November 26, 2014 | 1678 users online

Bronzers - Rimmel - Sun Shimmer Bronzing Compact Powder (ALL)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2005 8:17:00 PM More reviews by oiseaubleu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i had been eyeing this product since i first noticed it last summer, but it wasn't until last week that i finally bought one in the color, SUN LIGHT, to try. why did i wait so long!? there are a few reasons why i think everyone needs to try it for themselves, so i'll break it down like this:

1. it's only $3! and widely available to the masses. (i got mine at walmart.)

2. the color is very flattering, which would, i'd imagine, make it suitable for even the lightest of skintones. (i, myself, being warm-toned & on the medium side, but a bit lighter by the end of winter) SUN LIGHT has this ability to totally brighten my face and makes me look as if i've spent a little time in the sun, only without the initial redness. i simply apply the bronzer to the areas of my face the sun would hit naturally--cheeks, bridge of nose, forehead, and chin--and i get the perfect glow.

3. it completely brightens up the complexion. it's not overly shimmery or frosty. yes, it's called, SunShimmer, but it sould be called SunGlow, because it looks almost matte in pan, but upon closer inspection, you can see all the ultra-tiny shimmer particles. so subtle and gorgeous!

4. it lasts ALL day and NEVER turns orange! (if you weren't convinced before to try it, this little fact should speak volumes.)

5. the amount of product you get is huge! it will last so long, but i may get a shade darker for the summer months, as, for some reason, my face does not get as tan as the rest of my body and i much prefer to be even-toned!

6. did i mention it's only $3!? this has got to be better than spending close to $30 on NARS's Laguna, right? i really can't see how it could be any better than Rimmel's...

so, i think i covered all the bases. if not, i can always edit to add more! oh, and if it matters at all, i test-drove this product for 2 weeks before reviewing, so i could give it a fair review.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2005 5:35:00 PM More reviews by red_lipgloss

I really liked this but I think I bought one of last summers products because it got streaky not long after I opened it. Anyways, I got Sun Light and when I first started using it it was nice a natural for my fair skin and it'n not chunky glittery. Will be using this this summer, but I will buy a new one because I honestly think my Walmart re-shelves stuff from last year...I will have to check...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2005 2:30:00 PM More reviews by harrup

I'm always trying to brighten up my dull winter complexion. I have more bronzers than I care to admit or count. Ranging from Giorgio Armani, Lauder, Dior to...Rimmel. Rimmel is by far the best. No contest. Unlike many others the product only has a faint subtle shimmer, just enough to make my face look "healthy" and glowing. I use the lighter of the two shades and I would highly recommend it to anyone. Sure, the Armani bronzer IS nice, too, but it looks no better than this one, and the price tag is, quite frankly absurd. And you don't get a better product for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2005 12:24:00 PM More reviews by coolnsassy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I donīt use bronzer very often, but I love this this one. Itīs finely milled and gives a nice, pretty light bronzed glow. And itīs dirt cheap, too.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2005 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Enigma03

Meh, the fluroscent lighting made me believe this was darker than it was. I got it in sun bronze.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2004 9:21:00 PM More reviews by lindsay13_88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this bronzer! I decided to buy this because it was on sale one day and I was using the Caboodles bronzer but it was too shimmery for daytime use. As soon as I get home I opened this up and tried it out. It's *fantastic!* I bought it in the middle shade. I've got light skin and it makes my skin look warm and tanned. Love it!

UPDATE -- I've been using this for over 2 1/2 years now and it's my HG of bronzers! Perfect for everyday =) I use Sun Bronze 022 for an all-over warm tanned look and I use Sun Dance 027 over my cheeks for a nice shimmery highlight.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2004 5:44:00 PM More reviews by wetmango

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just rocks! Very cheap, nice natural colour (didnt make me look like an oompa-loompa), easy to carry and just the right amount of shimmer to make you glow. Much better than the expensive bronzers I've tried. Will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2004 1:38:00 PM More reviews by sweethart028

I just bought this last week and I didn't really find any problems with this. It made my skin look tanned, but natural! The little sun made out of powder in the middle is cute. This was also quite cheap. This is the best bronzing powder I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2004 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Londonfan

A real cheap price and a convincing bronze color WITHOUT any glitter/sparkles. I do not like glittery things in my bronzer as they accentuate my unperfect skin( with light acne scarring). My boyfriend usually spots makup on my skin, but with this product he compliments me on my healthy color...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2004 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Leighna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this since it came out pretty much because in my opinion it is the best bronzing powder around. And you just can't beat the price. You get a lot of it so it lasts and lasts. I have light skin so I buy it in "sun light" When applied to my forehead, chin, cheeks and a little on my nose and chest it gives a really natural looking glow. It freshens up your complexion wether or not you already have a tan, and gives it a sunkissed look. I think it's very easy to blend when I use a big blush/highlighter brush that I dab the powder onto and then use to build up the shade I want on my face. Plus the raised sun on top is really nice!