February 1, 2015 | 2087 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Top Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by mardi6546

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am quite surprised at the negative reviews. I love this top coat, and have just bought a second one. It is a bit expensive (as all OPI products are in AUS), but it is my favourite top coat.
It doesn't chip, peel or dent for me. I do one coat over colour and it makes my nails very shiny and glossy. I usually refresh my nails with another coat of top coat at about day 3-4 and my whole manicure can last a week.
Besides the lovely shine, my favourite thing about it is the wide brush. It only takes 2 strokes to cover my nail, so it is really quick to apply (which is what I want when doing something as boring as a top coat).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the only OPI product I've ever tried that I thought was worth the expensive price (usually 8 dollars) because I've tried many top coats NYC, Sally Hanson, Wet and Wild of lesser quality and while those did nothing to prolong my color this one did, it helped with chipping and made my manicure last longer.

Note: I just red all the other reviews, I'm really surprised this topcoat is always completely dry in 3 min, I've never had any denting or sliding so I'm not sure what's going on. All I can say is so far I disagree. I mean this is what they always use in salons, shouldn't it be one of the best?

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by kimchas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

OPI downfall!!!!! it become very sticky after few uses.And it takes forever to dry out. But what makes me rate it one star is the lid stuck tightly like superglue on the bottle after 1/3 were used and it can't be opened by bare hands! Every time I want to use it afterward I have to soak it in boiling water to open it. And believe me, I tried to remove any top coat on the lid and the neck, but it still stuck. I eventually throw it away

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Victorialanette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the worst top coat i have ever used. I love OPI polishes but this just sucks big time. This first time i used it it was good but after that it just went downhill from there. Mine got gloopy and clumpy and it takes forever and a day for it to dry and it always ruins my polish. I had half a bottle left and had to throw it out because it wouldnt go on smooth anymore and it was just so unmanagble. It really is a waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by niclyf

I love OPI in general for polishes and base coats/treatments ... but OPI's top coat suckssss big time!

My staple "brands" for polishes are OPI, Essie, China Glaze, Chanel, etc ... all of which wear exceptionally well for me. However I recently had a professional manicure done at a salon that used the OPI Top Coat on me (my staple is Seche Vite) and literally within 6 hours, I had a chip in my manicure (which was an OPI polish). That has never happened with my SV, Poshe or Barielle top coats. ONLY with OPI's. Needless to say, it left me far less than impressed and the one or two other times I've tried OPI's top coat, the same thing has happened. While I love OPI polishes, their top coat leaves a lot to be desired. Not one I will ever purchase, I'll stick with my beloved SV. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by mthefool

Definetely not one of OPI's better products. It takes FOREVER to dry, and a lot of times you'll think it's dry when it's not, start using your hands and it will chip. It takes HOURS. I don't reccomend it at all, you're much better off using Seche Vite or some other dry fast top coat. I use it on my toenails sometimes, when im just lazing around the house and won't be wearing shoes.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by VOGUEx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've use this plenty of times, sometime with nail polish, other times without. I've waited a long while, and it always ends up peeling off!!! If I bump my finger nail along something, it chips..but it's not even like dry chipping, it's just a rubber feel chipping!! And it's so sticky when you are putting it on!! awful!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Aprilicious

Not quite understanding where the majority of the people who've posted bad reviews are coming from. I'm on my third bottle of this stuff and, unlike a lot of previous top coats I've tried, it dries really fast (my nails, with 2 coats of polish + top coat, dried within 30 minutes), no dents, no chipping or peeling, and I've never had the trouble of any color bleeding or polish sliding.

Literally every problem that's been posted I've never had a problem with. I will definitely continue using this product in the future!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Lovetoken

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Do not buy this! I thought it would help my nails last longer but it ended up just destroying all my hard work. I waited over 24 hours to put on the top coat after I painted my nails, and it still messed everything up. Literally it moves around the nail polish around on my nails, it makes me nails rough and not smooth too. Also it didn't help my nail polish stay on at all, the nail chipping on my right hand was horrible! As people have mentioned before me the topcoat would cause little bubbles on my nails. Just don't even try this.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by melyndaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

THE WORST!!! It bubbles no matter how long you wait to apply it over polish, including overnight drying time, loses its' luster within hours due to who knows what, takes FOREVER to dry as in even a day later it is possible to still ding it up if you manage to bump just the wrong thing, smudges darker polish colors with drag marks....would never buy it again nor recommend to a friend.