December 21, 2014 | 1896 users online

Other - Ben Nye - Final Seal

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by SayoonaraSadness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HONESTLY THIS IS HG MATERIAL!!! I have very difficult to control oily skin. I've used so much oil controlling products like nivea,peter thomas roth, dr. brandt, cosmedicine, blotting powders from MAC and CoverFX, loose powders from Fyrinnae to Costal Scents Microspheres Silica Powder all promising to keep oil at bay for at least 6 or more hours. But none of this stuff lasted for more than 3 hours at most. I go through blotting sheets like nothing! Now if you have skin like mine you know how frustrating this is. I just got this magical stuff in the mail not too long ago, last night I went to an 11 hour dance party and used this stuff and what do you know? This sealer kept my makeup fresh for the entire 11 hours! MIRACLE!!! Call me crazy but this stuff is soooooo awesome. I havent tried anything that compares to this yet. I owned a couple of Ben Nye's eyeshadows and they were of great quality, haven't been disappointed with any of the products yet. This is definately my holy grail hands down. Can't say if i'd use this everyday though I would loooove to but I dunno how my skin would take it. Anyway if youre looking for something to set your makeup this stuff will definately blow you away.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 9:38:00 PM More reviews by didi23

Yup I'd buy this again and again. One bottle lasted me 2 years and that's because about half of it spilled when I opened and dropped the bottle. Anyway, I use this mainly to seal in my brows after I pencil them in, or for my non waterproof eyeliners. I used to use Benefit's She Laq, but this is wayyyy cheaper and works and smells better. I've never really tried it to seal my makeup perhaps I would for a special occasion but not for everyday use for allover the face.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Nights6789

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I been doing everything with the Ben Nye Final seal..why its not working for me??!?! My makeup still comes off .. I use Mac Studio fix fluid NW50 and NW55.. Liquid foundation ..do it not work with that kind?? Please help me.. somebody!! I sprayed it into the air and let it mist on my face I also use a sponge and wipe it on my face..what am I doing wrong?? Please someone reply with secrets, tips, or/and help to guide me. I feel that the product should work but Im not getting the results and all.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 7:15:00 PM More reviews by opheliamagdalene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't think people realize this is THEATRICAL makeup- I use this frequently for that purpose, ( I recently finished a production of CATS) but I would never ever use this outside of the theatre.

AVOID your eyes- it burns like crazy. I always put my mascara on AFTER I use this- it never works on my mascara well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 1:53:00 PM More reviews by dee000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is pretty much the only product that is HG for me!!! No matter which make up I use, it always looks awful after 1-4 hours, depending on the makeup. But when I spray final seal in the morning, my makeup stays all day long. Most new products I try I am on the fence about because I think I may see a difference, but I'm not sure. But on final seal, the difference is so incredibly noticable I will never be without it. I stopped using it for a while because I thought it was breaking me out, but I just kept on breaking out so I think it was the face wash that I had recently switched to. It also helped control oil better than any other product I use. Sometimes I use a primer powder and top powder with my mineral makeup, but when in a hurry I only use this and it helps significantly. I can't emphasize enough what a huge difference this makes for me and how much I love it. I think it can be kind of hard to find, but I found mine at my University Pharmacy. I just did a search on google for ben nye in utah and found a few places here that carry it. I think you can buy it on ebay too if you can't find it locally. TRY IT!!!
(When I first bought this, I went to Sally's and bought an empty little spray bottle after reading the reviews on here that the bottle is crappy, so I can't comment on that. Now I buy the big size so it doesn't come w/ a spray and I just refill the one from Sally's. It was $.89. Be careful to always clean the nozzle before spraying though because it crusts over and then can stream in random directions instead of spraying! I got a nice stream in the eye once - that didn't feel good. Close your eyes while you spray and wait a second for it to dry before opening. It literally is only 1-2 seconds you have to wait though.)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2008 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Mellsers528

I can't live without this! I have the worst oily skin and I used to have to blot and powder my face every 2 hours or less. I've tried every oil controlling primer, powder, setting powder, moisturizer, etc. out there and with this I can just use regular face products. For a primer I just use Monistat which has no oil controlling effect on my skin whatsoever and when spritz this over my makeup I only have to blot and powder my face ONCE throughout the whole day. It really keeps my face and eye makeup looking flawless. It was tricky to figure out how to apply and blend this in, even after reading the reviews here. I used to use my 187 to blend it in but that was the worst thing I could've ever done, it left my brush a wreck and I'd have to give it a deep cleaning after each use cause the bristles were rock hard. I just use a Mark foundation brush that has all synthetic bristles so it's a whole lot easier to clean and I pat it over my face after each area I spritz. I use a total of 4 spritzes, one on my left side, one on my right side of my face and two on my t-zone. If you have sensitive skin or if you exfoliate the night before there may be some slight stinging but it's totally bearable and goes away quickly, but then again this could give me nose bleeds and I'd still use it!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2008 4:49:00 PM More reviews by sarajane927

I use this to seal penciled-in eyebrows and it keeps them in place
until I take it off. AWESOME holding power. It also has a pleasant minty scent.
My only gripe is the packaging. As others have said, it doesn't provide an even mist--more, it kind of spits at your face. Since I use this only for my eyebrows and not for my entire face, I simply dip a small eyeshadow brush into the bottle and then dab it into my brows, which works like a charm. It dries quickly with no smearing or discoloration.
For the price and performance, I will continue to buy this. I used to use BeneFit She-Laq, and Final Seal works just as well, IMO, at about 1/7 the price of She-Laq.

EDIT: The staying power of this is seriously compromised by any kind of sunscreen worn underneath, even if buffered by a layer of powder. Subtracted 2 lippies.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2008 10:48:00 PM More reviews by HAROLD6975

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Good product. Disadvantage is that it doesnt provide an even mist - more like squirts. But overall it hods the make-up really well. Nozzle for spritzing mus be cleaned with warm water so it would not clog. Perhaps transfer it to a mist atomizer. Seals the eyeshadows as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2008 10:08:00 PM More reviews by evarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Definitely one of the BEST products out there, and I am so glad I found this. I've used primers under foundations, but I am never impressed... plus, they still smudge/wear off. Anyway, Final Seal will have you set all day! I ordered the 1oz size off a costume website and I've already ordered the 8oz size because I loooooove this so much! I will always have this on hand. Make sure you close your eyes when spritzing, or you'll be sorry :p The nozzle on the little bottle doesn't really produce a FINE mist, but it's making do until I find an aerosal-type little bottle thingy... maybe I should look on ebay for one, I dunno. Bottom line: this junk is good. It works. Get it. You'll use it forever and never be sorry you spent such a REASONABLE amount of money on such a golden product! Go Ben Nye, go. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by lippsstix

After spending 2 hrs. on my makeup to meet up with old friends from high school -( wanted to show off my mad skills - since just graduating from a college (majoring in wigs and makeup) i wanted to look banging hot !!! - which I think I acheived... spraying my final seal to set it all ... i headed out to meet up with my old peers- 10 minutes into meeting with them a terrencial down pour commenced and we sprinted to the nearest safe "dry" place- when i picked up my head to look at the other girls (with mascara and foundation running down there face- they looked at me and my makeup hadn't moved an cm...they were amazed !!! - Well the next time I met up with them- I was doing makeovers for them....hence - it saved me in the ran and with my friendships!! hehehe