September 2, 2014 | 1557 users online

Lotions/ Creams - TendSkin - Tend Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2009 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Daphne1988

I have very sensitive skin. SO SENSITIVE that I cant shave my legs. So it leaves me with waxing... only. LOL But this product helps me have no razor bumps. When needed I will shave. I just wish that they made this in a spray mist bottle because it would be so much easier to apply. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 5:29:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I finally tried this when I received a mini sample bottle from a bag of samples with my last Sephora order. I wanted to try this for a while since I b-wax myself 1x/month, but didn't want to shell out the money. As far as I can tell, this does not really do anything different than physically exfoliating the area with a loofah, or using a drugstore gel like BikiniZone. It has a strong alcohol smell and dries down slightly sticky. I would try a homemade asprin mask or go back to BikiniZone as they are cheaper and deliver comparable results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2009 2:23:00 PM More reviews by hags101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Last night was my first time trying this product. I have always wanted to try it, but I have a hard time spending the money on things that may not work. I got this as a sample in a swap over the summer. I did not use the night before shaving (like instructed), but I did use it after shaving my bikini line. It stings a bit until it is dry (alcohol in it). But in the morning I had forgotten that I even shaved becuase I was not irritated at all! The area did not have those angry red bumps everywhere (I usually get them so bad that they are practically overlapping!-I also have sensitive skin)! I still had some slight red pin sized dots.... but they were not bumps and I only had 3-5 on each side. My clothing rubbing against the area did not irritate it either. Next I am going to try MUA user CareKate's recipe for making it yourself with alcohol, witchhazel, and aspirin. I may even throw some Lavender and Balsam Peru essential oil in the mix.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2009 4:54:00 AM More reviews by Onyxopi

This does a good job of preventing those pesky little razor bumps, but then again so does an aspirin mask---and for a fraction of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Refuge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a miracle product. Put it on after shaving your bikini line and you will NOT have any bumps. It can sting a bit if you nicked yourself at all, but it dissipates quickly. Love this for summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by rachellm1975

I have been buying this for years and always get the large size bottle; which lasts me almost a year, sometimes longer :).

I get Brazilians every 3-4 weeks along with an underarm wax and this really helps.

The only issue I have with it is 1. it REALLY smarts when you put it on your underarms....

2. the packaging is really ugly

Other than that, GREAT product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2008 12:59:00 PM More reviews by TheWorldsDresser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This literally saved my face. I'm a DDD w/ naturally curly hair and as a result I easily get ingrown hairs anyplace I have had hair removed. Especially troubling would be hair on my face which would become ingrown and unsightly, discolored bumps.

Within 20 hours of use the bumps subsided substantially, leaving me with only one or two larger ones that went away within 48 hours. No longer inflamed, the dark spots are finally lightening and I don't need as much concealer as I have in the past.

Before, I'd been treating this w/ drug store Bikini Zone and by harshly scrubbing with Witch Hazel - neither were as effective as Tend Skin. It has a strong odor, but it evaporates within 3 or 4 minutes. To be fair, as others have mentioned, you can make this out of 25 uncoated asprin, witch hazel and alcohol, but I'd much rather just drop the $20 to have all that already done. This stuff is a lifesaver for me, but I can see it being a problem for folks with dry skin so you may want to try the Bikini Zone I mentioned earlier or scrubbing with Witch Hazel. For me though, no contest - I'm sticking w/ TendSkin.

FYI - if already have ingrown hairs, use this daily 2x a day until the problem goes away. After that, just use it as treatment after hair removal.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by SazD

I love this product! Yes as people have mentioned before, it is ridiculously expensive. BUT it works really well to prevent ingrown hairs. Best of all I use this as a spot treatment; I use it all over my face at night with a cotton pad and dab it on individual spots in the morning with a cotton bud. Overuse has caused chemical burns in the past so I no longer use it more than twice a day and it's fine. I believe the salicylic acid in it helps to control my sebum levels and prevent new spots and blackheads from forming. Will always buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 12:51:00 AM More reviews by abs0lutelyfab

Tend Skin is the solution to avoiding ingrown hairs. I haven't used any other product that keeps irritation at bay right from the get go, and it also soothes if you've shaven without using the Tend Skin in the first place.

The downsides: It stings. Big time. It almost brings a tear to my eye. Standing in front of a fan, and/or applying pressure to the area after applying helps. It's also a little on the pricy side at $16 for about 4 oz; however, it's worth not having the itchy rash associated with bikini line tending.

Btw, this is fantastic for alleviating keratosis pilaris!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2008 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Kavila1

I like the way it's works on my bikini. It leaves it smooth and soft. Be careful as to how often you use it as I started using it twice a day and became a tad over drying.