April 21, 2014 | 912 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Almond Oil Daily Hand & Nail Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2008 4:08:00 PM More reviews by crazyfrog13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! It leaves my hands feeling soft and silky; perfect for the dry winter weather. It sinks into the skin relatively quickly, so I don't have to walk around with greasy hands for an hour after applying. The smell is a bit odd, but it is subtle and fades quickly. I don't know if this stuff does anything for the nails, but it's a great hand cream and that's enough for me. I will probably repurchase, though the price is a bit steep.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2007 6:09:00 AM More reviews by misskhan

After living for two years in the desert my hands were dry and chapped...the skin was literally flaky and rough! I had enough, then i visited the body shop site and saw this cream...went to get it immediately.

Was a little put of by the smell it's all "almondy" but I really didnt care about the smell at that time I just wanted my soft hands back!

Have been using this cream for 5 months now have gotten used to the smell and i simply LOVE it...my hands are softer than before and people have complimented me on my soft hands and strong nails :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2007 5:10:00 PM More reviews by deepta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This hand cream is really great! It comes out really thick and then spreads beautifully leaving your hands super soft. The smell is nice too; it has the pleasant almond/marzipan smell but it's not as overpowering as Burt's Bees Almond Milk Cream. I took off a lippie because of the price. Granted, TBS isn't a drugstore, but CAN$15 is a bit much for hand cream when there's probably a drugstore equivalent. If you don't mind shelling out the few extra bucks for soft hands, this is amazing. Otherwise, try Johnson's Extra Care hand cream or Nivea's hand cream (I didn't like vaseline, it smelled so plastic-y).

Who knows...maybe this cream will go on sale soon!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2007 9:32:00 AM More reviews by monstro

Wasn't too impressed by this as the texture seemed nice and creamy at first. But it didn't seem to soothe my dry cracked cuticles. Had to keep reapplying, and yet it didn't do the trick for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2006 3:58:00 PM More reviews by ShortBlondeTwink

I love this stuff. Starting in the fall my hands get very dry and flaky, which then turns into pain. This stuff helped the very first time I put it on. It smells amazing too, but not overwhelming. My nails also do seem stronger and shinier than before. I'm definitely going to buy this again. My only complaint is that it is a little oily sometimes, especially if you use it more often than you need to.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2006 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Kristineh

This is the best hand cream out there. Smells incredible and gives good moisture. The tube isn't the prettiest, but the price is fair enough for such a good product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2006 4:17:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

On the fence about this product. As a hand cream, it's great - it feels greasy for five minutes, but absorbs nicely, and does leave the hands feeling baby soft. To add the promise that it will be a good cream for nails is just stretching it. The scent is nice, although it can be a little overwhelming (and I love almond scents - perhaps I've just outgrown TBS' version?). No repurchase - at $16 CDN, I can find better at a cheaper price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2006 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Hitsumei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of the best hand creams I have ever used, I always get comments on how nice it smells. I work in an office and handle a lot of paper so I need something caring yet quickly absorbing so I can keep working without greasy hands. This is a beautiful conditioning handcream, I love having such soft hands ^^

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2006 6:20:00 PM More reviews by get_the_lipstick_free

I really like the feel of this product, although I think it is a bit pricey. Guess I am more of a wal-mart shopper. But it feels good and has not made my hands feel chapped and if it goes on sale would most likely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2006 8:01:00 AM More reviews by jessikanikole

a little expensive, but it does a nice job. it also smells really nice.
an addendum: the body shop is now owned by l'oreal- animal testing subterfuge, owned in large part by nestle: actively promoting infant formula to impoverished nations. those who shopped body shop for their ethics should go elsewhere- i am.