November 23, 2014 | 2015 users online

Lip Treatments - Desert Essence - Lip Rescue w/ Shea Butter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2004 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Ambam032

I switch between this and Burt's Beeswax lip balm. I like that this is has a soft feel. It's not tingly or smelly. It doesn't taste like anything so I'm not apt to lick my lips while I wear it. Great balm. A little hard to find since the only place I've ever found it at is an out-of-the-way health food store.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2004 6:07:00 PM More reviews by mmmmary

This is my "after shower" lip balm. My lips can get very dried out very quickly so I slap some of this on right after my moisturizer and eye cream and it works great. Has a very brief orange-y smell and taste, which is fine with me because my eye cream smells like orange & mango, so it's a good combo. Nice product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2004 7:29:00 PM More reviews by mere1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hmmm. I bought this a few months ago when it was still chilly here in the Pacific NW. Although I liked the texture, I found that this balm left a white residue if my lips were dry. Fast forward two months and the weather has warmed up - my lips have been dry due to the flu, but this product has been a lifesaver. No more residue! I think the warmer weather has moistened the shea butter in the balm, allowing to glide on easily. Anyway, as things stand now this is the best product I've used for uncomfortably dry lips. We'll see what happens in the Fall!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2004 1:20:00 AM More reviews by harrypotterfreak2005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this today at Down To Earth and I was kinda interested in the product ever since the first time I saw it. I bought the last one!!! The smell reminds me of Orange Julius and it kinda tastes like it too, very citrusy! I dunno... it doens't last that long and it kinda made my lips dry for some reason. And the lip balm itself is very hard to put on. But I'm addicted to the smell. :P Yeah I'm weird. This is a good product to try out. **update: i bought some more and realized that it's a really good lip treatment. yeah it smells like jamba juice's orange dream and it's good at moisturizing your lips. i recommend you try this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2004 7:01:00 PM More reviews by zangreen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite lip balm. It's even the best of the shea butter balms that I've tried, cheaper and smoother than some in boutiques. I don't like the waxiness of chapstick and won't use the chemical sunscreen in blistek (dries out my lips the moment it wears off).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2004 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Caro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this lip balm. It smells of refresher sweets: like fruity sherbet. It's made only with natural ingredients, including shea butter. So no nasty chemicals. It's nicely packaged too. I'm addicted.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2004 10:14:00 AM More reviews by ioana

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Lip Rescue with Shea Butter is absolutely fabulous. The texture is smooth and non-waxy, it smells like candy and it feels like silk on my lips. It's the only lip balm that I ever liked! It heals my lips in the dry winter air of the northeast. All others seem to hurt my lips instead of protecting them. Dessert Essence does not test on animals and the ingredients are top notch: Soybean Oil, Beeswax, Candelilla Wx, Ozokerite, Carnauba, Shea Butter, Ginkgo, Rosemary, Vitamin E, Propyl Gallate, Essential Oil of Mint. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2004 4:20:00 AM More reviews by Retrovertigo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my holy grail lip balm. I've tried them all (i.e. Kiehl's, Rosebud, Burt's Bees, Philosophy, Jack Black, etc.) and none of them moisturizes or leaves my lips as smooth as this one. The scent is unoffensive, grapefruit-like and the texture is very smooth and goes on like a dream on your lips. I bought it for 1.99 on beauty.com to get free shipping and boy, am I glad I did! Hm, I think I will go put some on right now. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2003 12:30:00 PM More reviews by bargainista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this lip balm, it has great ingredients, including shea butter, and I've always been pleased with the other Desert Essence products I've used. However, I was disappointed. It wasn't as creamy as I'd hoped it would be, it didn't feel especially moisturizing, and my tube went rancid and became unusable after a few months. Mode de Vie's shea butter lip balm is far superior to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2003 10:39:00 AM More reviews by YaleBarbie

This is the BEST lip balm I have ever used. It is so much smoother and more soothing than chapstick. The shea butter is a natural moisturizer and lasts all day long. Even in the middle of winter, when the air is dry and frigid, my lips are soft and supple. I also recommend Desert Essence Lip Rescue with tea tree oil. This one has some zing, it invigorates the lips, while the shea butter gently protects. You might need to go to an organic grocer to find these, but they're worth the extra travel. Kissable lips can be yours with the help of Desert Essence