Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise

3.3

on 3/8/2009 10:58:00 PM

I love this perfume! The bottle is breathtakingly gorgeous and the perfume is lovely. I generally find sweet-fruity-florals to be nauseating. But I like Beyond Paradise. It seems airy to me somehow. Like a nice light jasmine scented breeze. It's really refreshing and light but lasts and I get lots of compliments on it. It is my favorite summer scent, so I'll definitely be buying more.

the first time i sampled this i knew i had to have it, especially b/c the bottles so pretty! lol so i was really excited when my sis got it for me. its fruity+floral, without being too island-y, since those bananas/coconuts/mangoes etc scents give me a huge headache. its in my rotation, and there are many people that compliment me on it, so its not half as bad as one thinks. i may repurchase after i finish the bottle.

on 2/6/2009 12:46:00 AM

A mix of tropical notes that depending on how much you use can be pleasant or just yucky. With this fragrance I find that less is more.

on 1/26/2009 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Opens with a very loud tropical flower blast, then settles into a floral core that is mostly gardenia and honesuckle. Perhaps technically interesting, but too aggressive and tropical for me.

on 1/14/2009 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I had high hopes for this, Estee Lauder fragrances are usually beautiful. The bottle is so beautiful and the sample I smelled in a magazine was amazing. I was so excited when I had a coupon for a deluxe sample, too. As soon as I get the sample, I spray it on and let it dry to see how it smelled....
It smelled horrible on me! How disappointing! It ended up smelling foul on me and I only spritzed it on my wrist!! Sniffing the bottle ends up with a beautiful scent, but on me- gross! Even when sprayed on clothing or hair, it is not a pleasant smell!

on 1/7/2009 4:33:00 PM

Some days, I love it - other days, it's a big fat headache for me -

This is a very exuberant white floral with a tropical edge to it - I get a strong honeysuckle/gardinia scent from this one, like some other reviewers talked about.

During the summer, it's just too much for me - the tropical floral dries down to a very green scent, which I don't care for. That said, during the winter, it's much more ladylike and demure, as well as being warm without overpowering my nose. Reminds me of my honeymoon in St. Thomas, which on those cold winter days, is exactly what I am looking for.

So, my conclusion is that it's a winter scent for me - but it's not a fragrance I use often, so I won't have to repurchase it for a long while.

on 12/29/2008 8:39:00 PM

HAD to try it because of Tania Sanchez's rave reviews. My conclusion: I guess I don't like white flowers that much, and maybe Tania and I don't have that much in common. It does remind me of tropical locales, however. If my husband and I ever go on a tropical vacation, I might think about buying it because it seems like a nice "destination" fragrance to me... one that I'd wear on a trip and then not wear again except when I wanted to recall the trip!! I will have to say that even though I don't like it that much I think it is a very nice, well-composed fragrance. It seems to be a very faithful representation of tropical flowers. It's very nice. But I won't buy it.

on 12/18/2008 6:16:00 AM

Sometimes I love this one, and sometimes I like it okay. I guess I have to be in the mood for this one. It's a bit strong and sometimes too..... something.

Several times, I've smelled this exact scent on someone else, and when I asked what they were wearing, they said something else, I think it was Marc Jacobs - not this one. Or maybe it was Michael Kors?

The bottle is beautiful, it's a nice scent but sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming. One or two sprays is plenty.

on 12/5/2008 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

lovely, tropical, floral fragrance i love every single note of this one and will buy it again for sure (im on my 2nd bottle)
oh and i can wear year round not only in summer or winter

on 12/1/2008 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

I have a sample of this perfume and I find it to be quite pleasant. I have no idea what the notes are, but to me it's a very bold scent. My dad claimed it smells like chemicals, but I have to disagree! The bottle is also very pretty.

Popular Fragrances