October 26, 2014 | 1493 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Almond Oil Daily Hand & Nail Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2008 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Eleanor_The_Cute

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. A little bit goes a long way and it absorbs super fast. The sweet almond scent is not overpowering (it doesn't make me smell like a cookie) and I prefer it to most of the other hand creams I've tried which usually have super strong scents that overpower my perfume. This does not leave my hands greasy or covered with residue-feeling gunk. My hands feel soft and smooth. I'm planning on buying two more of these, next time I go to The Body Shop, to keep in my purse and my desk.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2008 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Arbuz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very dry hands and irritated skin (I'm a nurse...). This hand cream doesn't make wonders, but its god. I need to reapply it often så it doesn't last long. Absorbs easy, but it doesn't give enough moisture and nutrition to my hands... Hemp works much better for me.
The thing I really like about it is that it makes cuticle look very-very nice and it looks like my nails has got much stronger and grow faster after I've started using this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 1:20:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This light, well absorbing hand cream makes my hands soft and they look much better, as they were looking pretty dry & ragged. It smells like almonds to me, but the smell isn't very strong so it doesn't bother me. It costs $14 for 3.4 ounces which is a bit much, and it does not offer spf protection. I might buy again if on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by hulagrrl83

I love this hand creme. It is light feeling and soaks in well, but also moisturized just as well as some of my "thicker" hand creams. Smells awsome!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2008 4:08:00 PM More reviews by crazyfrog13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! It leaves my hands feeling soft and silky; perfect for the dry winter weather. It sinks into the skin relatively quickly, so I don't have to walk around with greasy hands for an hour after applying. The smell is a bit odd, but it is subtle and fades quickly. I don't know if this stuff does anything for the nails, but it's a great hand cream and that's enough for me. I will probably repurchase, though the price is a bit steep.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2007 6:09:00 AM More reviews by misskhan

After living for two years in the desert my hands were dry and chapped...the skin was literally flaky and rough! I had enough, then i visited the body shop site and saw this cream...went to get it immediately.

Was a little put of by the smell it's all "almondy" but I really didnt care about the smell at that time I just wanted my soft hands back!

Have been using this cream for 5 months now have gotten used to the smell and i simply LOVE it...my hands are softer than before and people have complimented me on my soft hands and strong nails :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2007 5:10:00 PM More reviews by deepta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This hand cream is really great! It comes out really thick and then spreads beautifully leaving your hands super soft. The smell is nice too; it has the pleasant almond/marzipan smell but it's not as overpowering as Burt's Bees Almond Milk Cream. I took off a lippie because of the price. Granted, TBS isn't a drugstore, but CAN$15 is a bit much for hand cream when there's probably a drugstore equivalent. If you don't mind shelling out the few extra bucks for soft hands, this is amazing. Otherwise, try Johnson's Extra Care hand cream or Nivea's hand cream (I didn't like vaseline, it smelled so plastic-y).

Who knows...maybe this cream will go on sale soon!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2007 9:32:00 AM More reviews by monstro

Wasn't too impressed by this as the texture seemed nice and creamy at first. But it didn't seem to soothe my dry cracked cuticles. Had to keep reapplying, and yet it didn't do the trick for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2006 3:58:00 PM More reviews by ShortBlondeTwink

I love this stuff. Starting in the fall my hands get very dry and flaky, which then turns into pain. This stuff helped the very first time I put it on. It smells amazing too, but not overwhelming. My nails also do seem stronger and shinier than before. I'm definitely going to buy this again. My only complaint is that it is a little oily sometimes, especially if you use it more often than you need to.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2006 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Kristineh

This is the best hand cream out there. Smells incredible and gives good moisture. The tube isn't the prettiest, but the price is fair enough for such a good product.