Elizabeth Arden Red Door

2.8

on 7/22/2011 2:12:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I think I won the lottery!! I managed to pass my bottle of Red Door onto a friend who actually loves the stuff (and lives far enough away that I won't have to smell it on her). She thinks she's won the lottery but I know differently. This fragrance is just too, too, too everything. Too 80s, too stinky, too in your face, too headache-inducing. I'm so glad to be rid of it. I'm free!!!

on 7/21/2011 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This poor fragrance gets such a hard time, but each time you have been in an elevator or passed someone on the street and thought "what a great smell" chances are you were smelling red door. This fragrance has such a bad reputation as being old or outdated but worn in modest amounts and letting it settle for a few minutes before leaving the house it is a gorgeous scent. No, it's not everyones taste or suited to everyones chemistry, but on the right person it is amazing. I am only 26 so I am by no means an old lady but I appreciate the classics. You can always pick this up relatively cheap at Christmas/mothersday sales. A very classic honey based scent.

on 7/3/2011 12:25:00 AM

Damn it! I bought this perfume thinking it was the other one (E.A. Red door REVEALED) and i was so happy but then i sprayed on my body and i was like What the heck?!!
I hate the scent so bad, i smelled like an old lady all the freaking day!
Its odor is way too strong for any woman, seriously.

on 6/22/2011 12:19:00 AM

I never tried this on myself, only smelt on other people, and I found it always revolting. Honestly, if you spray this in a bathroom and I have to use that bathroom, I would probably choose to head for the nearest bush instead. It is thick, old and sticky like a leech! And ages the wearer instantly! Or at least I think so!

on 5/22/2011 10:09:00 AM

This perfume is strong and floraly. My mother in law wears it and it gives me a headache everytime. Its terrible. I recently gave her a bottle of my favorite perfume in hopes she would switch to something less potent

on 5/4/2011 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Best perfume ever. Brings on compliments and has a scent that lasts all day.

on 5/3/2011 3:13:00 PM

I first smelled this on someone else and it smelled wonderful wonderful wonderful. I bought some. chemical nightmare. still smelled bad after it dried down. but the scent left on my clothes was beautiful a little lovely pretty little singing flower. just what i had smelled off that woman. so i use it on my clothes and it is beautiful.

on 4/19/2011 6:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't ever really buy perfume but this was given to me at christmas by my aunt. Although I do use it everyday, the fragrance isn't that great, and after about 20 or 20 minutes I can't even smell it on me anymore. I don't think I would buy this.

on 4/3/2011 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This stuff is really nice. I had a bottle and loved it. But my grandma also uses it, and she is 92. When I traveled recently, she asked me to get her a bottle at the duty-free. So I kinda associate this perfume to grandmas now, and I don't mean that in a demeaning way. We love our grandmas!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

OK for me, this is a no. It stays and stays and stays and I cannot get it out of my nose (or skin). But on my mom who is 75, it is gorgeous. I don't know why. I remember she wore it when visiting and she got in the car and smelled amazing. She is a smoker to boot! I asked her what it was, and she said it was the Red Door perfume I gave her. So I bought another bottle at Winner's for $20, a good size, and will give it to her when I see her again. But on me, yikes, not sour, just too too.

Popular Fragrances