October 21, 2014 | 1799 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by meganterese

BIG makes my hair feel fantastic. It does give my roots a little extra lift, but not a huge amount because I have pretty long hair. I don't use it everyday because of the price. My regular shampoo is LUSH's Daddy-O, but I use this every few days because it gives my hair that extra-clean feeling. I don't particular like the packaging because I'm always afraid of getting water in it, but I understand why it's in a pot--the chunks of salt are most likely too big to come out a squirt type bottle. I do love BIG!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by TheMoonBunny

My hair: fairly normal, wavy, brunette, damaged ends, sometimes problems w/ product buildup

PROS
--- will add volume to wavy hair
--- sea salt helps scrub out product build up
--- seems to be deep cleansing
--- smells fabulous
--- one tub should last 3-4 months assuming you use it 1-2 times weekly

CONS
--- if used too often, will make hair static-y
--- if used too often, will dry out hair

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by priscillasdf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was intrigued with this product because of the sea salt. I love sea salt for some reason. My body just responds really well to products that contain sea salt and this is no exception. I purchased this product to use once a week so a tub of it lasts me a long time. I would imagine it becoming more costly if you use it more often. You definitely should not use it more than 3 times a week since it is very clarifying. I wash my hair every other day and at the end of the week, I use Big to strip everything and start over for the new week. It works wonders for taking out all the product I may have used and I love it.

It is difficult to get used to using. The sea salt is difficult to work into your hair and scalp. The first time I tried it, most of the salt ended up on the floor. I have learned to work the product in a little bit at a time to the top of my head and to get the back, I flip my hair over and work it in a little bit at a time. Once all the sea salt is in my hair and worked into my scalp, I bring the rest of my hair up and lather up my whole head.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 6:22:00 AM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has got to be LUSH's star product. It's definitely the best clarifying shampoo I have ever tried and it does miraculous things to my hair. I have dry hair but I also moved to an area with very hard water, which means that over a period of using regular shampoos, my hair gets very gunked up and dries out even more thanks to product buildup. I've tried so many things to get my hair to behave again - baking soda mixed with shampoo (which is OK, but not amazing), various "clarifying" shampoos, even body wash! I didn't really believe BIG would solve my problems, but it smelled lovely so I thought I'd give it a go. Well, I'm hooked. Yes, it's expensive, but given that you only really need a small bit at each shampoo, I think my tub will last for quite awhile. The texture is funny, but it smells gorgeously of coconut oil. I take a small amount and add plenty of water to lather it in my hand, then make sure my hair is very wet and begin swirling. This lathers so well! In hard water it's nearly impossible to find a shampoo that will actually lather and get all the way down to the scalp - I'm so often left with greasy patches despite multiple shampoos. This gets it all out in one go and feels fabulous while doing so. It rinses very clean - a bit "squeaky" but that's what I need in a clarifier. After it's dry my hair is light, voluminous and gunk-free. It styles better and behaves better for an entire week. I do use a serious moisturizing conditioner with this and I do put jojoba oil in my hair the night before using, but it works amazingly as a once a week treatment. I wouldn't use it more than that unless you've got very oily hair. I am a convert to this shampoo because it's really solved my hard-water hair problems. You'd think using a clarifying shampoo on dry hair wouldn't work, but it's just what I need! I highly recommend this product especially if you are struggling with hard water hair issues.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Iīve been using Big for a long time and had to rewrite my review because I realized, how great this shampoo works for my hair.
And I mean MY hair because clearly, this is not the right shampoo for every type of hair.
My hair is oily at the roots and I have to wash my hair every other day, but he ends are sometimes lacking moisture. I have a mass of shoulderlenght fine hair, that is not coloured and I use no styling tools.
Big is a volumizing sea-salt shampoo in a true sense, because it contains whole grains of sea salt. You basically deal with a rice-pudding-like base formula with big sea salt particles in it. Algae and lime juice are other ingredients that should help to get big shiny hair.
The smell is rather nice, at least in my opinion, a kind of beachy fresh scent with a hint of ocean breeze.
The result of Big is really shiny hair, full of volume and a great texture. Big makes my hair look like a glamorous version of my fine and limp hair.
And the most important thing for me: I only wash my hair with Big and blow-dry my hair. Thatīs all it takes for a great result.
I get a much better results with Big than with other shampoos like Aveda or Tigi and you can see the difference. Big is outstanding, because this one actually delivers what the others just promise.
The shampoo does a pretty awesome job. It leaves my hair voluminous, shining and smelling lovely.
I got so used to having great looking hair, that I was shocked, when I recently ran out of it and within days faced my limp hair again, Thatīs when I decided never to be without this great shampoo.
Even with my oily hair, I use this shampoo only once or twice a week. Why? Because itīs strong and maybe thatīs why so many people have problems with this shampoo.
Either it is the wrong kind of shampoo for your hair type or you use it too often and then it dries out the hair. But use it only sometimes and it does the job. It is a very good cleaning shampoo too.
The best argument for Lush-shampoos in general are the ingredients. No silicones, no coco-betaines, no parabenes, no sulfates. Just good ingredients without animal testing. Some people might dislike the sodium laureth sulfate in it.
From other reviews I get the impression, that itīs either a hit or a miss, depending on your hair. Iīd recommend it to people with oily and fine hair, but in the end, you have to try it out.
But I can definitely say, I love this shampoo.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Milee07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This shampoo is very very clarifying. Good for oily scalps or limp hair.
My hair is already very very dry, coarse, and insanely frizzy. This shampoo seems to give me a little volume, not that I have limp hair, and leaves your hair squeaky clean for days!
I normally use this only once a month as my hair isn't very greasy, however use it to your liking. When I sprained my ankle a couple weeks ago and couldn't shower everyday, this shampoo kept my hair very clean.
However I could never use this everyday or every week as it is very stripping in my hair.
The scent of this shampoo is just SO good! When I smelled it in the store I thought it was the most disgusting scent ever. But in the shower, it magically changes to this amazing clean perfume-like scent.
The salt chunks may be harsh for sensitive scalps, but if you run some water under it, the salt will disolve.
I personally will not repurchase, but if you are interested definitely ask for a sample as this is pretty expensive.
Hope this was helpful xx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 7:31:00 AM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, this is the ONLY volumising shampoo which I tried that really delivers what it says. It is remarkable. I asked for a sample even though my hair already is naturally voluminous. I was only curious, because I had never seen anything like this. A salt shampoo wtf? But it is amazing and the smell is so good. The Lush person said that it might be drying for the hair, but I did not notice it drying my hair, In fact Godiva dries my hair out more. My hair was full of air after I washed with this and let it naturally dry. It was also so very soft. It truly is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using WEN for about 5 months now and I love it, but I saw many youtube videos on Lush products and this shampoo was on many must have lists. I was really suprised. the Big shampoo comes in a tub and it has a creamy light consistancy with lots of salt. I applied a small amount to my wet hair and I was shocked. It started lathering up immediately and my hair seemed to expand as I rubbed it in. I can only describe it as after you wash your hair and then you repeat the wash again and how lighter the hair feels when you apply the second coat of shampoo and the hair feels more airy. I can't really explain it that well. What I loved most about this shampoo is that it made my hair squeeky clean. I have oily hair so I like to get a deep clean. The smell is fantastic, very fresh and citrusy. I paired this with Veganese conditioner. After my hair dried, it felt so soft and very llight.I didn't experience any heaviness. I don't know if even I can use this daily because it does make the hair so clean, it might be too rough for my hair and I have oily roots. This would be great to use 1-2 times a week to clarify the hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by bloodpony

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this product, I really did.
I'm a huge Lush fan and got this product in a gift set. Honestly, it just didn't do anything for me. I didn't feel like it gave me any more body than normal and it didn't last long because I had to shampoo multiple times to get an appropriate lather/to make my hair feel clean.
My sister used it and she liked it but this one just isn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by ilovejp

I've been a fan of this product for a few years. I have naturally curly hair and I blow dry it straight. I've always struggled finding products which add shine to my hair without causing frizz. This shampoo really works for me. It makes my hair super soft and shiny whilst cleaning it. I only use a small amount as it lathers up quite a lot. I combine using this with Moroccan oil to avoid any dryness however I've never experienced dryness not using the oil. I would definitely recommend!