Desert Essence Lip Rescue w/ Shea Butter

4.2

Not tested on animals

Ingredients: Glycine soja (soybean) oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, ozokerite, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), ginkgo biloba leaf extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, tocopherol, propyl gallate, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil.

on 7/26/2004 5:40:00 PM

This lip treatment is amazing. I got it from Whole Foods for $1.99. It is so moisturizing and it beats all the expensive lip balms I bought in the past. Best of all, it is organic! No petroleum. /UPdate: after several weeks, the product seems to dry up. I have difficulty to put it on my lips. It does not glide off onto my lips. I switched to Dr. Hauschka's Lip Balm.

on 6/28/2004 9:45:00 PM

I switch between this and Burt's Beeswax lip balm. I like that this is has a soft feel. It's not tingly or smelly. It doesn't taste like anything so I'm not apt to lick my lips while I wear it. Great balm. A little hard to find since the only place I've ever found it at is an out-of-the-way health food store.

on 6/28/2004 6:07:00 PM

This is my "after shower" lip balm. My lips can get very dried out very quickly so I slap some of this on right after my moisturizer and eye cream and it works great. Has a very brief orange-y smell and taste, which is fine with me because my eye cream smells like orange & mango, so it's a good combo. Nice product.

on 6/5/2004 7:29:00 PM

Hmmm. I bought this a few months ago when it was still chilly here in the Pacific NW. Although I liked the texture, I found that this balm left a white residue if my lips were dry. Fast forward two months and the weather has warmed up - my lips have been dry due to the flu, but this product has been a lifesaver. No more residue! I think the warmer weather has moistened the shea butter in the balm, allowing to glide on easily. Anyway, as things stand now this is the best product I've used for uncomfortably dry lips. We'll see what happens in the Fall!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I just bought this today at Down To Earth and I was kinda interested in the product ever since the first time I saw it. I bought the last one!!! The smell reminds me of Orange Julius and it kinda tastes like it too, very citrusy! I dunno... it doens't last that long and it kinda made my lips dry for some reason. And the lip balm itself is very hard to put on. But I'm addicted to the smell. :P Yeah I'm weird. This is a good product to try out. **update: i bought some more and realized that it's a really good lip treatment. yeah it smells like jamba juice's orange dream and it's good at moisturizing your lips. i recommend you try this!

on 2/26/2004 7:01:00 PM

This is my favorite lip balm. It's even the best of the shea butter balms that I've tried, cheaper and smoother than some in boutiques. I don't like the waxiness of chapstick and won't use the chemical sunscreen in blistek (dries out my lips the moment it wears off).

on 2/1/2004 1:52:00 PM

I love this lip balm. It smells of refresher sweets: like fruity sherbet. It's made only with natural ingredients, including shea butter. So no nasty chemicals. It's nicely packaged too. I'm addicted.

on 1/13/2004 10:14:00 AM

The Lip Rescue with Shea Butter is absolutely fabulous. The texture is smooth and non-waxy, it smells like candy and it feels like silk on my lips. It's the only lip balm that I ever liked! It heals my lips in the dry winter air of the northeast. All others seem to hurt my lips instead of protecting them. Dessert Essence does not test on animals and the ingredients are top notch: Soybean Oil, Beeswax, Candelilla Wx, Ozokerite, Carnauba, Shea Butter, Ginkgo, Rosemary, Vitamin E, Propyl Gallate, Essential Oil of Mint. Highly recommended!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my holy grail lip balm. I've tried them all (i.e. Kiehl's, Rosebud, Burt's Bees, Philosophy, Jack Black, etc.) and none of them moisturizes or leaves my lips as smooth as this one. The scent is unoffensive, grapefruit-like and the texture is very smooth and goes on like a dream on your lips. I bought it for 1.99 on beauty.com to get free shipping and boy, am I glad I did! Hm, I think I will go put some on right now. :)

on 12/20/2003 12:30:00 PM

I really wanted to like this lip balm, it has great ingredients, including shea butter, and I've always been pleased with the other Desert Essence products I've used. However, I was disappointed. It wasn't as creamy as I'd hoped it would be, it didn't feel especially moisturizing, and my tube went rancid and became unusable after a few months. Mode de Vie's shea butter lip balm is far superior to this one.

Popular Lip Treatments