September 2, 2014 | 1704 users online

Other - Ben Nye - Final Seal

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 1:53:00 PM More reviews by dee000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is pretty much the only product that is HG for me!!! No matter which make up I use, it always looks awful after 1-4 hours, depending on the makeup. But when I spray final seal in the morning, my makeup stays all day long. Most new products I try I am on the fence about because I think I may see a difference, but I'm not sure. But on final seal, the difference is so incredibly noticable I will never be without it. I stopped using it for a while because I thought it was breaking me out, but I just kept on breaking out so I think it was the face wash that I had recently switched to. It also helped control oil better than any other product I use. Sometimes I use a primer powder and top powder with my mineral makeup, but when in a hurry I only use this and it helps significantly. I can't emphasize enough what a huge difference this makes for me and how much I love it. I think it can be kind of hard to find, but I found mine at my University Pharmacy. I just did a search on google for ben nye in utah and found a few places here that carry it. I think you can buy it on ebay too if you can't find it locally. TRY IT!!!
(When I first bought this, I went to Sally's and bought an empty little spray bottle after reading the reviews on here that the bottle is crappy, so I can't comment on that. Now I buy the big size so it doesn't come w/ a spray and I just refill the one from Sally's. It was $.89. Be careful to always clean the nozzle before spraying though because it crusts over and then can stream in random directions instead of spraying! I got a nice stream in the eye once - that didn't feel good. Close your eyes while you spray and wait a second for it to dry before opening. It literally is only 1-2 seconds you have to wait though.)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2008 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Mellsers528

I can't live without this! I have the worst oily skin and I used to have to blot and powder my face every 2 hours or less. I've tried every oil controlling primer, powder, setting powder, moisturizer, etc. out there and with this I can just use regular face products. For a primer I just use Monistat which has no oil controlling effect on my skin whatsoever and when spritz this over my makeup I only have to blot and powder my face ONCE throughout the whole day. It really keeps my face and eye makeup looking flawless. It was tricky to figure out how to apply and blend this in, even after reading the reviews here. I used to use my 187 to blend it in but that was the worst thing I could've ever done, it left my brush a wreck and I'd have to give it a deep cleaning after each use cause the bristles were rock hard. I just use a Mark foundation brush that has all synthetic bristles so it's a whole lot easier to clean and I pat it over my face after each area I spritz. I use a total of 4 spritzes, one on my left side, one on my right side of my face and two on my t-zone. If you have sensitive skin or if you exfoliate the night before there may be some slight stinging but it's totally bearable and goes away quickly, but then again this could give me nose bleeds and I'd still use it!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2008 4:49:00 PM More reviews by sarajane927

I use this to seal penciled-in eyebrows and it keeps them in place
until I take it off. AWESOME holding power. It also has a pleasant minty scent.
My only gripe is the packaging. As others have said, it doesn't provide an even mist--more, it kind of spits at your face. Since I use this only for my eyebrows and not for my entire face, I simply dip a small eyeshadow brush into the bottle and then dab it into my brows, which works like a charm. It dries quickly with no smearing or discoloration.
For the price and performance, I will continue to buy this. I used to use BeneFit She-Laq, and Final Seal works just as well, IMO, at about 1/7 the price of She-Laq.

EDIT: The staying power of this is seriously compromised by any kind of sunscreen worn underneath, even if buffered by a layer of powder. Subtracted 2 lippies.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2008 10:48:00 PM More reviews by HAROLD6975

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Good product. Disadvantage is that it doesnt provide an even mist - more like squirts. But overall it hods the make-up really well. Nozzle for spritzing mus be cleaned with warm water so it would not clog. Perhaps transfer it to a mist atomizer. Seals the eyeshadows as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2008 10:08:00 PM More reviews by evarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Definitely one of the BEST products out there, and I am so glad I found this. I've used primers under foundations, but I am never impressed... plus, they still smudge/wear off. Anyway, Final Seal will have you set all day! I ordered the 1oz size off a costume website and I've already ordered the 8oz size because I loooooove this so much! I will always have this on hand. Make sure you close your eyes when spritzing, or you'll be sorry :p The nozzle on the little bottle doesn't really produce a FINE mist, but it's making do until I find an aerosal-type little bottle thingy... maybe I should look on ebay for one, I dunno. Bottom line: this junk is good. It works. Get it. You'll use it forever and never be sorry you spent such a REASONABLE amount of money on such a golden product! Go Ben Nye, go. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by lippsstix

After spending 2 hrs. on my makeup to meet up with old friends from high school -( wanted to show off my mad skills - since just graduating from a college (majoring in wigs and makeup) i wanted to look banging hot !!! - which I think I acheived... spraying my final seal to set it all ... i headed out to meet up with my old peers- 10 minutes into meeting with them a terrencial down pour commenced and we sprinted to the nearest safe "dry" place- when i picked up my head to look at the other girls (with mascara and foundation running down there face- they looked at me and my makeup hadn't moved an cm...they were amazed !!! - Well the next time I met up with them- I was doing makeovers for them....hence - it saved me in the ran and with my friendships!! hehehe

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Hyperduckz3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Let me first say that I hated this stuff at first. I would spray it all over my face, & it would actually ruin my makeup & get in my eyes. I had almost given up on it. I was reading reviews on it though & decided to give it another chance. Nattyngeorge's application tip seemed like a good idea (it was, thanks!!!), so I decided to try it. WOW! My makeup is always flawless looking now:). What I do is apply my liquid foundation & concealer, then I spray this on the back of my hand & dip my MAC 187 in it and apply to my face as if applying more foundation. It makes my powder & blush much easier to apply & my makeup stays put ALL day! I also do not get oily...I really only need to use blot powder maybe once or twice a day, & thats only because I hate being even a tiny bit shiney. I really can't say enough about this stuff! It's amazing, cheap (like $5 dollars for a good amount), & has a nice refreshing mint smell. I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by J_cool

I was gonna toss this stuff, but I wanted to give it just one more try... and thank God I did!! What a miracle worker, a real treasure!!

As mentioned earlier, the first time I used BEN NYE Final Seal, I hated it. I sprayed it according to the directions on the bottle and the stuff burned my face and left noticeable droplet marks all over my makeup! It RUINED what it was supposed to help!! I was MIFFED and ready to toss it!! until I devised a way to make it work for me. I sprayed it at an angle up into the air and then I let the mist fall gently on my face (with my eyes completely closed!). I find that by doing this, the cool mist lightly coats my face evenly and gently (with no burning!) and I am left with no noticeable droplet marks. You can layer it onto the face this way as well, but be careful not to over-use, cause this stuff has alcohol in it. You may use a bit more product than necessary by doing this, but the results are well worth it!

After a face-full of makeup (any makeup, it doesn't necessarily have to be theatre makeup), I "mist" this onto my face and it prevents my makeup from oxidizing, smearing, and wearing off throughout the day. My makeup stays nicely intact and looks rather good by the end of an 8-hour day... which is more than I can say for just using primer and powder alone.

Since this contains alcohol, I would think that's crucial to protect your skin by using a good moisturizer and primer prior to it's application.

The price is just right. If you live near a Ben Nye, just walk right over a get a big container of the stuff, cause the shipping costs suck. If you buy this online, get the big size, cause you'll be using this for the rest of your life!! Oh yes, the supplied spray bottle doesn't produce a fine mist. Just pour it into another cheap, mini-spray bottle and you'll get a finer spritz!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2008 11:39:00 AM More reviews by sanckensmom

Gosh, I am so glad I am not the only one that hated this stuff....I hated it so much, I dumped it in the sink.. This minty stuff came out in an uneven spritz and when I wore it out, I looked in my car rearview mirror and to my horror, I had tiny dots of shininess on my face, like rain drops...I had to sit there for 10 minutes and rub it in, but it ruined my make up...it also smeared my eyeliner and the mintyness Killed my eyes...they burned...I could have experimented I guess by spraying it on a sponge, wiping it lightly on my face, then powdering....but I didn't....this was so cheap and I am glad I tried it once, but there has to be a better product without the mint and with a sheer, even mist spray... Anyone know of one?

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2008 4:10:00 AM More reviews by clairehair

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because of the rave reveiws and I thought it would help make a success of the Ben Nye foundation cake which was also after many attempts a disaster which I also bought based on rave reveiws but to be fair, to say my opinion on this stuff is a minority opinion is an understatement and as I always say, one womans HG is anothers nightmare so best to try it out for yourself. I found this to be awful in the extreme. Didn't work at all for me and came off when I touched any part of my face and the makeup came off with it leaving a line and a peeling skin effect. I tried using less and doing just one layer although the bottle recommends two but again the same effect Horrible. It feels tight and masklike and smells nasty. A huge waste of money. I am going to have to bin it as I would never use this again. Don't need it now anyway as I found a good primer is what is required. Oh well, you live and learn.