September 21, 2014 | 1894 users online

Shampoo - Bumble & Bumble - Seaweed Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2005 1:12:00 AM More reviews by laineypsu

I have found my HG shampoo! I have never been happier with my hair. I find it difficult to find products to take care of my hair since I have fine hair, and oily roots but dry ends. This shampoo detangles and leaves my hair nice and manageable without weighing it down and making it look greasy. I guess the formulation of this shampoo is "standard" but it does great things to my hair! As for the scent, I really disliked it at first, but it really grew on my and now I love it. If you have any easy time finding inexpensive shampoos that work for you this product might not be worth the extra expense, but I am so glad I found it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2005 1:35:00 AM More reviews by elvedon

My hair--oily roots, dry ends--loves this shampoo! It's simple and gentle, and used on alternate days with Sebastian conditioner doesn't strip away the goodness Aveda's pigmenting Clove hair stuff works. I've never been happier with my hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2005 10:38:00 PM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bumble & Bumble's 'seaweed shampoo' was pretty average. I don't find it more moisturizing on my dry hair than Herbal Essence, but it costs 3 or 4 times as much, so I can't justify paying such pretty pennies for an average product meant for daily use. The scent is pretty mediocre as well, because Bumble & Bumble seems to save the most delicious scents for its specialty shampoos (among which I would recommend 'creme de coco' and 'sunday').

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2005 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Saydee

Oh How I love this shampoo!!!! I have fine hair, but there's alot of it. I am also color-treated, and this shampoo is the best thing I've ever gotten for my hair. What a treat! It smells.. interesting. It's not a bad smell at all, it's just different than most shampoos. It's quite herbal, but soft and not overpowering at all. It cleans your hair wonderfully but does not strip it and make it dry and tangled. After shampooing with this shampoo, I don't even really need a conditioner, but use it anyway for extra moisture because I blow dry and flat iron. This shampoo is the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2005 12:52:00 PM More reviews by nlam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

if i could afford this regularly, i'd definitely buy again. really subtle and original fresh scent, lathers well and rinses clean. leaves my normal type asian hair shiny and smooth, without weighing it down. i love the b&B packaging, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2005 10:12:00 PM More reviews by hollynicole

I love this simply because I can share it with the husband, thus justifying the egregious amount I pay for my hair to smell like sushi and have the wherewithal to stand up to my straight-iron. It turns bathwater green if you let it sit, though - that's a little weird!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2005 7:24:00 PM More reviews by clementay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this shampoo! I have fine, highlighted hair (but lots of it) and this shampoo moisturizes, but doesn't weigh it down. It lathers well without stripping the colour or overdrying my hair and also adds a lot of shine. I really like the smell a lot too. It lets me go a few days without washing my hair and doesn't leave it all greasy (since you're not supposed to wash your hair everyday). It is expensive, but i think it's worth it. Definitely a good purchase!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2004 5:10:00 PM More reviews by edie4711

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to love Bumble and bumble. I felt that their products were effective and worth the unbelievable prices they ask for them. But then something...happened. I think it was last year. I felt their products declined in quality even as the number of products in the line increased. What happened? Did they get sold? Was it a hostile corporate takeover? Jyhad, perhaps? I have no idea. Marketing mayhem, I guess.

WRT this Seaweed shampoo: It lathers well. That's about the only good thing I can say about it based on my experience with it. It stripped my usually shiny, healthy hair and left it tangled and dull. (The conditioner in the same scent is even worse, but that review doesn't belong here in the shampoo section.) The smell was okay, a bit medicinal. I've been using this shampoo as a body wash just to get rid of it, although it's killing me to use such a heinously expensive shampoo in such a fashion. Boo hiss to this one.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2004 4:37:00 PM More reviews by virginiachick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this shampoo. Its gentle, smells nice and leaves my hair protected. Its a great find.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2004 11:20:00 PM More reviews by stinie2000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite everyday shampoo...Quite simple, clean, wonderful smell..My hair seems too healthy to curl with heat lately, (There could be worse things!)