July 28, 2014 | 1655 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by XXMEMEXX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this powder, the coverage is great whether its dry or wet, I find applying it dry covers more. It gives a medium to full coverage. The lasting power is amazing if its used alone with no foundation under it. I have a really oily t zone with my nose being the oiliest.I have acne scars on my forehead, and it covers. And I only have to blot after 8 hours. If used with foundation I have to blot after the first 4 hours once. I feel as the day goes on it just slowly wears off. It also broke me out. This is why I will not be purchasing it again. But I did buy the loose powder hopefully it will work out for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by aao

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have received several compliments on how good my makeup looked and asked what I used. Actually the very first day I used it. I used the wet application and then dry powder over. I felt I looked a bit over done. However, other people seemed to think i looked great and that my skin was smooth and even. However I need to use a primer with it or else my pores become accentuated and my skin looks dry. I've been using the Revlon photo ready primer interchanged with a monistat chafing relief product. I know it sounds weird, but check out the reviews on it. I definately do not want to use this without a primer. My pores look larger and it doesn't apply as evenly.
Also, I switched to using a cosmetic sponge that max factor used to sell (they still might). I use the enclosed sponge for powder application. I appreciate the fact that the sponge has a seperate compartment for the sponge with venting holes that allow the sponge to dry out. I am also gonna try a foundation brush next time I apply. I'll update with my results later. I bought this a Sally's Beauty Supply for around $10.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Gca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was not impressed with this foundation. If you're acne prone and have acne scars like me, It's a good, light to medium coverage powder for summer, but definitely not for the colder months where you normally want heavier coverage. It doesn't do such a great job hiding acne scars either, and using it wet doesn't seem to make a difference. If you're looking for a lighter, less expensive foundation for the summer, this is definitely a good choice. The color selection is pretty lame though I'll have to admit. Since I tend to have pretty sensitive skin and am a beauty health nut, I was really excited to find a herbal, all natural powder that doesn't cost a fortune, but I was sorely disappointed. A good thing to know though is that it didn't break me out or irritate my skin. I will have to see how well it does in the summer. :) Most likely will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by almajanessa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was hoping that this product would work for me, but I got a couple of zits in the process. I was surprised to of had that affect from this product. I used it wet and felt that it went on ok, but made my skin feel tight at first as soon as it dried it evened out well and was smooth. The coverage was great and lasted for about 8 hours. I am pretty disappointed that this irritated my skin as I did like it. I have sensitive acne prone skin and do have a hard time finding foundation that won't irritate my skin. :-(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really, really nice powder. It has a creamy, finely milled texture. I tried it wet with the sponge that came with it - awesome. I have been using it as a setting powder and it adds an extra layer of coverage that makes everything look even and smooth. It is pretty transfer resistant and lasts. It has not been the least bit drying.

It beats everything else I have sampled lately from Laura Mercier to Estee Lauder and I believe it is better than the Merle Norman Ultra Powder Foundation I used once upon a time. The best part is the price. The color selection is super limited. I have a have this in Cypress Beige and feel it is a hair dark but as least I don't look washed out. I have only been using this a few days and unless it breaks me out I will continue to purchase. The quality is astounding regardless of the price but it is this type of product that makes me think I should be able to find an amazing foundation without spending upwards of $40.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This product simply did nothing for me. I really wanted to love it, especially after these amazing MUA reviews but I was unable to finish even one pan of this product. The consistency of this powder is strange and cakey for me, and as others have said doesn't serve that well as a foundation powder. As a setting powder it's alright but I don't think I'll be repurchasing this anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by starslut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have barely used this product, but it looks wonderful so far. The main reason I'm writing this review now, so early in the product's initiation into my routine, is the exceptionally misleading reviews below.

Two MUAers have commented that the size of this powder foundation is smaller than most, and imply that either Palladio or Sally's is trying to pull one over on you.'

lol. No, those reviewers are doing bad math. I think they are comparing grams and ounces, but I'm not 100%

Philosophy Supernatural is .33 oz, Maybelline Minerals are .28 oz, AHAVA minerals are .30 oz, etc., etc.

All compare in size to Palladio's .28 oz. Let the purveyors of bad math and crushers of drugstore makeup dreams be silenced.

Onward my beauties, onward.

25 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by mollybaby

Love, love, love this powder! Been using this for about 3 yrs now. Coverage is absolutely perfect! I used to put concealer, but with this powder, you can just apply it on and you're good to go. Doesn't cake, and doesn't make me break out,too. I normally don't break out but whenever I get a pimple or two, this seems to make it go away much faster! This is waaaayyy better than MAC and all the other high end foundations I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by tuffers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, I really like this powder foundation as a setting powder, it doesn't provide enough coverage as a foundation on my 50 year old, aging skin. I use this over whatever liquid foundation I'm using at the time ( I like to experiment and switch around alot) but I never switch around my setting powder, I'm too happy with this one. Not only does it set my foundation, it adds an extra layer of coverage and makes my makeup stay on all day. The color I use is cypress beige and it's a perfect match for my light/medium skin tone. As another reviewer stated, if you use it dry, use a flat top kabuki style brush, the puff that it comes with is pretty useless. It doesn't dry out my already dry skin and it stays on for hours without a weird color change. The packaging is sturdy and looks like a department store product. Highly recommend!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by CET13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked this up at Ulta after reading the MUA reviews, and, after trying it the first time with the included sponge, was not impressed. So, I put it in the MU graveyard, and forgot about it. Several months later, in an effort to stick to a no-buy, I busted this guy out and tried again. This time, however, magical. The difference? My Sonia Kashuk flat top brush, and my Smashbox foundation brush. What a difference! Smooth, even coverage, and a velvety, radiant finish. I could kick myself for not experimenting sooner! And, best part, it lasted for a whole day! I have learned a few things about this foundation, which I have in Cypress Beige. First, use brushes. I use the foundation brush along my t-zone and in spots where I need more coverage, and then use the flat top to buff in all over the rest of my face. Second, I don't like this with a primer, but over my lotion+sunscreen. It looks too dry over a primer. Third, I need to skip the bronzer with this foundation--it leaves the finish too dark/orangey/odd, due to the slight bronzey/orangey cast of the product to begin with. Lastly, a finishing powder isn't really necessary, despite my oily tendancies...at least not until later in the day. I have yet to try this wet, since I'm so taken with my current strategy. Solid product with a great price point, which makes a polished face relatively effortless relatively quickly.