October 21, 2014 | 2044 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Red Door

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Daisy100

I first smelled this on someone else and it smelled wonderful wonderful wonderful. I bought some. chemical nightmare. still smelled bad after it dried down. but the scent left on my clothes was beautiful a little lovely pretty little singing flower. just what i had smelled off that woman. so i use it on my clothes and it is beautiful.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2011 6:44:00 AM More reviews by sorandomgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't ever really buy perfume but this was given to me at christmas by my aunt. Although I do use it everyday, the fragrance isn't that great, and after about 20 or 20 minutes I can't even smell it on me anymore. I don't think I would buy this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by didi123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is really nice. I had a bottle and loved it. But my grandma also uses it, and she is 92. When I traveled recently, she asked me to get her a bottle at the duty-free. So I kinda associate this perfume to grandmas now, and I don't mean that in a demeaning way. We love our grandmas!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OK for me, this is a no. It stays and stays and stays and I cannot get it out of my nose (or skin). But on my mom who is 75, it is gorgeous. I don't know why. I remember she wore it when visiting and she got in the car and smelled amazing. She is a smoker to boot! I asked her what it was, and she said it was the Red Door perfume I gave her. So I bought another bottle at Winner's for $20, a good size, and will give it to her when I see her again. But on me, yikes, not sour, just too too.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Nola504

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My dad gave me this perfume years ago and interestingly enough, I get a lot of compliments on it and it's always from men. Must be something in it that appeals to them...IDK. This doesn't happen when I wear anything else.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2011 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Tanagra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this perfume because I love the people who gave me the bottle for Christmas, but crikey. It's not good... and it's strong.

It smells of dust and grape Dimetapp. There's also a mysterious "flower" quality to it.

I will say that it's kind of pleasant on the person who gave it to me. Maybe my body chemistry brings out the worst in Red Door, but reading these reviews, I see I'm not alone in that...

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by luchidolls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have never bought this with my money tho,only gotten it as gifts twice.it has this granny fragrance.it stays on fr a long tym tho.will never buy it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by remychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one strong fragrance! It has the potential to be a nice floral fragrance but it goes on so strong and never seems to dry down to a more subtle scent that I really can't recommend this. I received a small bottle as a gift and with just one spray I am wearing it all day. If you like "in your face" floral frangrances you may want to give this a try but I know it is not a fragrance for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually have respect for fragrances that trigger strong positive or negative reactions-- and often the respect blossoms into love-- but not this time. In the bottle, Red Door reminds me of rotting narcissus bulbs mixed with licorice and industrial solvent, but some things do smell better once applied, so could this be one? Nope. On my skin, it is cacophonous, loud, and synthetic-smelling, with a depressingly heavy-handed application of deep florals that is funereal rather than seductive. Just a.w.f.u.l. I think I might even choose a sharp stick in the eye over having to wear this stuff all day.

However, I am willing to allow that this is magic on the right chemistry. I once hugged an elegant woman in church, and she rocked Red Door like no one's business. It somehow matched her rhinestone-buttoned suit and befeathered hat. But this is a Verrrrry Strong Fragrance so try before you buy.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am shocked by the old woman comments!

I have worn this fragrance a lot! Ever since I was 17 years old. I am now in my mid 30's and I still think that this stuff ROCKS! My hubby still loves it too! As well as all the other men in my life!Brother In-laws, guy friends, guy acquaintances and even sexy men that are strangers..(some are not the best looking though! lol!)

Hey, I am still hot and no one ever guesses that I am above 27! People, let me tell ya..... The 30's are the new 20's! No joking! We now take way better care of our skin... than the generations before. We dress, look and act hotter than ever! No spandex waisted polyester pants or shirts are ever going on me, thank you! I will never wear the "old ladies" style or scents... of anything!! I'll keep the sexy everything...thank you! Hey,My hubby and many others appreciate that! Lol! ;)

Ok, done with that! :)
So, ladies....If you are not into mysterious stronger sexy type scents and you mainly love the foody/gourmand type sweet scents.......Then Yeah, stay away from this one! This is not for you! You are not ready for this type of scent! lol!

Now I love all types of scents. Sweet, sugary, caramel, Vanilla, Amber, berry type scents.... Like, BS Fantasy,Vivia La Juicy,Pink Sugar, M, Vera Wang Princess,VS Amber Romance, Dior Hypnotic Poison, etc etc.

This scent does not meet the above descriptions though! I'd say this is a SEXY, bit woodsy?, Spicey and yet very SENSUALLY MYSTERIOUS!

I do not smell the rose scents that a few have mentioned.I dislike florals and especially strong rose! So, I don't get that. I smell no florals or ant type of foody like smells in this.

Sorry, I cannot tell you what the notes are individually.......

But, I do know it is awesome for a night out! While your dancing and sweating...this aroma just gets hotter and sexier. Men, will smell you on them all night and they will remember you well! In a good way...Ladies!

Though, only use a small amount!
As this is "very concentrated!!!"

Put, a small amount... behind your ears and cleavage.
Then between your knees and thighs. That is all you need all night til the morning!

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No