April 17, 2014 | 1483 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 11:09:00 AM More reviews by yulliannah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Im an NC20 with yellow undertones and combination skin(very oily tzone). I bought this in Medium and i absolutely love it. After i set my foundation with translucent powder i apply the blot powder to my T-zone area( which gets extremely oily) and im good to go for the entire day with1 or 2 touchups needed. I was contemplating between 'light' or 'medium', im happy i chose medium because it does not have pink undertones like 'light'(which made me look ghostly) & it isnt dark enough to distract from my foundation color at all, i use Revlon color stay in Buff or Macs studio fix liquid in nc20. The texture is not velvety smooth but it glides on well however when i use the puff it comes with, it packs on and does not apply evenly so i use my kabuki brush from eco tools to apply for a even and smooth finish.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2010 10:54:00 PM More reviews by bellagemma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This broke me out a lot - I only used it on my nose and only got pimples all over my nose-it was weird. I also don't like the white cast it tends to give-I am nc37-40 fyi. I prefer the mineralize skinfinish natural powders or just using a blotting paper or tissue instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by halimeade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

What can I say, its a good touch up powder. Pricey, but I think it'll last.

At the insistence of the MAC SAs I bought Medium Dark even though I'm ~NW20, since they were worried about a lighter shade making me look chalky or washed out. Really, since there is only 10% color pigmentation in the powder, I think it hardly matters. I think almost any person could use any color of the powder and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference! You can't see Medium Dark on me at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by canadian

I've been using the medium/dark powder for 10 year and love it. . I use this in my tzone. My skin is sensitive and this doesn't irritate it. On really hot, humid days I need to blot and reapply but I've found that with most powders anyways. This is my favorite powder that I buy again and again.

If you drop this powder it does break easily! The last time it happened I scooped up the remainder, crushed it down and placed in a sifter jar which is handy for traveling.

The only con is the price. It's around $23.00-25.00 Canadian before taxes. It does last me many months so its worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Diva99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a love/hate relationship with this product. The pros? It controls shine, lasts several hours before a touch-up is needed, and offers light-weight, translucent coverage. The cons? It can emphasize pores if your skin is dry, but exfoliation before applying foundation and powder will do the trick. Also, if you carry this powder in a purse and mistakenly drop your bag onto the floor, the product will break apart and crumble completely (many other pressed powders I have used in the past stay intact). For this reason, I always try other powders but find this is one of the best out there, plus it has decent packaging if you need to use it in public. Maybelline Dream Mousse powder is also good but the packaging looks very cheap and is too clunky. Overall, despite the cons, I still recommend MAC blot powder because it controls shine VERY well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

I liked this at first, because of all the hype. Then I realized: 1. The colors run way too light--I have light/med. skin and even the medium shade was too light on me. 2. It really dosn't cover well, looks cakey and sits on top of your skin instead of blending in. I've since discovered Jordana pressed foundation which is cheap, great for oily skin (has clay), and helps hide my pores without looking mask-like.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by botitas1977

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG I am in LOVE with this powder. I cant believe of all my years being a MAC fan I never used this! I wear an NC40 shade and this shade blends MAGICALY with my skintone. I LOVE it! I use the 181 brush to buff this in and it looks FLAWLESS> I dont get any oil and it does NOT alter the color of my foundation. It looks really light in the pan but it is not pigmented at ALL! I can easily say this is one of my favorite MAC products. I dont use the sponge as I never do. I always just use brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by nygrlnca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG of powder. This doesn't make me look like I'm wearing a mask but still manages to tone down shine. Plus since there is barely any color, it doesn't oxidize on my oily skin. I've been using for years and nothing compares. I am an NC44.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by xLilyx

No doubt the best powder ever! I have tried so many and this is by far the best, I always go back to it and now it is the only powder I will buy even though it is so expensive.

I have combination/oily skin and this powder controls shine very well compared to all other powders I have used. Only have to touch up once or twice a day round the t-zone area.

I apply it with a brush to set my foundation, and then use the sponge to touch up during the day.

I also used to use it as a foundation, good for those who have very oily skin. I would put concealer on first and then use the sponge to apply the blot powder all over my face and it provides very good coverage.

I got recommended medium/dark the very first time I bought it which I was quite suprised at since I am quite pale-medium. But the colour match is perfect, and is not meant to add colour to you anyways as it is supposed to be translucent.

Definitely recommend this product, just dislike the price!

12/11 UPDATE
Still LOVING this product. Must've gone through around 20+ since discovering it. A M A Z I N G.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the packaging and the mirror, not so much the sponge. I don't like the way the makeup cakes on it in one use, I prefer to use a brush. It does exactly what it says on the packaging - blots away shine! I prefer to use blotting papers first, then sweep this over my face. It is lovely.

Seriously though, for this price, I won't buy it again. I have found other, cheaper alternatives which work exaclty the same and there is no need for me to waste money on this again.

Sadly, I dropped this on my way to school one day! It shattered. I managed to salvage some of it - not all of it landed on the floor. But overall, a sad day.