December 22, 2014 | 1694 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fascinating

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2009 3:23:00 AM More reviews by tigerkim345

i bought this for my waterline, doesnt stay too well

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2009 5:42:00 PM More reviews by annak5506

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this for my water line and I like it. I'm not in love with it but its pretty good. It has good staying power. There really isn't much else to say about it

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by maconmyface

This is a basic, matte white kohl pencil. It is quite soft, so it blends easily and does not tug on the skin. This is great to highlight under the arch of the eyebrow, or inner corner of the eyes. Also makes you look brighter if you line your bottom waterline with it. Photo included...

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 8:06:00 PM More reviews by cortneyrozell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE IT. works perfectly. i dont understand how others could have problems with it. i am a makeup artist, and this is a must have for anyone. i use it to highlight my browbone and waterline. stays on all day, no smudging or traveling. goes on smooth, stays bright. makes me look awake and my eyes pop!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2008 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Inchworm

Fascinating Eye Kohl is a creamy white eyeliner pencil. I often use it on my lower waterline, which brightens the eye area and makes my eyes look larger. Mac's pencils have a great consistency that is neither too soft nor too hard; they don't pull and drag on your skin, but they're not so soft as to be all messy, either. HIGHLY recommended!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 6:49:00 PM More reviews by yuckyuks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I purchased this because MAC is a fantastic line, but this eye kohl doesn't live up to the rest of the brand. I started using this four years ago thinking that a white liner is a white liner and you couldn't do better than MAC. Now I know that you can, and for cheaper! (At least when it comes to this liner.)

This review is specific for people using this liner to line the bottom inner rim of their eyes. In a sense, a white liner IS a white liner - it brightens like I wanted it to. The texture is smudegable, and maybe that's the fatal mistake. It lasts on the inner rim, but always seeps out the sides so I have a weird white smudgie on the outside corners of my eyes. This is not the look I am going for. Besides, the line that remains on the inside doesn't look particularly good - it's better than no white liner, as I've come to depend on it, but my Prestige liner looks better. Somehow, it illuminates my eye way more.

This eyeliner isn't terrible. I am by no means cheap about my makeup and will shell out for products that are worth it - it's my one and only face, after all. But when drugstore eyeliners that cost $4 or less can do an equal or better job at brightening and widening my eyes, I won't buy this for $15. If it weren't for the price, I'd give this a 4-star rating. It's good enough to please a lot of people and each pencil has lasted me a really long time, but now that I've finally tested other waters I'll never go back. This is by no means a "holy grail" item. For the comparatively outrageous price, I give this one 3 stars. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2008 5:55:00 PM More reviews by xMengox

Ok, so I had to go back a rewrite this review. I actually really like this product. I use it on my waterline. Sure it doesn't last ALL day, but I didn't expect it to. I'm almost out so I must go buy another one. Although, the Rimmel Soft Kohl in Pure white does just as good a job if you need something comparable that doesn't cost this much.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2008 11:24:00 PM More reviews by LaBellaLisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I love this for highlighting my brow. I don't really use this to line my eyes at all. I draw a line along the bottom of my eyebrows and then blend it out with a 252 brush and apply a highlight shadow over it.... Instant FIERCE eyebrows!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2008 1:18:00 AM More reviews by sarahspence87

I always had to use some junky wet n wild liner but gave up and dint try that wide eyed doll look. but with this it shows up well and isnt like rubbing invisibible color on til it slowly builds up after 100 years. loves it!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by frootloop75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought fascinating to line my bottom lash line. Like other reviewers, I have noticed that it is very pigmented and can look a little scary if you go overboard. It doesn't blend well on me, which is a shame because other eye kohls do. I did buy this because it was MAC - like another reviewer....

When I finish this, I will have a look at other brands.