April 23, 2014 | 1762 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Red Door

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2011 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Tanagra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this perfume because I love the people who gave me the bottle for Christmas, but crikey. It's not good... and it's strong.

It smells of dust and grape Dimetapp. There's also a mysterious "flower" quality to it.

I will say that it's kind of pleasant on the person who gave it to me. Maybe my body chemistry brings out the worst in Red Door, but reading these reviews, I see I'm not alone in that...

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by luchidolls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have never bought this with my money tho,only gotten it as gifts twice.it has this granny fragrance.it stays on fr a long tym tho.will never buy it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by remychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one strong fragrance! It has the potential to be a nice floral fragrance but it goes on so strong and never seems to dry down to a more subtle scent that I really can't recommend this. I received a small bottle as a gift and with just one spray I am wearing it all day. If you like "in your face" floral frangrances you may want to give this a try but I know it is not a fragrance for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually have respect for fragrances that trigger strong positive or negative reactions-- and often the respect blossoms into love-- but not this time. In the bottle, Red Door reminds me of rotting narcissus bulbs mixed with licorice and industrial solvent, but some things do smell better once applied, so could this be one? Nope. On my skin, it is cacophonous, loud, and synthetic-smelling, with a depressingly heavy-handed application of deep florals that is funereal rather than seductive. Just a.w.f.u.l. I think I might even choose a sharp stick in the eye over having to wear this stuff all day.

However, I am willing to allow that this is magic on the right chemistry. I once hugged an elegant woman in church, and she rocked Red Door like no one's business. It somehow matched her rhinestone-buttoned suit and befeathered hat. But this is a Verrrrry Strong Fragrance so try before you buy.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am shocked by the old woman comments!

I have worn this fragrance a lot! Ever since I was 17 years old. I am now in my mid 30's and I still think that this stuff ROCKS! My hubby still loves it too! As well as all the other men in my life!Brother In-laws, guy friends, guy acquaintances and even sexy men that are strangers..(some are not the best looking though! lol!)

Hey, I am still hot and no one ever guesses that I am above 27! People, let me tell ya..... The 30's are the new 20's! No joking! We now take way better care of our skin... than the generations before. We dress, look and act hotter than ever! No spandex waisted polyester pants or shirts are ever going on me, thank you! I will never wear the "old ladies" style or scents... of anything!! I'll keep the sexy everything...thank you! Hey,My hubby and many others appreciate that! Lol! ;)

Ok, done with that! :)
So, ladies....If you are not into mysterious stronger sexy type scents and you mainly love the foody/gourmand type sweet scents.......Then Yeah, stay away from this one! This is not for you! You are not ready for this type of scent! lol!

Now I love all types of scents. Sweet, sugary, caramel, Vanilla, Amber, berry type scents.... Like, BS Fantasy,Vivia La Juicy,Pink Sugar, M, Vera Wang Princess,VS Amber Romance, Dior Hypnotic Poison, etc etc.

This scent does not meet the above descriptions though! I'd say this is a SEXY, bit woodsy?, Spicey and yet very SENSUALLY MYSTERIOUS!

I do not smell the rose scents that a few have mentioned.I dislike florals and especially strong rose! So, I don't get that. I smell no florals or ant type of foody like smells in this.

Sorry, I cannot tell you what the notes are individually.......

But, I do know it is awesome for a night out! While your dancing and sweating...this aroma just gets hotter and sexier. Men, will smell you on them all night and they will remember you well! In a good way...Ladies!

Though, only use a small amount!
As this is "very concentrated!!!"

Put, a small amount... behind your ears and cleavage.
Then between your knees and thighs. That is all you need all night til the morning!

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2010 2:54:00 AM More reviews by and111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells like a pungent mouldy cupboard.
Can't for the life of me understand why some love it, hopefully it will be one of those moments where I rebuy it in 30 years time and giggle over my youthful ignorance?

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2010 9:35:00 AM More reviews by happywoman28

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm an old lady now but I wore this in my thirties, and men went nuts over it. My bf even sprayed himself with it when he could (he was 35 at the time). I understand the "old lady" smell idea but this is very perfumey to the max. It smells a bit generic and I can't pick out the notes, but let me tell you, men love it.

It is strong and one light spray will last you all evening.
To me it smells like a really fine perfumey smelling perfume.
And if I were twenty I would still think this. Maybe people now are
just used to the fruity flowery smells they can identify.

I suggest wearing this on a date and watching the guy give you
a compliment on it. Try it, you'll see.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by rosedust1

My mother-in-law gave me this perfume years ago.....it smells sooo "old lady." I didn't get much use out of it and gave it to my mother who was about 50 at the time &I don't think she got to much use out of it either.. This perfume is great if you are 65+ years old. It has that powdery rose/powder smell...It's trying to be Chanel 5.....but misses the mark!!!...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 11:45:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticjunkie14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've had this perfume for a long, long time and I didn't use it at all. The last month I decided to give it a chance again. I was thrilled! The smell is so classic, sensual, woodsy and mysterious. Though I would never use this on a daily basis, it's a perfect perfume for the evening go-outs and parties. It makes me feel sexy!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Maggie1234

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

On me it smells woodsy, musky, masculine. A little goes a very long way. I am glad that there is an alternative use for it as bug spray.