April 21, 2014 | 1821 users online

Bronzers - MAC - Matte Bronze

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by paintingitpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm really pale (NC15) and I don't really tan in the summer either, so I'm pretty much the same shade year round. This is the ONLY shade of bronzer that doesn't look orange on me. I have oily skin, so if I'm wearing a frosted bronzer I look like an orange disco ball. I love this because it looks great if I'm wearing it all over, but it is also a perfect contour shade on me.

When I use this to contour my cheek bones people will ask me if I've lost weight!

It also lasts me a long time, as I go through about one a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by resco

Fantastic. This product is so incredibly natural. Its texture is relatively soft and it gives a subtle bronze glow. Also, it goes on sheer and matte without those horrendous sparkly pieces that are commonly found in bronzers to enhance sheen. And best of all, there is also no fake orange look.This bronzer also works amazing as a contour. By layering the bronzer under the cheekbones, one can build a nice shadow in this area. As a result, it gives a beautiful and natural-looking shadow, which enhances the cheeks. Moreover, with much experimentation, I have noticed that this bronzer works well with nearly all shades of blushes. I conclude that it looks least attractive with light bubble-gum pink shades of blush. Lastly, the packaging is decent, but nothing spectacular.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by arikabh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful matte bronzer that applies a bit sheer, which is very nice since you can build up color rather than being very obvious. This bronzer is very silky and blends out very easily. I have yellow undertones and bronzers can be a bit tricky for my skin tone but this bronzer by MAC looks lovely and natural. I love applying this as a contour every day! I don't know what it is about this bronzer but it makes you look better. Your blush looks better when you use this as a contour. I just feel like this product really enhances my features and adds dimension to my face. I think this product is great and I would recommend this to anyone not using a contour powder already. Pop in a MAC store and try it out. The only thing is MAC bronzers are not the most stable compacts. Once you hit pan on this or if you drop the compact it will crumble.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2009 1:02:00 AM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish this was more brown.....i am so confused .....why is mine not that true brown that others have reviewed?
It also oxides pretty fast on me.

I bought it from MAC online store so it is authentic....so the color throws me.

It goes on nicely and did not cake.

For reference I am a NW15/NW20 combo in Sudio Tech Plus Foundation.

Well, I now bought Hoola and it is actually a little more true brown.
I just do not like any red or orange for my face. Though, Hoola is still not quite right either.Its a little flat taupey lighter tan. I want a true soft brown blush/bronzer. Wow, I know i am picky! Thats why I use Mac and OPI strictly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is a wondeful bronzer and a great contour since it dosn't contain any shimmer. The color is a natural looking bronze that dosn't look orangey or red on my NC30/C3 skintone. I sometimes use this as my bronzer when i want a more matte look or i'll use it to contour a little bit when i use my So Ceylon msf as a bronzer. This is LOVE :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Giannina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Perfect for contouring!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2009 12:54:00 PM More reviews by tammallama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This bronzer is pretty amazing! I love that it goes on very sheer and is virtually foolproof. It gives the perfect matte bronzed color with zero orange, I cannot be without!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 2:33:00 AM More reviews by withdiamonds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you've read any of my other reviews, you might know that I am no fan of shimmery products. I like my face to have a nice, matte finish. This product is called "matte bronze" so when I bought it, I expected the obvious. This is a true, matte brown that gives a natural bronzed look. My color shifts frequently throughout the year and I find that this product always works very nicely no matter what color I am. I find that being around an NC20 can be a little TOO light, but other than that, it is a lovely bronzer!! Watch out though, MAC's powders are fragile!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 8:55:00 PM More reviews by jt58612

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got this and I love it. The color is a rich true brown and is nicely pigmented. I use it to contour my round face and it's so perfectly natural. I prefer natural looking makeup and so this is great for me. I use the 168 brush to apply. I don't think that it would make a very good bronzer due to the fact that it lacks sparkle, but that's just my own opinion.
______________________________________
NC40, Black Hair, Brown Eyes, Combination Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 3:16:00 AM More reviews by jod84

I LOVE THIS, its the best Bronzer ive ever used it looks so natural......i wear this over my normal makeup to give me some colour and my skin looks clear with a nice summer glow, i'll defo buy this again!!