October 31, 2014 | 810 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Parys

It seems I am always the one to hate HGs the masses swear by, and here's another....
As much as I wanted to love this, I loathed it. It went on like orange chalk with tons of fallout on my nc25 skin. I'm looking for more of a brown, I don't want to look like a Jersey Shore reincarnate.

My hunt continues for the perfect (cheap) bronzer! :-(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is hands down one of the best bronzers I have ever used.
The price is insane, I believe I got this for $3 cdn.
I take my ELF contour brush and dip this in and use it to contour my cheeks and around my forehead.
The only downside I have is that I have to use a lot of product so that it shows up on my face.
I would repurchase this because I find it's the best bronzer (so far) out there for me and I love how it makes my skin glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by BubblegumKisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an awesome bronzer! Its full on matte- no shimmer or glitter. I love to use this because it doesn't look like dirt on my face. It's not too dark or orange either, very natural looking. I especially love this during the winter, it gives me a nice glow without looking fake. I've had this for like 4 years now, and I've started to hit pan! so i will soon be going to the store to buy like 10 more of these. Also, the price- this is SO inexpensive!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

My face and neck have 2 different shades. My face is a lot lighter and I wear Lioele triple the solution bb cream that comes in one shade. So I always put on matte bronzer to warm up my complexion. This bronzer can look orange on fair skin or if you have cool undertone to avoid this you will have to apply it with a light hand but because I have a yellow warm undertone even if I layer it heavy the orange brown shade will just look like my tan summer shade. I don't think this bronzer will show up if you're an nc 35 or higher. I also don't use this to contour because I believe a contour shade needs to be a cool tone but of course to each is own. The packaging could be better but for the price I paid I can deal with it,I bought mine from target for less than $3. I will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by karinebibou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PRIX a REVOIR

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Mmmel

My skin color is light to medium and this does not show up on my face at all. I try to swatch it with my finger and it's as though I rubbed my finger on translucent powder. I tried to love it like the YouTube gurus do but it does nothing for me. The packaging is nice but is not durable. However, it was less than $3!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This...this can't be.
99.99% of bronzers I try turn orange on me. Whether in 5 minutes or 5 hours, it's bound to happen at some point. The top reviews for this all point a finger at this bronzer and scream "ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE!!!"
So why in makeup's name did I pick it up? Curiosity, I suppose. I'm also very stubborn, and, based on the rating this bronzer has, figured there's a chance it could work for me, however slim it may be. It's only $2 anyways. Even for a college student, that's cheap.
But I was still too hesitant to try it out. Bronzer is one of the last steps in my face routine, and if turned into Snooki, I would have to start over, or figure out a way to rock the Oompa Loompa look all day. So I waited till the evening when it would be too dark for anyone to care, and in the lighting of my room, gave it a shot.
Okay...wow, that's pretty good. No orange so far, just looks like bronzer should. Nice, but I should give it some time. It's gonna oxidize, I just know it.
A movie party and a game of Apple to Apples later (because college students are adults, as I'm sure you can tell), I checked again. Still no orange. Was it the lighting? Had to be. I tested it out the next day, checking it out in artificial and natural lighting. No sign of an Oompa Loompa face. I even asked one of my guy friends...
Me: Hey, does my face look orange to you?
Him: Wha...oh, no. Why?
Me: Trying out a new bronzer.
Him: Okay, what's bronzer?
Okay, it was time to admit it, I wasn't going to get a Snooki face from using Sunny. I found this so surprising. I have a bad history with bronzers. Heck, Sunny even looked like it was gonna turn orange on me in the pan, so what happened?
Well...I'm not sure. But for a girl whose spent some time looking for a good, non orangey bronzer (and found...maybe 2 worth keeping) this is a pleasant surprise. Being that I'm pale and cool-toned, the fact that Sunny worked for me and not the other tanner more yellow-toned reviewers could point to why this bronzer stayed trough to it's bronzy hues.
It's not perfect, but that's just fine. Blending takes some time, and the packaging is...well, it's what you'd expect. I wouldn't cry or bemoan NYC if it was ever discontinued, but I would, however, ask those people how on earth they created a bronzer that would only work for people who bronzer rarely works on.
Whether its through makeup voodoo or the right undertones, either way, I'll take it.

7 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutTheGlamLife

I love it, although it can be a bit orange...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by 6lex10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Currently I use a high end bronzer in the $30 range, so I wanted to try out something cheap in price from the drugstore. I wanted to love this product after hearing all the raves on YouTube, but It fell short from my expectations. First the perks of this product. . . The packaging is really nice, but sometimes the compact doesn't close all the way. The price is fantastic!!! It's so cheap. Out of all the drugstore bronzers I've tried this has the best color to it, not to red and not to orange.
Now for the downsides. . . It does nothing to bronze up my face at all. This was really surprising to me because I'm only a NC20. I have to scrape the product to get a slight amount of color. Maybe this was just my experience with it, I don't know. For now though I'll stick with my Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer.

EDIT: I don't know what changed, but I love this bronzer!!! I find myself gravitating towards this bronzer over my highend ones. It is a very flattering, natural looking, sunkissed color.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is an excellent quality for the price. I have pretty fair neutral/warm skin, and this looks great as a contour. THIS IS MATTE. I really do not understand why some reviewers are saying this has shimmer in it. There is no shimmer, shine, sheen, sparkle, nothing. I like this because it is lighter than my NARS laguna, so I don't have to be as precise when I apply it if I'm in a rush. This has warm undertones, so on some people it might turn out orangey. If you have cool skin, you might want to splurge on Benefit's Hoola. It has gray undertones so it won't be orangey at all. The packaging is pretty bad, but it was only $3 so that's ok. I threw out the sponge that came with it. I apply this with a Sephora pro contour brush (#74).