April 18, 2014 | 1760 users online

Moisturizers - Perricone - Face Finishing Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2008 4:15:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

A very good basic moisturizer from Dr Perricone.
It does a good job in moisturizing your skin, does not have any major claims.
I like it.. I use it at night only (for the day and my combo skin it would be a bit too heavy) but it is deifntely a good treat for my skin: in the morning I wake up with a refreshed skin, plumped and a bit glowing.
What I don't like (and this is the only detail I regret in Perricone products) is the smell.
None of their products smell OK to me! even this one has a strange artificial scent - cannot detect any rosey note (in that case I would love the smell!!).
It is expensive for being a "basic" moisturizer, but it's a product you can't go wrong with!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2008 12:01:00 AM More reviews by JGarfield

I got this sample from Sephora and was excited to try it. The moment I started rubbing it in, this terrible smell hit my nose, and I almost threw up. I am not joking...like rotten fish or a bad feminine odor. I had to immediately wash it off, and even now the faint smell of rotten fish is hitting me. I think I might have to hop in the shower to get it off! Too bad I couldn't handle the scent, I would have liked to see what the hype is about. I can't believe someone formulated something for the face that smells so bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by MsBlake

You know you've been spending a lot on products when $55 for your moisturizer seems "reasonable". God help me. This is a product that has done wonders for my skin. It leaves it smooth, helps keep my breakouts under control and just gives my skin a nice glow. I have decided that you either love Perricone products or hate them and frankly, I love them. I don't think the price of this one is too bad at all and it works wonders for me. I know reviews are mixed so I really recommend trying them for yourselves. You either love it or hate it. I've yet to see any real inbetween.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2008 2:40:00 PM More reviews by erinrdh04

WOW, what a great moisturizer!! I got a sample of it today at Sephora, and couldn't believe how great my face felt. It doesn't leave a greasy feeling (I am prone to oily skin), and it left my skin feeling so soft! Previous reviewers have said they don't like the 'rosey' smell in their face products, but I LOVE it. It does have a similar scent to Crabtree and Evelyn's Rosewater, and after wearing the moisturizer for hours, I can still smell the fragrance. I had been using Hope from Philosophy, which also worked well, but I much prefer this, and will definitely purchase it next time I'm in Sephora!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2008 12:47:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the scent of rose just not in my facial products. This has a rosewater scent at a level of intensity that you would find in a fragranced body lotion ( think Crabtree & Evelyn rosewater). As a basic moistuirzer, Perricone's face finishing moisturizer delivers. It absorbs easily into the skin and does not leave a greasy film. I need my skin care products to do double duty though. I want a moisturizer with spf and/ or antioxidants listed at an active level. Contains glycerin, kukui nut oil and a pinch of DMAE, C and lipoic acid. Comes in a 2 oz container for $55.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2008 12:09:00 AM More reviews by missmakeuplady

Worth the price- 55 dollars for 2 oz. Great for my wacky combination skin. Leaves a fresh and dewy finish!!!! Never greasy and almost light.Perfect for winter and I'm hoping good for the summer- although I doubt it. It may be too "dewy" for the summer- still love it. best moisturizer!!!! Recommend for just about every skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 12:37:00 PM More reviews by DreamsInColor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've tried many moisturizers and so far, this seems to work best for me. I've never broken out from it and it really does a great job moisturizing my face so my makeup is going on better. I still love Philosophy HIJ, but I tend to use the Perricone products every single day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 5:08:00 PM More reviews by camillacamilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to imagine there are better products than this at the drugstore for a fraction of the price. Slightly greasy feeling cream with a cloying fragrance- reminds me of roses, which I hate. Mediocre moisturization, certainly nothing worth paying a large price tag for. Doubtful I will finish my jar, will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 6:36:00 PM More reviews by chickety

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin has not been terrible. Ever since I started taking fish oil pills and using my Clarisonic, my skin was getting so clear and luminous I was amazed.

Enter my sample of Pericone Face Finishing Moisturizer. I took it out of my bag o' samples and thought COOL such a huge sample this will last me for months! After 3-4 days I got a huge painful undergrounder on my nose- OUCH. Then the small bumps on my forehead I'd worked so hard at getting rid of started to get worse. Then I started to break out in the WEIRDEST places, UNDERneath my chin (where I do rub the cream), and along my hairline, and PAINFUL red ones too. But I'm never quick to judge so I thought it was just... my skin. Finally when I put on the Perricone moistuizer 2 days ago and then immediately feel like a NEW underground is brewing, and my face was looking more red, I had the light bulb moment.
So I stopped using it 2 days ago, and ALREADY my skin is clearing up again.

Oh and when I was using it, its not like it was very moisturizing or anything. What a disspointment.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 6:35:00 PM More reviews by chickety

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I stopped using it 2 days ago, and ALREADY my skin is clearing up again.