime for a polished fresh modern look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by GucciDiva

LOVE THIS PINK!! I own many fuchsias, which are cool toned. This is a warm toned, watermelon-y hot pink. I have pale, neutral toned skin, and it makes my blue eyes really pop and flatters my skin. I get lots of compliments on this color. However...it dries my lips out, as all MAC lipsticks do, but this color is worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by troubleinlipstick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ever see a pink highlighter? That's exactly what this color looks like! Beautiful pink but it did not look good on my medium fair skin with yellow undertones. I'm not scared of bold colors since my HG lipstick is ruby woo but omg this is too bright

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I don't tend to wear very bright hot pink shades, but I have fallen in love with this colour! 'Impassioned' is not as bright on my NC30 skintone like I thought it would be even though it seems that way from the colour in the tube. Brightens up any look when you pair it with a very simple neutral eye. The texture is creamy and goes on perfectly too. Also love using this as a "stain" by lightly dabbing on my lips to add a bit of colour when I don't want something too bold.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2011 4:54:00 AM More reviews by Rory90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this one is a very pretty color that catches a lot of attention. a make up artist recommended it and i bought it. of course it's not a color for every day, but if you just use a very little maybe with lipgloss, this will work.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Meatball90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

<3 this! and i am typically not a bright hot pink fan but this won me over. to me its a perfect "pick me up" for gloomy days :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Buying "Impassioned" was me living dangerously...whoohoo, life on the edge! Okay, so I have a pretty tame life. I'm in my 50's so getting something this bright - I mean, REALLY bright - and this pigmented in its brightness (it's an Amplified Cream) really was going out of my comfort zone colours (Plumful, Craving, Capricious) but I figured "what the heck; it's only lipstick and I can always wipe it off!". I bought this on a whim and really did want to try something bright and different while it was still summertime, as I feel this is very much a summertime colour. I do feel a bit self-conscious wearing this as it a really bright, slightly peach-tinged pink. And I tend to apply it with a pretty light hand. But I do find that it really lights up and brightens up my face and I like that. So far, my husband and kids haven't recoiled in horror or even commented, so I guess it's not all that shocking, and it really does put a smile on my face when I catch sight of myself in a mirror. The only reason I chose "no" for repurchase is that it's really not a colour I feel all that comfortable in. I'll use it and enjoy it and possibly even finish it up one day but for me, I think once was enough.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by alexa94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favourites, along with Morange and Girl About Town. Gorgeous rich pink, I guess you could say the ultimate 'hot pink'. It's definitely not as purpley as Girl About Town but it's still as bright. I don't think the photos do it justice either, a lot nicer in real life. Lasts ages! I've worn it for 4+ hours and my lips have still been rich in colour so you won't need to apply it often. A definite must have in your MAC lipstick collection! :-)