MAC Impassioned (Amplified)

4.6

on 4/19/2012 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This color is GORGEOUS! It's the kind of bright, happy color that would go great with any skin tone, warm and cool. Being an amplified finish, the pigmentation and creaminess are AMAZING. I think all makeup lovers should give this kind of bright, daring lipstick a try, and they'll find they love it!

on 4/15/2012 5:54:00 PM

I paired this with Cherry lipliner and the two combined gives it a perfect "spring red", basically a red with pink undertones...a look made famous by Reese Witherspoon. I love the texture as it's super creamy. For those who owned it, I'd encourage you to experiment it with other colors like paint colors. You never know what you'll end up with.

So glad I picked up this lippy! It is a super bright, rich and vibrant watermelon red/pink. Very moisturising without being glossy which is awesome. Highly pigmented and long wearing. I can put this on in the morning and it is still super bright by the afternoon. Grabs peoples attention and I've had a lot of "oh you look nice today!" when wearing this shade. It looks great with a sleek winged eyeliner look or naked eyes packed with loads of mascara. I don't recommend doing a bold eye look with this - any decent makeup artist will tell you it is far more flattering to draw attention to either the eyes or lips but not both.

I am an NC20, I imagine this shade woild look amazing on a broad range of skin tones.. it might be too much for anyone lighter than nc20 or with a lot of pink in their skin.. as someone stated below, it looks best with a full face of foundation to cancel out any pigmentation or blemishes. If you are blessed with gorgeous skin then obviously skip the cover up!

If you like bold fashion lip shades, try Impassioned!!!

on 4/8/2012 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this colour, so pretty and it lasted ALL night even when having drinks. I hate the fact it's SO tough to get MAC products where I live so have to pay ridiculous prices to get them shipped to me :/

on 4/1/2012 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Whilst i love the colour pay off, I don't think it lasts that long. I find that after an hour or so, it starts to separate on the lips (after priming my lips & using concealer AND a lip pencil!) and leaves me with a few lines...and yet it's hell to remove!
I only bought it two days ago, so have to experiment a little with it.
Colour is great, but staying power is not to my expectation...I feel a little let down to be honest.

*update- ended up selling it to a co worker after a few weeks. It suited her white skin far better and i don't think she complained of the colour settling in the cracks of her lips. I wish it suited me/ I wish it had been the one*

on 3/21/2012 12:12:00 AM

Yes!! Since Viva Glam Cyndi didn't work for me (it was too warm on my NC35 skin which leans on the cooler side) I was looking for something bright. This color is definitely bright but looks amazing. And I always get compliments when I wear this.. Love it.

on 3/20/2012 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've been a MAC customer for many years and some of my best friends have been/are MAC artists' but none had ever told me about this beautiful lipstick!! I had swatches it, tried it on but it looked too bright for my NC42 skin, I finally caved and am so happy! This color is truly beautiful and perfect for spring! it stains my lips after wiping it off and even then it's still gorgeous!

on 3/19/2012 7:47:00 AM

on my nc15 skin this is perfect! it is super bright, however not gaudy at all. it is pretty, long lasting and most of all flattering. it's very 'sex bomb', can't wait to wear it out!

on 3/2/2012 4:34:00 PM

Loved this! I'm a huge fan of wine, berry, red, anything bold on my lips. This is one of my new favourites! Much more casual than a deep red, fun and bright. Funny that others mentioned that it was too bright for anything but going to a rave or big parties, which is why I got it in the first place, but it's migrated into my day to day routine for sure. Suprisingly low maintentance, it leaves a powerful stain through eating/drinking/napping/etc.. but beware! You want to get it on right the first time for this same reason

on 2/27/2012 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

One of the most long lasting lipsticks I own, the staying power is incredible, easily 5 to 6 hours with eating and drinking and even after that you are left with a nice stain. It is very pigmented and bright which makes it a little hard to apply nicely, you definitely need a mirror and a lip brush is handy with this color as well. I own many bright pink lippies and unfortunately this color is not one of my favorites, I don't think it looks that flattering on my NW15 skin, perhaps it's a bit too warm toned. It would look absolutely incredible on tanned skin though. I also find the texture a bit drying which also made it harder to apply. The other amplified creams I tried seemed much more creamy so the texture of Impassioned was kind of disappointing. I like it but I don't love it on me as much as I thought I would.

Popular Lipsticks