November 28, 2014 | 1931 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Top Coat

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Victorialanette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the worst top coat i have ever used. I love OPI polishes but this just sucks big time. This first time i used it it was good but after that it just went downhill from there. Mine got gloopy and clumpy and it takes forever and a day for it to dry and it always ruins my polish. I had half a bottle left and had to throw it out because it wouldnt go on smooth anymore and it was just so unmanagble. It really is a waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by niclyf

I love OPI in general for polishes and base coats/treatments ... but OPI's top coat suckssss big time!

My staple "brands" for polishes are OPI, Essie, China Glaze, Chanel, etc ... all of which wear exceptionally well for me. However I recently had a professional manicure done at a salon that used the OPI Top Coat on me (my staple is Seche Vite) and literally within 6 hours, I had a chip in my manicure (which was an OPI polish). That has never happened with my SV, Poshe or Barielle top coats. ONLY with OPI's. Needless to say, it left me far less than impressed and the one or two other times I've tried OPI's top coat, the same thing has happened. While I love OPI polishes, their top coat leaves a lot to be desired. Not one I will ever purchase, I'll stick with my beloved SV. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by mthefool

Definetely not one of OPI's better products. It takes FOREVER to dry, and a lot of times you'll think it's dry when it's not, start using your hands and it will chip. It takes HOURS. I don't reccomend it at all, you're much better off using Seche Vite or some other dry fast top coat. I use it on my toenails sometimes, when im just lazing around the house and won't be wearing shoes.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by VOGUEx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've use this plenty of times, sometime with nail polish, other times without. I've waited a long while, and it always ends up peeling off!!! If I bump my finger nail along something, it chips..but it's not even like dry chipping, it's just a rubber feel chipping!! And it's so sticky when you are putting it on!! awful!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Aprilicious

Not quite understanding where the majority of the people who've posted bad reviews are coming from. I'm on my third bottle of this stuff and, unlike a lot of previous top coats I've tried, it dries really fast (my nails, with 2 coats of polish + top coat, dried within 30 minutes), no dents, no chipping or peeling, and I've never had the trouble of any color bleeding or polish sliding.

Literally every problem that's been posted I've never had a problem with. I will definitely continue using this product in the future!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Lovetoken

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Do not buy this! I thought it would help my nails last longer but it ended up just destroying all my hard work. I waited over 24 hours to put on the top coat after I painted my nails, and it still messed everything up. Literally it moves around the nail polish around on my nails, it makes me nails rough and not smooth too. Also it didn't help my nail polish stay on at all, the nail chipping on my right hand was horrible! As people have mentioned before me the topcoat would cause little bubbles on my nails. Just don't even try this.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by melyndaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

THE WORST!!! It bubbles no matter how long you wait to apply it over polish, including overnight drying time, loses its' luster within hours due to who knows what, takes FOREVER to dry as in even a day later it is possible to still ding it up if you manage to bump just the wrong thing, smudges darker polish colors with drag marks....would never buy it again nor recommend to a friend.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by OpiJunkie101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm on my 2nd bottle & this is the best top coat out there! Although ; when it's not used with OPI colors it tends to get bubbles .....

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by bomchickadee

I'm not surprised to see these bad reviews... I hate this top coat BUT for a different reason. Am I the only one who finds that this top coat makes my actual nail polish bleed and stain the brush?? I used a Revlon polish and an Essie polish, and both times (after a whole day of drying) the top coat would pick up the color onto the brush! So annoying! I'm very disappointed and upset... I much prefer my Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Clear Violet top coat.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2011 3:38:00 AM More reviews by xtiffeeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love OPI polishes, so I thought I'd give the top coat a try. I don't really like it. Although it does makes my nails glossy, it takes a really long time to dry! If you're willing to wait awhile for your nails to dry, then this top coat is okay. If you're impatient like me, then I don't think you should get this. For now, I'm just going to stick to my SV top coat.