April 16, 2014 | 1587 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Sable

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by esmerelda2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this eyeshadow. On me (NW45) its a beautiful pinkish mauve. Very pretty lid color. Comparable to UD's Toasted. But Toasted does not work for me - a bit too much silver/coolness in it for my skintone. Sable is definitely warmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by kakaroxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I Love this eyeshadow!!! So pretty and fits nice with my brown eyes. I love to use it as an eyeliner aswel. Very smooth and pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by ImYoursTakeMe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Such a gorgeous colour, not too harsh, the perfect brown to use on the outer corner of the eye and to define the crease.
I use it with MAC's Naked Lunch (all over the lid) and Shroom (inner corner) and it looks absolutely stunning!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by ClarissaM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in my first and only (so far) MAC palette. It's goes really well with super light blue eyes and pale skin. My only complaint is the formula. It goes on highly pigmented yet spotty - it doesn't go on smooth. Plus, I find it takes me a lot of work to blend, even with my MAC 217 brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2010 1:28:00 AM More reviews by anjalimakh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is EVERYTHING I wanted Satin Taupe to be. Everyone raved about Satin Taupe, but it turns a very unflattering silver-grey/kind of ashy color on my olive skin tone (it seems on lighter skin tones, the plum tones show up better). Well, Sable - welcome to my life - where have you been???? I should kick myself for waiting so long to buy this. I'm ~ NC 42-43 in MAC (but I don't wear MAC foundations). If you are olive skinned, go out & buy this. You won't be disappointed. I am a neutral e/s fiend & this one could be one of my favorites - I can see this being very versatile! Earned a spot in my "most used" palette.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by simplyxjosey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It seems like another case of the "orange" for me. I'm warm toned, NC25-NC30. I find a lot of shadows look disgustingly orange on me like bronze, all that glitters, woodwinked, and now sable. anything that has an orangey undertone just does not fair well on my lids. It makes me so upset bc these shades are some of the most gorgeous, pigmented, smooth colors when swatched on my hand but every time I attempt to use them on my lids again, it's disappointment. =[
They all sit sadly in my palette, waiting to be loved.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by prettypoodle05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

nw 45 here! I like this shadow, its def something i can wear everyday because its neutral. Very similar to UDs "toasted" but i think this has less shimmer. I wear it with handwritten in the crease and UDs sin in the brow. overall great color.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by fading_visions

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite shadow colour from MAC. The best way I can describe the colour is plummy taupe/light brown with a slight gold shimmer. I want to say it has bronze in it too, I guess this colour is just hard to describe! It is truly beautiful and brings out my eyes. I think this colour would suit all skin tones and eye colours.

Sable goes with every other colour I own and I'm sure it also would go with countless MAC shadows. My favourite every day combination is Sable all over the lid and Woodwinked either as a beautiful gold liner or in the middle just above the iris. For days when I'm in a hurry, Sable is also beautiful on its own.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by nola80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first I didn't really use this and just one day picked it up and haven't stopped using it since! Great crease shadow over Naked Lunch with Sketch in the outer V. I just recently noticed the reddish undertone to it. Great neutral shadow for everyday work look!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by jaymief

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A frosty reddish brown color. Nice texture, blendable and smooth. Would buy again.