December 18, 2014 | 1605 users online

Bronzers - MAC - Matte Bronze

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 9:09:00 AM More reviews by LadyDarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good colour, adds a healthy glow, I always use this everyday in the warmer months. Have repurchased twice now.
Once I'm done I'm trying Refined Golden next. But Matte Bronze will always be my go to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Honestly, I like this bronzer. I do prefer matte to shimmer because with highlighters I can put the shimmer where I want it and not where I don't need it. It does provide a little bit of color to my tanned skin (MAC NC42/43) believe it or not. I add my blush and highlighter for the day and that's it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

HG. A little pricey ($22). Fragile.

Matte bronze has been almost an everyday requirement for me for about a year and a half. I’m nw15-20 (cool toned ppp) with, ahem, “dewy” (read: slightly oily but smooth) skin so face products with shimmer are usually a disaster for me and bronzers in particular often come across looking metallic on me (NARS Laguna). Matte Bronze is fairly brown, but as one who needs a little bit of pink/peach/orange in her bronzer, I don’t find that it’s too muddy. In addition, being fair, I highly appreciate how sheerly this can be applied. While I use it mainly for contouring and a sheer touch of color in the winter, admittedly, I also load it on in the summer with my fake tan and a little bit of blush on the cheeks…beautiful look. The fake tan alone doesn’t garner any complement, but the bronzer always does, with or without the fake tan or blush…people ask if I got some sun and that I look healthy. I feel like this is my “beauty powder”.

You must be careful with this compact…slide it into a secure pocket in your bag because it’s fragile. My suggestion would be if you love this stuff, have a new compact that you carry with you for touch ups as the powder is sturdier. The old compact with pan peeking through should be the stuff you leave at home and apply before you leave the house since it will be even more fragile than the new. I learned my lesson with that quickly after my first compact with about a dime’s worth of pan showing, shattered in my bag, of course, going everywhere…a lot of wasted product not to mention a mess to clean up.

I've just ordered my third compact...my second still has plenty of product but I've hit pan...so one compact lasts about 8 months or so for me. Much more reasonable than my previous HG: Guerlain's brunette bronzer...blonde was nice but the brunette is more pigmented so I can use less...but at $50...forget it....I like MAC's Matte Bronze better anyway (color, no parabens, more affordable and the back to MAC program).
continued >>

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by blankitababy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this used to be my all time fav, but it gives me a orangy apperance sometimes but its super pigmented and might not really work well on very fair skin this would be awesome from more tanner complexions

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 1:28:00 AM More reviews by laurx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this product! Let me just say that if you want to achieve a natural looking tan - this is your product. I go spray tanning weekly (yes, I know...but it looks natural believe it or not), and I usually get to a slightly lighter than olive color. This bronzer makes me look like I was just on vacation even as the tan fades. Literally, I can't even tell you how many times people have asked me where I went on vacation. I would never use anything that turned me orange. A must have!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by paintingitpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm really pale (NC15) and I don't really tan in the summer either, so I'm pretty much the same shade year round. This is the ONLY shade of bronzer that doesn't look orange on me. I have oily skin, so if I'm wearing a frosted bronzer I look like an orange disco ball. I love this because it looks great if I'm wearing it all over, but it is also a perfect contour shade on me.

When I use this to contour my cheek bones people will ask me if I've lost weight!

It also lasts me a long time, as I go through about one a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by resco

Fantastic. This product is so incredibly natural. Its texture is relatively soft and it gives a subtle bronze glow. Also, it goes on sheer and matte without those horrendous sparkly pieces that are commonly found in bronzers to enhance sheen. And best of all, there is also no fake orange look.This bronzer also works amazing as a contour. By layering the bronzer under the cheekbones, one can build a nice shadow in this area. As a result, it gives a beautiful and natural-looking shadow, which enhances the cheeks. Moreover, with much experimentation, I have noticed that this bronzer works well with nearly all shades of blushes. I conclude that it looks least attractive with light bubble-gum pink shades of blush. Lastly, the packaging is decent, but nothing spectacular.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by arikabh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful matte bronzer that applies a bit sheer, which is very nice since you can build up color rather than being very obvious. This bronzer is very silky and blends out very easily. I have yellow undertones and bronzers can be a bit tricky for my skin tone but this bronzer by MAC looks lovely and natural. I love applying this as a contour every day! I don't know what it is about this bronzer but it makes you look better. Your blush looks better when you use this as a contour. I just feel like this product really enhances my features and adds dimension to my face. I think this product is great and I would recommend this to anyone not using a contour powder already. Pop in a MAC store and try it out. The only thing is MAC bronzers are not the most stable compacts. Once you hit pan on this or if you drop the compact it will crumble.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2009 1:02:00 AM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish this was more brown.....i am so confused .....why is mine not that true brown that others have reviewed?
It also oxides pretty fast on me.

I bought it from MAC online store so it is authentic....so the color throws me.

It goes on nicely and did not cake.

For reference I am a NW15/NW20 combo in Sudio Tech Plus Foundation.

Well, I now bought Hoola and it is actually a little more true brown.
I just do not like any red or orange for my face. Though, Hoola is still not quite right either.Its a little flat taupey lighter tan. I want a true soft brown blush/bronzer. Wow, I know i am picky! Thats why I use Mac and OPI strictly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is a wondeful bronzer and a great contour since it dosn't contain any shimmer. The color is a natural looking bronze that dosn't look orangey or red on my NC30/C3 skintone. I sometimes use this as my bronzer when i want a more matte look or i'll use it to contour a little bit when i use my So Ceylon msf as a bronzer. This is LOVE :)