September 17, 2014 | 1326 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Sunflowers

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2008 1:13:00 PM More reviews by juad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Smells like melon + "cotton-wool" in stalks of sunflowers + hospital. Sour, weird, "aseptic", depressive, it can bring you a headache.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2008 7:01:00 AM More reviews by CandyApple85

a very pretty, fresh, clean scent, if slightly generic... unfortunately this gave me a red rash on my wrists, and also felt ever so slightly sticky when it was sprayed on my skin.. so i couldn't keep my bottle. also, speaking of the bottle, this one is, IMO too ugly for my dresser!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by manarnoor

this is a very soft floral fragrance. i really like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2008 6:25:00 AM More reviews by lemfloyd

This is a lovely faithful, innocent scent which I don't wear every day but soary every so often to remind myself of when I was younger and at school and when life was not stressful! I think the smell is probably quite dated now and I like it better as a linen or room scent. My husband loves this (although I think it reminds him of all the girls he knew at uni!!)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2008 11:44:00 AM More reviews by UrbanSkies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Cheerful, innocent, and pretty in a very wholesome way. Reminds me of walking through a field of flowers on a sunny summer morning. Not at all seductive, unless you're trying to get a small-town pastor's son to marry you. Not a fragrance I would wear every day (hence the "wouldn't buy again"), but I like to keep a tiny bottle from Target in my collection as a mood enhancer from time to time. It's like a liquid weekend vacation to a Bed & Breakfast in the country. Would have been perfect for Laura Ingalls Wilder.
EDIT: I always write my reviews before reading the other comments. I just read some other reviews and I'm amazed how this fragrance evokes faithfully similar images for other women! I would say the essence of this perfume is the concept of "honesty" in addition to the more obvious "hope", "optimism", and "cheer".

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2008 12:09:00 AM More reviews by bartamy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sunflowers is an optimistic, cheerful scent. It practically beams on your skin. Is it a great composition? Nope. It is simple, simple, simple. But you can't get any closer to hope in a bottle than this. I staretd wearing this perfume after a terrible, terrible breakup and I was horribly depressed. Sunflowers made every day a little easier to bear. I carried a small bottle around with me, just to lift my spirits when I needed it. I laugh when I see it in CVS and in TJ Maxx, forlorn, forgotten, shamefully discounted. Hope in a bottle should be priceless... or maybe not, ....................but this juice deserves a place in every woman's closet. If your darkest day has come, this is what you need to wear.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2007 2:37:00 PM More reviews by maia0x0x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

cloying, and cheap smelling

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2007 9:10:00 AM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't worn Sunflowers for years, it was my signature perfume when it first came out in the 90's. But I am surprised it gets any negatives, because I have never worn a perfume before of since that I have gotten so many requests, especially from men, to know what it was so they could buy it for the girlfriends or wives! I agree it is a fresh clean summer scent, meant for warm days and light clothes, not a winter scent, and probably not a scent that every woman could pull off. But it sure worked for me.

I got sick of it after a while, it got too popular and EVERYONE was wearing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2007 5:40:00 AM More reviews by a1exandraz

I bought this from a duty free shop for three reasons: Elisabeth Arden had been discontinued in the Sephora shops where I buy from and I cannot get them from someplace else, it was on discount (only 15 EUR) and I wanted to see how sunflowers smell on my skin. Surprisingly I found a rich flowery fragrance (to some I can be too overpowering, but I happen to like only strong perfumes), which on my skin smells like sun shining on a field of wild flowers. My boyfriend goes crazy when I wear this, it is one of his favourite scents on my skin. It is sweet at the beginnig but gets lighter in time without losing its intensity. It is one of those fragrances best worn on a summer night, in a simple white dress.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2007 10:18:00 AM More reviews by magnificent

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't like this watery/marine-fragrance when it was introduced. Similar to Escape, which I hate! But I love the happy Sunflower-ad!!! Meanwhile I like and wear Sunflowers when I'm in the right mood. Smells uncomplicated. Fresh. Aromatic. Clean and sunshine YELLOW :-). Staying power is GREAT.
Sunflower gets compliments when I wear this "young and happy" scent. But this is not the important thing. A fragrance is the air I breath, so I must like it :-).