MAC Matte - Espresso

4.5

on 12/17/2010 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love it! Makes my hazel eyes sparkle.

on 11/25/2010 12:14:00 PM

Espresso is like grey-brown on me,i have to agree with another reviewer who said that make her look dirty,and yes...you can go wrong even with browns!Made my green eyes looked tired-super boring colour.Ok,maybe for some of the reviewers works for their eyebrows,but i did not want to spend my money for an eyeshadow that works better on eyebrows...Sorry MAC,but i want my money back...(Sorry for my poor english.)

on 11/11/2010 5:07:00 PM

Perfect color for eyebrows !! i used to use one of macs twist pencils but this has blown it out of the water by far.... Since i only use this as brow color it will last forever ... of course when i run out i will repurchase !

on 10/30/2010 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love this colour! I use this with an angle brush to fill my brows or as a crease colour. I use all that glitters on my lid (which I don't like) and this in my crease and it looks ok.

on 10/25/2010 3:06:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Being fair/cool I must be very careful of brown/beige eyeshadows.
This is a not a color for my fair skin and light green eyes.
Made me look dirty/muddy. I dont recomend this for gals with cool undertones. Espresso, Omega and Wedge are definately not for me.
If I must use a brown or I should say pull off any "browns" I use Soft Brown and Bamboo those are pretty much the only colors I can use in the brown family, and in all honesty Im still not too crazy about the look. Its amazing how everyone always says you cant go wrong with neutrals/browns, well in my case you can, I just look horrible in those shades. Look@ my profile pics, very blonde/fair/cool.

on 9/26/2010 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE this for filling in my brows! My brows are very dark, an off-black colour, and this looks very natural indeed. It has no red tones or anything, it's simply a dark brown, like a coffee bean. Lasts all day and is quite multi functional; I use it as a crease colour sometimes *it's a little hard to blend, but not impossible* and even a contour for my nose. Would definately repurchase.

on 8/19/2010 4:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

For many people this is their favorite dark matte MAC colour for outer v. I however didn't find it that special and prefer MAC's corduroy in the outer v. Can imagine it works well on brows.

on 8/10/2010 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Espresso is hands down a must have eyeshadow for any girl out there loving make up! It is a perfect matte brown that works with everything! If you're after a smokey or a natural look this eyeshadow is a very versatile colour. I would most often use it on my lower lash line and in the crease. Sometimes eyeshadows that have any red tint to them make me look like I cried the whole week non stop and tired, espresso has none of that nonsense, it is a true matte brown. Love and will keep buying!! Of course there are dupes out there, but why bother going through all that trouble! :)

on 8/10/2010 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just found out that I can use it as a brow color and it looks really natural and warm. Great little shadow. good for smokey eye too, although I prefer to have an additional brown, something darker and more red. I pair it with Nars Galapagos and it looks similar and complimentary. Definitely a standard brown in many kits.

on 7/31/2010 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I like this shade, i dont love it. I use it pretty regularly but definitely not as often as I use 'concrete'. Its a great e/s with very very good colour pay off.