NARS Nepal

4.3

on 1/23/2004 6:55:00 PM

I was very excited to try out NARS eyeshadows. The counter looks exciting and I felt I'd been using Bobbi Brown for too many years and was bored and wanted to try a new counter. However, I was disapointed. I bought the ARCTIC shadow duo since the colors seemed unique and exciting and the MA applied them to my eyes with great success. However, when I tried to do the same at home, I had trouble 1) getting color to show up and then 2) making it last. For the two nights I wore this duo, I would come home at night 6 hours later and there would be little evidence that the shadows were ever on my eyes. They had faded and also run a bit from where I applied them. The quality was not very good! I think Bobbi Brown makes MUCH superior eyeshadows and will just go back there to try some new colors/techniques rather than switching lines to Nars. I returned ARCTIC for a full refund. I think this line just looks good at the counter, fantastic and intersting colors, and has cool packaging (better than BB with the annoying screw on tops) but lacks quality for the money! UPDATE: I tried Nars eyeshadow AGAIN - this time Ashes to Ashes and Nepal. Great colors - but, again, they failed to last on me after the MA applied them and I wore them around for the rest of the day. They were gone in 4 hours - BAD for the price.

on 1/21/2004 3:07:00 PM

oh, i like this a lot. other girls have described this color in great detail. This works really nicely as a wash over the lid and brightens my blue eyes up. Subtle and lovely.

on 1/11/2004 1:51:00 PM

Didn't like this product because it didn't show up on me. I tend to be second from the lightest in foundation so fair, but not PPP. It just didn't show at all.

on 1/3/2004 4:23:00 AM

Ooh, I love this! What a gorgeous shade! It's.. hard to describe though - it's pink, but peach and taupe, too. Almost like a very pinky beige. Not too dark, and very shimmery. Excellent to warm up other colors, I love wearing this with Nars Bellissima duo which on its own can look a little harsh on me.

on 12/27/2003 6:55:00 AM

An absolutely gorgeous shimmery pink with a slight peachy undertone to it. I LOVE this color! It lasts all day on me without fading or wearing off and it doesn't crease until very late in the day, which is a definite plus because most shadows crinkle up on me within the first hour. I love the silky texture and the way it glides on so smoothe and soft. Perfect to wear alone or to complement another color. This one became a favorite on the first use :-)

on 12/13/2003 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a light, shimmery peachy rose shade. I don't reach for this often, but it's a pretty shade for 'natural' days when you don't want a lot of dark color on your lids. It goes on a bit sheerly so you may want to apply a bit more than you normally would. If your skin is darker than mine (MAC C2) than one coat would probably work for you.

on 12/13/2003 2:58:00 PM

This was my first ever NARS eyeshadow and I have bought three since and that tells you how much I love this amazing colour. I always get compliments on how it makes me look fresh. Being past mid-thirties I love to hear that.

on 9/8/2003 11:28:00 AM

Mmm more eyeshadow in black rubber. This time baby sized black rubber! This is a deceptively simple shade- it is a shimmery, neutral pinky brown, which would make it a very cool toned color, but Nars then threw in some peach. This is a great wash color. To make the color pop more use light eye base or foundation on the lids, and a primary base of a darker neutral color like Stila Puppy. A primary base of Stila Dune makes this become a cooler color and looks great too.

As always the quality is great - the dense pigment lovers won't be happy but I like sheer color on my eyes so I wouldnt want more pigment. I just love how the black rubber packaging comes in different sizes - sure it all looks the same so can be confusing but who cares its so cute. You can type up the name cute it out and paste it to the top of the case if it bugs you that much. continued >>

on 8/14/2003 8:26:00 AM

I love this light, pinky neutral colour to brighten up my eyes (I have deep set eyes and dark colours tend to make me look like my eyes are caves!) I pair this with NARS Lola Lola...a beautiful natural look for summer and winter!
Thumbs up for this product...NARS is great!

on 6/24/2003 6:45:00 AM

Astoundingly typical shade, and was not pigmented enough to show up on my lids (I have light-medium Asian skin tone).

Top Rated NARS Products