Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers

3.0

on 8/6/2008 1:03:00 PM

This was introduced years ago when I was working at my favorite department store, one of those lovely old-fashioned places that are falling by the wayside, so when I wear it I'm reminded of pleasant days gone by. It's a fresh, light scent, a bit floral but not fruity or marine as most light fragrances are these days. I'm not sure if the regular EA counters still carry it - I found it recently at the drugstore. My only complaint is the lasting power which, like most lighter scents, isn't the best.

That being said, I'm not exactly a kid but I'm not a senior citizen, and I'm starting to resent that certain scents that I've used for years smell like "old lady" or worse yet, "nursing home." It's also insensitive (to say the least) to speak that way about older women. There are ways of saying that you dislike something other than resorting to nastiness.

on 8/6/2008 9:38:00 AM

If you care at all for your fellow man/women, you won't wear this. As soon as I smell this, I get an instant headache. Sunflowers don't have a smell-and this alleged perfume smells like bug spray.

on 8/4/2008 8:02:00 AM

This is in your face! Yuck, it's really strong and I don't like it at all. This can give anyone a headache. You have to be a certain person to pull this off. NOT recommending anyone to wear this power house...

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Not good for me! Way too harsh and high pitched. I've smelled worse, so 2 lippies, but this is near the bottom. :(

on 7/15/2008 1:13:00 PM

Smells like melon + "cotton-wool" in stalks of sunflowers + hospital. Sour, weird, "aseptic", depressive, it can bring you a headache.

a very pretty, fresh, clean scent, if slightly generic... unfortunately this gave me a red rash on my wrists, and also felt ever so slightly sticky when it was sprayed on my skin.. so i couldn't keep my bottle. also, speaking of the bottle, this one is, IMO too ugly for my dresser!

on 2/21/2008 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this is a very soft floral fragrance. i really like it.

on 2/14/2008 6:25:00 AM

This is a lovely faithful, innocent scent which I don't wear every day but soary every so often to remind myself of when I was younger and at school and when life was not stressful! I think the smell is probably quite dated now and I like it better as a linen or room scent. My husband loves this (although I think it reminds him of all the girls he knew at uni!!)

on 1/22/2008 11:44:00 AM

Cheerful, innocent, and pretty in a very wholesome way. Reminds me of walking through a field of flowers on a sunny summer morning. Not at all seductive, unless you're trying to get a small-town pastor's son to marry you. Not a fragrance I would wear every day (hence the "wouldn't buy again"), but I like to keep a tiny bottle from Target in my collection as a mood enhancer from time to time. It's like a liquid weekend vacation to a Bed & Breakfast in the country. Would have been perfect for Laura Ingalls Wilder.
EDIT: I always write my reviews before reading the other comments. I just read some other reviews and I'm amazed how this fragrance evokes faithfully similar images for other women! I would say the essence of this perfume is the concept of "honesty" in addition to the more obvious "hope", "optimism", and "cheer".

on 1/20/2008 12:09:00 AM

Sunflowers is an optimistic, cheerful scent. It practically beams on your skin. Is it a great composition? Nope. It is simple, simple, simple. But you can't get any closer to hope in a bottle than this. I staretd wearing this perfume after a terrible, terrible breakup and I was horribly depressed. Sunflowers made every day a little easier to bear. I carried a small bottle around with me, just to lift my spirits when I needed it. I laugh when I see it in CVS and in TJ Maxx, forlorn, forgotten, shamefully discounted. Hope in a bottle should be priceless... or maybe not, ....................but this juice deserves a place in every woman's closet. If your darkest day has come, this is what you need to wear.

Popular Fragrances