December 22, 2014 | 1613 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Imari

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2005 12:48:00 AM More reviews by missamerica32

Not my scent at all. Definately stays with you all day though. I sell Avon & this scent is preferred for women ages 50-70.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2005 11:26:00 PM More reviews by natX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

If you like the smell of taxi cabs, you will love this scent. This must be the worst perfume I have ever tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2004 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Iluvkitties

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My mom wears this one, and I love it on her...sort of like a lighter and sweeter version of Opium. Not really a scent for me personally, but I love the way it smells on other people.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2004 11:03:00 AM More reviews by jensen2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ordered some of this for nostalgic purposes, i used to wear this in high school back in the 80's. This is really out of date now, reminiscent of over-powering perfumes like Opium, Obsession etc. I think we all stunk to high heavens in the 80's and am surprised that this continues to sell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2004 9:26:00 AM More reviews by franticog

My 7 year old daughter and I both love this fragrance! Contrary to other reviewers observations, I am not old or a nostalgic long time Avon user (neither is my daughter). I got it as a gwp about 2 years ago and have repurchased many times. I get many compliments on this scent. The classic opaque bottle must not hold much and that is my only beef with the product. It does go on sale either half price or in a 2-fer so I am not complaining. I also wear the Imari deod, which is the best-working I have found and it is .99! Not crazy about the lotion, it is greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2004 4:50:00 AM More reviews by virgodiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

An Avon 'classic'. This has beautiful oriental incense quality to it. It brings lots of compliments from men(of all ages)too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2004 10:01:00 AM More reviews by starladear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm surprised to see all the negative reviews of this. I have to say it isn't a holy grail for me, as in, you don't want to keep smelling it forever. BUT I have to say that through the years, ever since I was a teenager, every time I have worn this (it is really a 'going out' scent), I have ALWAYS gotten so many compliments that I always determine to wear it more often, but somehow I never do. Felt like I had to stick up for it a little, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2004 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Sunshine1020

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm undecided about this scent, but it gives me a headache (literally) maybe because of its rose undertones.

If you like it, get it; if not, stay far away.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2004 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Curve829

All I have to say is disgusting disgustin gand disgusting I can't seem to understand how it's avon's #1 selling fragrance. It smells like crushed dandelions, the scent reeks terribly

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2004 12:19:00 AM More reviews by AvonErin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There is a lot of business for Imari mainly due to the nostalgia. Everyone that I sell it to has always loved it, missed it, stocked up on it, etc. Newer clients are in the same mindset as I am - we like newer, more contemporary fragrances. That's not to say that it isn't a nice scent - it's just not for me.