April 24, 2014 | 1828 users online

Cleansers - Dove - Essential Nutrients Cleansing Pillows

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2004 2:06:00 AM More reviews by imaladybug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very handy for travel. Pleasant scent that diffuses quickly. Excellent exfoliating side & the soft side is good for removing eye make-up. Pillows can be used at least twice because they are heavily infused w/ cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2004 7:48:00 PM More reviews by anneh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Can we talk? We're just not working out. It's not you, it's me. I have oily, acne-prone skin. I should have known we weren't compatible. Don't get me wrong--I think you're great. But you need to be with someone who can appreciate your moisturizing qualities, someone who needs a gentle, non-drying cleanser. I'm really looking for something that can keep my pimples at bay. I'd still like to use you every once in a while, when I need to give my skin a break from its salicylic acid routine. What do you say- can we make that work? No strings attached?

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2004 12:04:00 AM More reviews by maimai

This product is filled with cons. First, it is strongly fragranced. Secondly, I can never get a nice lather from it. I've tried varying the time I run water on it, but fail everytime. Lastly, it dried out my skin (sensitive/combination leaning towards dry). Overall, this product is too gimicky for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2004 7:21:00 PM More reviews by daisyduke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There are alot of things I don't like about this product. I understand they were supposed to have fixed the problem of the soap leaking out of the seams, well it still does. The exfoliating side of the pillow did not feel like it was exfoliating anything, and the worst thing, the perfumey smell. Enough said

rated 2 of 5 on 2/29/2004 2:27:00 AM More reviews by oomisstrinaoo

Pretty convenient, but I cant seem to get my puffs to lather how I wanted them too .. and also when I get my pillow to puff up with water and then put it on my forhead it tends to drip into my eyes .. not a great experience .. not highly recommended.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2004 3:39:00 PM More reviews by sillysilly

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These were awful for me. I bought them before a trip, thinking they'd be a great convenient way to clean my face. NOT! They didn't get my face clean, and were not really convenient. Maybe they'd be better for drier skinned people, but definitely not if you have oilier skin. Also, I did not find them the least bit exfoliating. A threadbare washcloth would work better, and be cheaper, AND you wouldn't be pooping on the environment by using a disposable product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2004 2:38:00 PM More reviews by sienna0202

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I couldn't wait to try these out when I saw them advertized. What a waste of money!!!! They hardly puff up at all like they claim and then it turns into this little sudsy, soapy thing. The textured side isn't that textured and I just thought it was awful. Shame on Dove for making this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2004 10:39:00 PM More reviews by sherryah9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i'm an oily skinned person, and when i use these pillows i like that i can really tell that they do remove all the excess oiliness. i also love the gentle exfoliation, they seem to clean somewhat deeply without over drying or irritating. there is a LOT of soap in these little pads, probably more than there should be. they really do puff up alot when you wet them and the soap expands the pillow. when you hold the dry pad up to light you can see through them and see that they are half full of soap inside, and you could really wash your face three times with that much. i ended up washing/rinshing most of the extra soap out of the pad before using it. but i like the overall results, they clean well, haven't broke me out, and are very convient. i like the idea of this and other products where it's always a completely clean material touching your face and you toss it after. in my mind that keeps you from using a washcloth or something that might have bateria built up on it. they are a bit pricey (about $12 at my walmart), i think i'd buy them on sale or with a coupon, but not sure i'd buy them at full cost. they're good, but i don't know if they are worth that price tag. if i'm going to spend that much i think i'd rather buy my department store cleanser. not sure though, i might rebuy them later. i'm giving it another lipstick because after using them a week or so, my skin looks great! beautiful even tone, no blemishes, no more clogged pores (and i always had some stubborn ones i couldn't get clean, and this stuff has completely taken care of them, no more clogged pores! my pores even look much smaller!!!) plus, my walmart just lowered the price, so now a new box is only $5.44 and they are definately worth more than that. i know i'll rebuy them now. they might even be on the way to HG status. after using these cleanser pillows, i might even leave the house without foundation! my skin looks that good now!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2004 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Lisacarmel

Well these are admittedly an indulgence because they are pricey for a disposeable item. I buy them at Costco where you get 90 pillows for 9.99 so thats a good deal but its still sort of wasteful cuz you can't possibly use all the product to just wash your face. Still, I love these for the convenience and when I just hate to wash my face with my regular cleanser (read: lazy) They are great for traveling and store nicely in a small compact that comes with it. I had an overnight guest over and I just gave her one of these to wash up before bed and she loved it. I dont bother with the right temps or anything, cuz I still need to apply a separate cleanser for my eye makeup. All in All I still like these little indulgences.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2004 2:11:00 AM More reviews by msjene

Humbug, but works. I use it twice a week or when my skin feels icky. Leaves skin super smooth. I use the Cream Cleanser otherwise. Love this line.