October 24, 2014 | 1622 users online

Self Tanners - Bare Escentuals - Faux Tan

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 11:13:00 AM More reviews by MakeMeUpToo

I use both the powder faux tan and the self-tanning, liquid faux tan and love them both! The powder faux tan is perfect for darkening my foundation to the exact right color for me, no matter what time of year it is. And the liquid faux tan leaves a beautiful, non-streaking, natural color on my skin. It does need a moisturizer added later though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 1:08:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like that this is matte not shimmery and shiny. In the pot it looks brown and uninteresting, but the tiniest bit warms up my skin (better than Warmth) with a subtle bronze. I find that Warmth has reddish-brown (rust) undertones, while this has more golden-brown (bronze) undertones. It takes a while to get the hang of applying a bronzer, but itís worth it (I like to apply it to my forehead, tops of my cheeks, across my nose and juts barely on my chin). As with all BE, a little bit goes a long way; and the packaging it terrible, so be careful when opening. I will buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by californiagrl

Let me first start by saying that I read MakeupAlley reviews religiously but there was never really a product that made me want to write one myself...until now!

I recently tried BE's Faux tan and I am in LOVE!!! I read a bunch of reviews before buying it but was still pretty skeptical since I never really had a good experience with other self tanners.

My routine (I only did my legs):
1) exfoliated & shaved
2) moisturized all over (heavily on knees, ankles, feet)
3) used gloves to apply, while also using Suave lotion to help blend
4) took off gloves and blended all over with my hands
5) waited about 15 mins and put on loose pajama pants
6) woke up the next day and took a shower

RESULT: beautiful, EVEN, realistic, golden tan! Absolutely no streaking and even looks real on ankles.

I used lotion while applying Faux Tan because I was scared at how it was looking on my legs... I guess it's just the color guide, but it was looking SCARY...super streaky and dark!

I would only use this the night before, I definitely think it needs to set over night and washed off in the morning to achieve a golden, even-looking tan. I was nervous how it would turn out after I applied it but it was gorgeous the next day.... This is the BEST and most natural looking fake tan out there. I will keep buying this as long as they keep making it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by LadyLustre

I just purchased Bare Escentuals Faux Tan based off of the reviews from MakeupAlley which were pretty positive. I am very fair skinned and usually use Jergens but wanted something with more punch that I could see in a day or two. I used this yesterday but when I was working out today I was sweating off color from my face and body! And in the shower the water rubbed some off.

Am I doing something wrong?! I want to like this but how do I get it to stay?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by juliarchy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have tried a lot of self tanners. I got this one from QVC with an applicator kabuki body brush. I love it. It takes longer to apply than others, but I do it at night and sleep in it and when I wash it off in the morning it is very even. The brush helps to really blend it properly. I got the big bottle from QVC at a bargain price and will get it again in 6 months at the same price. If you can buy it this way, I would do it! It smells just fine, and the color isn't orangey. It doesn't wear off great, but if you keep it up with moisturizing, exfoliating and redoing it every few days, then it should stay looking pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by ToriDee888

Love this!!! I use this and Nars Laguna bronzer all the time. It's this amazing true brown based bronzer with a tad of shimmer. It gives your skin this healthy just back from the islands glow. I love that it can be applied lightly for a glow or heavy for a contoured look. It never goes orangey on me and I love that this is good for my skin. Love this brand! Wll def buy again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by AuntieL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best self tanner EVER! My third summer using this and I won't ever go back.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Bubbles1985

I have tried a lot of self tanners, but the bare escentuals one is the only one that doesn't make my skin break out. Gives a nice color without the "orangy" undertones, and works quite well on my fair-medium skin. I use this a couple of times a week and I never feel too pale or too "self-tanned"

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by 3buzyboyz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am completely addicted to this product. I've seen it on QVC for years but thought it would be too much for my fair skin. Last summer I tried the faux tan body moisturizer (and love it) so this summer I decided to try this. I am hooked. It does take a it longer to dry than I think it should (minus 1 lippie for that), however I have found that by not applying a body lotion before I put this on it helps. I don't think this product has much of an odor. It does look a little "rose-orange" when it's first applied, but when it's rinsed off the next morning in the shower you are left with a gorgeous and completely believable tan.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by talibear

The BEST color you can get. I am in love with this stuff, 1000% times over.

The tint is a little dark (only on my face though. I use this on face-with NO issues besides the color initially being a bit too much), but once rinsed it's an AMAZING looking tan. So real looking and olive and lovely. I'm an NW15 and get compliments on my tan when I wear this, and sometimes I put on more because I think it's faded, but really I've just gotten used to how FT makes me look and thought it was naturally my skin color! Does that make sense?

I don't know what else to say. Sure, it could last a little longer. And when you layer it on dry areas it can smear/pull a little funny that takes some lotion to correct. But it doesn't smell bad for MANY hours (later in the day and even after showering it does have tan smell, but not too bad I suppose.)

Basically you're tan immediately--no waiting for developing thanks to the immediate tint. It keeps you covered while the "real" tan develops!

It's just an amazing self tanner. Natural looking, instant color, lasts about 3 days, can be used on face, etc.

I use 1 parts lotion to 2 parts faux tan on body, and 1:1 lotion on face. I think this helps it spread nicely without diluting the color result. With gloves it slips around too much, but with a brush you lose some product into the brush. I don't have an issue with getting it off my hands if I wash immediately and vigorously, so that's the ideal method IMO.

Pump works just fine (I've bought the big daddy version twice), packaging is simple, and price is a bit high, but its well made and worth it.

I LOVE FAUX TAN!!!