October 1, 2014 | 2006 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Beyond Paradise

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by AnnM27

A mix of tropical notes that depending on how much you use can be pleasant or just yucky. With this fragrance I find that less is more.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by bergere

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Opens with a very loud tropical flower blast, then settles into a floral core that is mostly gardenia and honesuckle. Perhaps technically interesting, but too aggressive and tropical for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2009 11:22:00 AM More reviews by andrea0611

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this, Estee Lauder fragrances are usually beautiful. The bottle is so beautiful and the sample I smelled in a magazine was amazing. I was so excited when I had a coupon for a deluxe sample, too. As soon as I get the sample, I spray it on and let it dry to see how it smelled....
It smelled horrible on me! How disappointing! It ended up smelling foul on me and I only spritzed it on my wrist!! Sniffing the bottle ends up with a beautiful scent, but on me- gross! Even when sprayed on clothing or hair, it is not a pleasant smell!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Gabriel679

Some days, I love it - other days, it's a big fat headache for me -

This is a very exuberant white floral with a tropical edge to it - I get a strong honeysuckle/gardinia scent from this one, like some other reviewers talked about.

During the summer, it's just too much for me - the tropical floral dries down to a very green scent, which I don't care for. That said, during the winter, it's much more ladylike and demure, as well as being warm without overpowering my nose. Reminds me of my honeymoon in St. Thomas, which on those cold winter days, is exactly what I am looking for.

So, my conclusion is that it's a winter scent for me - but it's not a fragrance I use often, so I won't have to repurchase it for a long while.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 8:39:00 PM More reviews by annalisameyer

HAD to try it because of Tania Sanchez's rave reviews. My conclusion: I guess I don't like white flowers that much, and maybe Tania and I don't have that much in common. It does remind me of tropical locales, however. If my husband and I ever go on a tropical vacation, I might think about buying it because it seems like a nice "destination" fragrance to me... one that I'd wear on a trip and then not wear again except when I wanted to recall the trip!! I will have to say that even though I don't like it that much I think it is a very nice, well-composed fragrance. It seems to be a very faithful representation of tropical flowers. It's very nice. But I won't buy it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 6:16:00 AM More reviews by bobbictx

Sometimes I love this one, and sometimes I like it okay. I guess I have to be in the mood for this one. It's a bit strong and sometimes too..... something.

Several times, I've smelled this exact scent on someone else, and when I asked what they were wearing, they said something else, I think it was Marc Jacobs - not this one. Or maybe it was Michael Kors?

The bottle is beautiful, it's a nice scent but sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming. One or two sprays is plenty.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2008 10:57:00 AM More reviews by jewell2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

lovely, tropical, floral fragrance i love every single note of this one and will buy it again for sure (im on my 2nd bottle)
oh and i can wear year round not only in summer or winter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by CatVeronica

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a sample of this perfume and I find it to be quite pleasant. I have no idea what the notes are, but to me it's a very bold scent. My dad claimed it smells like chemicals, but I have to disagree! The bottle is also very pretty.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This fragrance smells very familiar to me, but I can't quite put my finger on it. On me, it smells mostly floral, like honeysuckle and gardenias. It reminds me of Juicy Couture, very feminine but not quite my type of fragrance. I have a GWP sample size and will most likely give it to a friend who ALWAYS wears floral and headache inducing scents. I'm more of a Stella McCartney Stella girl.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 9:52:00 AM More reviews by aerobideb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Beyond Paradise was a real find for me. After reading all the negative reviews on MUA, I was sure it would smell of pish!!! However, when I bought the Perfume book and saw the comments made by Luca Turin, I thought I would smell this perfume for myself. Sniffing it from the bottle I thought, fowl!! But, when I sprayed it on my wrist, I thought it was a completely different perfume. All I can say is Beyond Paradise smells divine on me, I believe it's down to chemistry for sure.

So, if you're wondering about this perfume, please don't take the negative reviews as 'the be all and end all', because BP may just work for you the way it does for me. I think Luca is right to love this!!