Clinique Rinse-Off Eye Makeup Solvent

3.2

Water, peg-32, butylene glycol, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, peg-6, trisodium edta, phenoxyethanol

I hv no idea what is all about. It doesn't remove/disolve any makeup on my eyes and it stung my eyes so badly.

First off, I think this product is getting a lot of bad reviews on here simply because people don't really understand its purpose. It's a makeup solvent, NOT a makeup remover, which means it'll dissolve makeup, but NOT remove it completely. This is also why they include the rinse-with-water step on the packaging, simply because this won't take off your eye makeup completely, it's meant to help the removal process.
On to the review! I bought this for ~$13 (plus tax) at a CCO, which was a bit pricey since I can get a similarly sized bottle of makeup remover at a ds for half the price, but I figured this would be a good product to use to fix any mistakes I make while doing my mu (without ruining my whole look). When I need to, I take a q-tip and dip it into the bottle and lightly dab the area I need to fix, and it takes the makeup right off.
Even though it's not a remover, I did try to use it like one, and it still worked pretty well for me. My e/s and e/l came off easily, and my mascaras (have tested it with Covergirl Lash Blast WP and Buxom's Mascara, not WP so far) came off for the most part (About 75% of it came off, I'd say, in one swipe with a cotton ball) I will be sticking to Take the Day Off Remover and Vaseline for my removers though, just because I feel like this is more of a spot-usage product for me.
And, I took off one lippie just because I have gotten some in my eye before, and it stings like crazy, causing me to tear pretty badly unlike some other products I've used in the past.

I was so excited toi use this because I thought it could be an "upgrade" to my C&C mu remover.
What a stupid thing to do. I used it to remove my eye mu and my eyes started to sting. No
Big deal I thought, it might be a lash or a chunk of mu that got in my eye. I checked and my eyes were clear
Of debris but wow, I looked like I had pink eye. I shook it off and didn't give it a second thought. I continued to use it for the rest of the week with the same result.
I then decided maybe I should just use it to correct mistakes and fallout. I thought maybe I was putting too much on the pad. This time
I'd use a qtip. Same results. Luckily I only paid $13 for this, I found it at a CCO. Ill be giving this to my sister and
Never try to use another remover than my C&C mu remover in the see through purple bottle.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This did a poor job of removing eyemakeup especially non waterproof mascara :/ it doesnt seem to dissolve the makeup as quickly as it should. The only good thing i have to say about it is that it didn't sting my eyes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm glad that they include these in their GWPs; it gives me a chance to try it out before I waste my money on something I don't like. This is basically like bottled water. No matter how much product I used, it did little to remove my eye makeup. Totally unimpressed.

This really doesn't work for my waterproof make-up. I have to rub really hard before something happens. I was also dissapointed when i saw the guidelines: you have to use this product and rinse with water. I tought this would work without water. That's really bad for my time managment and not really usefull when you demake-up in the bedroom before sleeping.

This and the take the day off are the only dedicated eye makeup removers i've used as they're always in GWP sets. It does it's job well and gets waterproof mascara off with a few swipes on a cotton ball. Wouldn't purchase only because there are more than likely cheaper ones that work just as well.

I'm not a fan of this eye make up remover. It does an okay job at taking my mascara and eyeliner off but it really stings and makes my eyes sore. There are much better eye make up removers out there that cost a lot less money.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is the love of my life (okay, not really... my husband is)! I will only use this makeup remover. I have tried many removers and to me this one is the best. It doesn't leave your eyelids with a icky oily residue, yet it removes my eye makeup so well. The only small complaint I have is that theres no hole or small spout to help control how much prouduct comes out, but that's not a big deal to me considering how awesome this stuff works. The only thing I want to add is that I don't use this to remove waterproof mascara or really tough eyeliner (i.e. Wet n Wild gel liner) for that I use olive oil and then clean off the residue with this prouduct. Will always buy this over and over again.

An eye makeup remover should remove all the makeup on your eyes, but this one does a poor job :( ....it couldn't even remove non-waterproof eyeshadow ( I had to spend more than 20 minutes to remove my makeup but still saw some left under my eyes the next day ).... it's really bad