Avon Imari

3.1

on 7/18/2005 1:38:00 PM

This Avon scent will forever remind me of my dear Grandmother, it's her signature scent, she's been wearing and repurchasing since the late 80's. It's really not for me a little too musky and strong I feel it is older more sophiticated and wise scent. If I was ever to purchase this it would solely be to fill me up on good memories of my beloved Grandmother.

on 6/27/2005 12:56:00 PM

This is one of those fragrances that I keep returning to. I find it very floral with that oriental flair. And you don't need a lot. I find it to be soft and somewhat powdery (which I happen to love). So glad Avon still carries it and you can get all the extras as well; shower gel, lotion, skin softener, powder. Will continue to purchase!

on 5/29/2005 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Not my scent at all. Definately stays with you all day though. I sell Avon & this scent is preferred for women ages 50-70.

on 1/4/2005 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

If you like the smell of taxi cabs, you will love this scent. This must be the worst perfume I have ever tried.

on 12/21/2004 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My mom wears this one, and I love it on her...sort of like a lighter and sweeter version of Opium. Not really a scent for me personally, but I love the way it smells on other people.

on 11/21/2004 11:03:00 AM

Ordered some of this for nostalgic purposes, i used to wear this in high school back in the 80's. This is really out of date now, reminiscent of over-powering perfumes like Opium, Obsession etc. I think we all stunk to high heavens in the 80's and am surprised that this continues to sell.

on 10/8/2004 9:26:00 AM

My 7 year old daughter and I both love this fragrance! Contrary to other reviewers observations, I am not old or a nostalgic long time Avon user (neither is my daughter). I got it as a gwp about 2 years ago and have repurchased many times. I get many compliments on this scent. The classic opaque bottle must not hold much and that is my only beef with the product. It does go on sale either half price or in a 2-fer so I am not complaining. I also wear the Imari deod, which is the best-working I have found and it is .99! Not crazy about the lotion, it is greasy.

on 9/19/2004 4:50:00 AM

An Avon 'classic'. This has beautiful oriental incense quality to it. It brings lots of compliments from men(of all ages)too.

on 8/20/2004 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm surprised to see all the negative reviews of this. I have to say it isn't a holy grail for me, as in, you don't want to keep smelling it forever. BUT I have to say that through the years, ever since I was a teenager, every time I have worn this (it is really a 'going out' scent), I have ALWAYS gotten so many compliments that I always determine to wear it more often, but somehow I never do. Felt like I had to stick up for it a little, though.

I'm undecided about this scent, but it gives me a headache (literally) maybe because of its rose undertones.

If you like it, get it; if not, stay far away.

Popular Fragrances