December 19, 2014 | 830 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This stuff makes my face look amazing. However, the color selection is awful. I am a NC35 and I bought cypress beige. It works ok, but not an exact color match. I feel the shade next would be too dark. I love the coverage and the look of my skin. It does ok with oil control but I would say, it does far better than mac's powder foundation. If you have beige, peach, and combo skin I would try this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Twizzz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like the fact that this has no fragrance and has a very smooth texture--I haven't used it wet, just dry over primer or foundation (I've used the Palladio herbal foundation primer, Philosphy's the Present, Smashbox's SPF 15 primer, and others, and Tarte ReCreate Foundation in Porcelain), and it covers well on the initial pass of the sponge (about a medium coverage). My complaint, like others, is the shade variety...the lightest, Laurel Nude, is just a touch too dark for my liking, but when I use it as a powder alone without foundation underneath, it seems to blend in nicely. Like the coverage and minimizing of pores, has a velvety texture and doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything. I think this covers way better than MAC's Studio Fix (I'm NC15). I did have to touch up my t-zone midday (about 4-5 hours after applying), but I live in hot, humid South Florida, so I didn't expect otherwise. Like the case and the sponge, unlike others. Pleased and will likely repurchase and will try with a brush to see if that changes anything.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

Palladio Herbal Wet/Dry Foundation is the exact name on my product.

I am on a quest to replace my EM pressed powder foundation (the version in the white plastic compact). Fairly Light is PERFECT for me - of course, this item is d/c which sucks!! I have emailed the company several times over the past 6 months and while they say they do plan on bringing it back, they don't know when.....sigh.....

I am NC 15 (for those of you not familiar w/ EM). I purchased in Ivory.

Based upon the very helpful ladies on the MU board and in light of the high ratings, I decided to give this a try. I purchased at Sallys for around $10. In order to be considered a dupe to my EM, I am looking for highly pigmented (to cover my slight/blushing rosacea), non-drying, easily blendable, reasonable $, long lasting/wearing. This meets all my criteria EXCEPT it made my face feel dry/tight = I deducted 1 lippie. EM set the bar very high and this just falls short = I returned it.

Should I not find anything else that works, I will probably go back to this....sigh...

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by allmyfriendsarecowboys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay I don't love to come on here and slam cosmetics but this truly deserves it. The concept of being able to use wet or dry is interesting and it would be good if it actually worked but this just wasn't doing it for me. I tried using it wet but it made my combination skin look super oily and gross. I tried to give it another chance by using it dry but it didn't provide any good coverage. I did not want to waste it since it was over ten dollars (I usually don't spend over eight bucks on foundation) so I tried to keep using it wet with the sponge provided. The makeup itself did a pretty sucky job and after several uses the sponge completely fell apart. So much for me joining the Palladio Wet/Dry foundation bandwagon. I do love Palladio's lip stains though, so those are worth a try if you haven't given them a chance yet. I will repurchase those but as for this foundation NEVER AGAIN!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by jwhisper

I love this foundation powder. I use it dry over my sunscreen and it covers all the redness and most of my acne scars. I then mist a little water on the sponge and apply wet over the problem areas that need more coverage. This lasts all day, even after a workout, and actually looks better after a couple hours- kind of dewy and fresh. It didn't make me break out at all. Will definitely buy it again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by XXMEMEXX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this powder, the coverage is great whether its dry or wet, I find applying it dry covers more. It gives a medium to full coverage. The lasting power is amazing if its used alone with no foundation under it. I have a really oily t zone with my nose being the oiliest.I have acne scars on my forehead, and it covers. And I only have to blot after 8 hours. If used with foundation I have to blot after the first 4 hours once. I feel as the day goes on it just slowly wears off. It also broke me out. This is why I will not be purchasing it again. But I did buy the loose powder hopefully it will work out for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by aao

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have received several compliments on how good my makeup looked and asked what I used. Actually the very first day I used it. I used the wet application and then dry powder over. I felt I looked a bit over done. However, other people seemed to think i looked great and that my skin was smooth and even. However I need to use a primer with it or else my pores become accentuated and my skin looks dry. I've been using the Revlon photo ready primer interchanged with a monistat chafing relief product. I know it sounds weird, but check out the reviews on it. I definately do not want to use this without a primer. My pores look larger and it doesn't apply as evenly.
Also, I switched to using a cosmetic sponge that max factor used to sell (they still might). I use the enclosed sponge for powder application. I appreciate the fact that the sponge has a seperate compartment for the sponge with venting holes that allow the sponge to dry out. I am also gonna try a foundation brush next time I apply. I'll update with my results later. I bought this a Sally's Beauty Supply for around $10.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Gca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was not impressed with this foundation. If you're acne prone and have acne scars like me, It's a good, light to medium coverage powder for summer, but definitely not for the colder months where you normally want heavier coverage. It doesn't do such a great job hiding acne scars either, and using it wet doesn't seem to make a difference. If you're looking for a lighter, less expensive foundation for the summer, this is definitely a good choice. The color selection is pretty lame though I'll have to admit. Since I tend to have pretty sensitive skin and am a beauty health nut, I was really excited to find a herbal, all natural powder that doesn't cost a fortune, but I was sorely disappointed. A good thing to know though is that it didn't break me out or irritate my skin. I will have to see how well it does in the summer. :) Most likely will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by almajanessa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was hoping that this product would work for me, but I got a couple of zits in the process. I was surprised to of had that affect from this product. I used it wet and felt that it went on ok, but made my skin feel tight at first as soon as it dried it evened out well and was smooth. The coverage was great and lasted for about 8 hours. I am pretty disappointed that this irritated my skin as I did like it. I have sensitive acne prone skin and do have a hard time finding foundation that won't irritate my skin. :-(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really, really nice powder. It has a creamy, finely milled texture. I tried it wet with the sponge that came with it - awesome. I have been using it as a setting powder and it adds an extra layer of coverage that makes everything look even and smooth. It is pretty transfer resistant and lasts. It has not been the least bit drying.

It beats everything else I have sampled lately from Laura Mercier to Estee Lauder and I believe it is better than the Merle Norman Ultra Powder Foundation I used once upon a time. The best part is the price. The color selection is super limited. I have a have this in Cypress Beige and feel it is a hair dark but as least I don't look washed out. I have only been using this a few days and unless it breaks me out I will continue to purchase. The quality is astounding regardless of the price but it is this type of product that makes me think I should be able to find an amazing foundation without spending upwards of $40.