December 18, 2014 | 1839 users online

At a Glance:
Price: RM39.90 / US$16
Website: thebodyshop.com
Weight: 100ml / 3.4 US FL OZ
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Dicetyl Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Yellow 6.

Product Description

Enjoy lasting softness with a rich, moisturizing hand cream that has panthenol to make nails more flexible and prevent splitting.

Actual Product Pic:

My $0.02:

Texture & Taste:

This handcream spreads beautifully, hence i only need a small amount (slightly smaller than a 5 sen coin) to cover both hands. The cream sinks right into your skin, but be careful not too apply too much product else it can get really goopy and oily! I do not recommend biting your nails or sucking on your fingers after putting this in your mouth because the taste is rather nasty (and believe me the horrible perfumey smell stays in your mouth for eons!)! Scent wise it smells like almond / marzipan which i'm not a fan of, but have gotten used to it.

Packaging:

This cream comes in a flip top squeeze tube, which is excellent cuz it's hygenic and you can easily control the amount you want! :)

Time Test:
My hands felt moisturized for up to 6 hours. I do feel the need to reapply after 3 hand washes or more.

Price & Availability:
At RM39.90 / US$16, methinks that it is rather reasonable. As with most TBS products, the portion you get is generous, so you're getting your money's worth. This is available at all TBS brick & mortar shops, as well as their official website (thebodyshop.com).

Usage:
I apply this twice a day, once after the first time i wash my hands / finish doing the household chores during the day, and one more time before i sleep. I also massage some of it into my rough, peeling cuticles.

In a Nutshell:

An idiotproof hand cream and delivers what it promises! It healed my ugly rough cuticles and restored my really dry hands! :)

Likes: Moisturizes hands effectively, smooths out rough cuticles, excellent packaging, absorbs into skin quickly
Gripes: Problem comes back after you stop using it (but i guess that's the case with most products?)
Repurchase: Yes, but as with all product freaks i want to try out others first before coming back to this!

Rating: ! 4.5 Stars! Near HG Stuff!

Credits: Product photo from thebodyshop.com continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2008 6:37:00 PM More reviews by serendipity1988

I work on a farm and handle horses and so I am constantly looking for something to hydrate my super dry hands. After reading the reviews on here I decided to try this for myself. Although not as intense as I need while I am at work, when I have a couple days' break of work, my hands are thoroughly moisturized! Between this and Fruits and Passions' hand butters, my hands are beginning to retain a bit of its own moisture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2008 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Eleanor_The_Cute

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. A little bit goes a long way and it absorbs super fast. The sweet almond scent is not overpowering (it doesn't make me smell like a cookie) and I prefer it to most of the other hand creams I've tried which usually have super strong scents that overpower my perfume. This does not leave my hands greasy or covered with residue-feeling gunk. My hands feel soft and smooth. I'm planning on buying two more of these, next time I go to The Body Shop, to keep in my purse and my desk.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2008 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Arbuz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very dry hands and irritated skin (I'm a nurse...). This hand cream doesn't make wonders, but its god. I need to reapply it often så it doesn't last long. Absorbs easy, but it doesn't give enough moisture and nutrition to my hands... Hemp works much better for me.
The thing I really like about it is that it makes cuticle look very-very nice and it looks like my nails has got much stronger and grow faster after I've started using this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 1:20:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This light, well absorbing hand cream makes my hands soft and they look much better, as they were looking pretty dry & ragged. It smells like almonds to me, but the smell isn't very strong so it doesn't bother me. It costs $14 for 3.4 ounces which is a bit much, and it does not offer spf protection. I might buy again if on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by hulagrrl83

I love this hand creme. It is light feeling and soaks in well, but also moisturized just as well as some of my "thicker" hand creams. Smells awsome!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2008 4:08:00 PM More reviews by crazyfrog13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! It leaves my hands feeling soft and silky; perfect for the dry winter weather. It sinks into the skin relatively quickly, so I don't have to walk around with greasy hands for an hour after applying. The smell is a bit odd, but it is subtle and fades quickly. I don't know if this stuff does anything for the nails, but it's a great hand cream and that's enough for me. I will probably repurchase, though the price is a bit steep.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2007 6:09:00 AM More reviews by misskhan

After living for two years in the desert my hands were dry and chapped...the skin was literally flaky and rough! I had enough, then i visited the body shop site and saw this cream...went to get it immediately.

Was a little put of by the smell it's all "almondy" but I really didnt care about the smell at that time I just wanted my soft hands back!

Have been using this cream for 5 months now have gotten used to the smell and i simply LOVE it...my hands are softer than before and people have complimented me on my soft hands and strong nails :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2007 5:10:00 PM More reviews by deepta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This hand cream is really great! It comes out really thick and then spreads beautifully leaving your hands super soft. The smell is nice too; it has the pleasant almond/marzipan smell but it's not as overpowering as Burt's Bees Almond Milk Cream. I took off a lippie because of the price. Granted, TBS isn't a drugstore, but CAN$15 is a bit much for hand cream when there's probably a drugstore equivalent. If you don't mind shelling out the few extra bucks for soft hands, this is amazing. Otherwise, try Johnson's Extra Care hand cream or Nivea's hand cream (I didn't like vaseline, it smelled so plastic-y).

Who knows...maybe this cream will go on sale soon!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2007 9:32:00 AM More reviews by monstro

Wasn't too impressed by this as the texture seemed nice and creamy at first. But it didn't seem to soothe my dry cracked cuticles. Had to keep reapplying, and yet it didn't do the trick for me.