September 18, 2014 | 1376 users online

Brows - BeneFit Cosmetics - Brow-Zing in Dark

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 1:57:00 PM More reviews by cristinc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had a problem with uneven brows all my life do to a scar above my right brow. I also wear dark glasses and find that my eyebrows are really exposed and need attention. This product saved my life!
There are two sections to this; a wax and a powder. I've tried different techniques when applying the product. The best one is to mix the two products together and apply all in one go. Brush it first in the opposite direction of your brow growth and then flatten it out to finish with few extra strokes with the wax only.
I can fill the gap where the scar is and you could never tell is was there.
It's also good if you over tweeze your brows. I had taken my brows to far apart and struggled for a long time to get them to grow back in. The Brow-Zing product made this process much less embaressing!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by toria444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! Comes with two mini brushes and mini tweezers. I use both brushes while applying them on my brows. It's best to use the wax first to keep the hairs in place, then follow with the powder to darken. The color looks good with my medium skin tone. But since my hair is colored blonde, I might need to find a lighter color. Do they make it in a lighter color? Should have looked that up beforehand. My eyebrows are already dark but are thin and with this product look amazing. It just completes me. I think everyone should use this! Anyway, good stuff, will purchase again. It's definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 3:25:00 AM More reviews by DNS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I completly waxed an area of my eyebrows by accident. I had tried pencils, powders, waxes and I can honestly say this product is great!!! It is THE best and it makes the most natural brow if you have none. WORTH the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Swoop

My first brow product.
I've been looking for a while for a browproduct, but I'm a total noob whren it comes to that.
I was looking for something that just gives my brows a nice clean look, so nothing special, I dont have very thin brows, just wanted to add a bit of color.
So, I got this and I like it. It has a wax and a powder, two brusher and a tweezer which can be handy on the go.
I use my own tools however and I really adore the wax, they just define my brows in a great way, makes them a tad darker, and gives a nice look.
The powder however was a bit of a challenge. Use it carefully because u can easily see the lines u are drawing (unless I'm doing something terribly wrong). I mainly use the powder to fill up the little spaces in my brows, make them look fuller.
The product stays put the whole day, its easy to apply, but Im not a fan of the packaging. Its in a black little box, all neat and well, altho a tad boring for being from BeneFit with their cute little retro packaging.
The big challenge (at times tho) is to open it.
Maybe I'm just really clumpsy, but its annoying at times,
Also the price is a bit on the expensive side, I know benefit isnt cheap, but its just overpriced imo. The wax is really nice, but the powder u can easily buy from a cheaper brand witht the same quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 3:29:00 AM More reviews by hongthetran

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best brow product- comes with wax and powder and little tweezers and two mini brushes. I only use tweezer and brush when I am on the go but otherwise, i apply with a longer handed slanted brow brush after swiping brows with unused mascara stick to clean my brow hairs. The wax is really helpful for keeping color stay strong and other brow products do not usually come with the wax part. I have already gone through three of these and will continue to purchase them. I apply wax part then go over with powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2010 6:41:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought this product after the beautician took too much off my eyebrows and I had a fancy dinner to go to. I wondered by a Benefit counter and came across this product. That was 6 years ago and I had the same one till only recently as I dropped it. I swear that this product lasts for what seems an eternity! It is highly pigmented so you don't need much. I use a Smashbox angled brow brush and loved it. Make sure you tap off the excess powder otherwise you can super dark eyebrows. It's not the look I was always after but will probably be great if that's what you like. I didn't find the brushes that came with it very helpful. I also would use the powder BEFORE the wax otherwise you end up with super dooper dark eyebrows - yet again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Kashinka

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using BrowZings for a number of years now. When I first began using it, I was thrilled with it; it was definitely my HG brow product. My brows are sparse and pale (although my hair is dark brown), and over the years I've tried just about everything--pencils, powders, you name it. Pencils never worked for me because no matter how softly I tried to use them, the resulting lines looked harsh and fake. Powders didn't stick. So when I discovered this wax-based product, I thought it was genius. The wax is easy to work with. It gives you natural-looking brows, and if you apply too much, it's easy to wipe off. (And no, it doesn't melt in the heat.)

I still like the wax, but a number of years ago BeneFit changed what they put into the compact. Originally it was a single pan of wax; now it is two pans, one of wax and one of powder. I don't understand how you're supposed to use the two of them together (if that is the idea), since either one gives you fully pigmented makeup. I suspect that they changed it because the wax-only compact lasted so long! At any rate, the powder they provide in the Dark compact is too dark for me, and if I apply too much it is difficult to remove without taking off other makeup too (foundation, eyeshadow). That is why I'm giving this product only 4 lippies.

One final thing: the compact comes with two tiny brushes and an equally tiny pair of tweezers that are useless for everyday wear but come in handy when you're traveling. Don't let an SA talk you into buying the expensive, full-sized brush BeneFit sells separately for this; I used it for a while and it broke. Since then I've been using Sephora's #10 angled brow brush, which is excellent and reasonably priced.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by piratefemme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this when I go out to night clubs for drama effect as I'm quite fair but the dark wax is great once I got the hang of it.The powder I still can't figure out. My wife uses it more than I do, taking it with her everywhere between dying her brows.

Meh. I have a 3 light brown, soft eyebrow pen I use more. I really do like the wax though. But I will try and find wax in a cheaper product line! 23 is Waaaaaay too much imo for my peasely little eyebrows. I'd have given it 3 lippies if it weren't for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by underingrid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm obsessed with brows and brow products in general, and can't explain why I am just getting around to trying this product now, after having tried everything else on the market.

I love it. I mean, I seriously love this product. The tinted wax is genius. So many other reviewers complained about it leaving their brows greasy or shiny, and all I can think is that they used WAY too much product. I gently swipe the angled brush across the top of the tinted wax once for each brow, and I get a perfectly colored and shaped brow with a very natural look. I detest powdery brows, or the look of poorly-blended pencil (think no one can tell? I can, always!), so the subtlety of this tinted wax is perfection. There's no shiny, or greasy globs of product, just naturally sleek brows without that weird, unattractive matte/powdery look so many other products create.

Take it from someone who has tried EVERY brow product on the market -- the tinted wax portion of BrowZings is all you need, day or night, work or clubbing, for a perfectly sleek, gorgeously natural-but-better, face-framing eyebrow.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by rosebud87

This was my first ever product for brows and I keep coming back to it. I have tried pencils, and other "brow kits" from other MU lines, but this one just seems to give me the results I like!

I will say that when you first start using this, it takes a while to learn how to use the wax and the powder. If you use too much, your eyebrows look fake. Not enough, and it looks like you didnt do anything to your brows. And blending is the key to making this product work!

The little brushes that come with the packaging are so NOT HELPFUL! I suggest investing in a bigger angle brush for the wax and a blending brush for the powder.

Another little helpful hint- if you can find them, I would get some clean, new individual mascara wands and you can use them to blend the wax/powder on your brows. It disperses the product more evenly and it definitely looks more natural.