October 1, 2014 | 1339 users online

Eyeliner - Rimmel - Special Eyes Eyeliner pencil in "Black Magic"

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2007 7:03:00 PM More reviews by hellogina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Meh. I've used worse eyeliners, but I've also used better.

Good price, easy to apply, but doesn't agree with my oily-ish skin. This has a tendency to wear off all over the rest of my face within a few hours, especially in hot weather. And I can never seem to be able to get the soft lead to come to a nice sharp point without it breaking.

As far as Rimmel's liners go, their black Exaggerate twist pencil was much better (and I like other brands even better still). Not sure why I bought this pencil instead of another Exaggerate when my old one ran out. :P

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2007 12:35:00 PM More reviews by blackmagicwoman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this eyeliner. i'm completely loyal to it. It's not that expensive, goes on neatly and doesn't smudge badly. it goes on a deep black and stays, and it's just a very practical eye liner. you do have to sharpen it though. It's not overly soft and not hard, and does not come off easily. it's definitely a top choice for an inexpensive but not overly cheap eye liner.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2007 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Jupee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this looking for stayput power. The price is absolutely right, but the product is subpar. It feels chalky and dry, and tugs at my lids. Worst, the color is a bland greyish black, instead of intense black, which is what I wanted. I won't repurchase. Try Revlon Colorstay in Black, at least until you find your perfect black pencil.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2007 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Sheepie1813

This is one whopper of an eyeliner--it does it all! Subtle, dramatic, smoky, or in-a-pinch eyebrow filler: amazing stuff. Note: my eyebrows are actually black--would not recommend for others!!!! :) Anyway, just grabbed this puppy at Target because I was getting sick of my liner brush and WOW! No tugging (I'm talking to YOU, Maybelline!) and no smearing. This lasts allllll day and sometimes I have to double dip on the eyemakeup remover to get it all off. This also makes a great smokey eye. I only wish was a self-sharpener like the Chanel one I was looking at, and the cap tends to fall off a bit, but that's just packaging. The product itself is fab!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2007 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

This eyeliner is amazing. I always suffer with eyeliners that smudge or donīt last, but this one has given me a nice surprise! It lasts really well, even in humidity and hot climate. Nice color, very spreadable and soft in application. Very cheap too. Better than Chanel and Revlon colorstay. Definetely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2007 2:12:00 AM More reviews by kavvee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was actually my everyday eyeliner for about two or three years, but after a while I became sick to death of it. In the winter I had to use a lighter to get it soft enough to apply, and in the summer I had to resharpen my pencil every time I used it because it would always be perfectly round after each use. And at the end of the day I would ALWAYS have raccoon eyes. I'll stick to liquid eyeliner. But it was there for me while I used it, so, I'll give it three lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2007 11:52:00 AM More reviews by DevinGirl83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG black liner pencil! It's super black & goes on smoothly. I find I can create slim sharp lines as well as super smudgy & messy ones. Low price & I always re-buy this!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2007 2:10:00 AM More reviews by mmadani77

i bought this eyeliner due to all the great review on MUA, but i think its a bit overrated. yes it does go on smoothly, but this pencil's staying power is EXTREMELY limited. like 2 hours after application, parts of the line i drew on my eyelid were missing. they completely vanished, im thinking it just melts into my skin. if you're willing to constantly apply eyeliner this would be good because the application is easy. im not sure if i would buy this agin. its a little iffy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2006 12:58:00 PM More reviews by raniv

Rimmel is super affordable and great quality! i loveeeee their eyeliner, super creamy! def 5 lippies! I buy it over and over and over again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2006 2:31:00 PM More reviews by dolliegirl

This eyeliner is not a life-changer or anything, but it does do its job. It is good value for money, and it does draw a good, neat line. Because it is a soft and creamy pencil, it does smudge.