August 27, 2014 | 1945 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lady Danger

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this as a gift and I am pleased with it. It is a bright red-orange color. While it is not a shade I would typically buy, it is very nice when I want to wear something a little different/dressy. One thing I noticed about it which I do not like is that it fades unevenly. It lasts more at the edges of lips than in the middle, so reapplication is necessary. I would recommend this to someone who wants a bold lipstick that isn't the common red.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this lipstick! I am NC30-37 and this shade just brightens up my face, its a beautiful warm orange red. It has a matte finish but I don't find it particularly drying at all. I always use a red lip liner first to outline and fill in my lips. This lipstick is not transfer-resistant but minimal product comes off and it does leave your lips stained after drinking/eating which is great. Overall, a favourite of mine would highly recommend this shade from MAC.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by gingersnap250

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely love this super red RED lipstick. It's definitely in your face bright red -- an orange red. I wore it out last night, and my confidence factor and sexiness was just amped up, for sure! The formulation is VERY long lasting, and even after dinner, when you have to reapply, it's not absolutely necessary. One could put some balm or gloss over top and still have a lot of pigment underneath. One of my faces!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

Absolutely fierce colour. I enjoy Lady Danger after being slightly underwhelmed by So Chaud. Lady Danger is a warm orange-y red that doesn't lean in a coral direction, just a punchy, old school red. So Chaud was just not as flattering on me for some reason. Lady Danger is more intense and vibrant. I like this colour for days when I just want to wear cat eye liner and mascara. This is one of the more comfortable mattes and I recommend it if you are feeling bold >:)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by alaras

Now this is neon! It is NOT retro red or anything. It's bright!
A little drying but otherwise one of the best quality lipsticks of Mac. But this colour is not for the faint of heart.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by kragey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Straight off the bat, this is a VERY bright, in-your-face lipstick that WILL garner attention, so if you can't handle that, don't buy it! I, however, absolutely love it. I'm NW10, which is supposedly completely wrong for this lipstick, but I find that it looks incredibly striking. Most of MAC's matte lipsticks feel like pumice to me (cough, Ruby Woo, cough), but Lady Danger feels more like a satin: it's certainly not going to moisturize my lips, but it won't dry them out, either, and it applies smoothly as long as my lips are well-cared for. I like to press a thin layer in to my lips as a stain, then apply it full force, and it wears for absolute HOURS. It's so gorgeous, my friend went out and got one as soon as she saw me wearing it. It's not for the faint of heart, but for those of us who love a bold coral-red, it's at the top of the heap.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by soups12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been in search for the perfect orangeish red forever. This is it! This is not for the faint hearted, it is ridiculously bright. So if you're not into the super duper bright lip, give this one a miss. I'm a NC40 and it looks gorgeous against my complexion. Lady danger is a matte finish but highly moisturising and has great staying power. I would definitely recommend this lipstick! So glad I stumbled across this gem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by hisquiggle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Lady Danger might just be my new favorite lipstick. I basically only own bright lipsticks, as I'm too lazy to fool around with complicated eye makeup for the daytime so a bright lip is my preferred face accessory. In the tube, Lady Danger is a full intensity, super vibrant orange-red. On my medium-tan (NC35 in MAC foundation) Asian skin, it translates as mostly bright orange with just enough red so that it's not a true orange. Because Lady Danger contains such a hefty dose of orange, those with cool undertones in their skin might want to try it on before purchasing. I much prefer matte lipsticks to glossy ones, so I loved this formula (while it doesn't add moisture to my lips, it doesn't draw out any either), but I can see how this could be drying to those who are used to creamier lipsticks. I always make sure to moisturize and exfoliate my lips before using Lady Danger for a smooth application. As a smoker, it's extremely important for my lipsticks to be long-wearing and not to fade unevenly, and Lady Danger fulfills both of those requirements--it doesn't start fading until the 5th hour after application! My favorite way to wear Lady Danger is with a bold brow, huge lashes, a wash of gold or bronze eyeshadow, and a peach or coral blush.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by hummiemd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This looks like an orange nightmare on me.
It definitely did not agree with my skin tone.
Make sure to try this on in-store before purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by normaestrada19

Love the name, love the wear, love the color...oh heck, I love everything about this lipstick. Lady Danger is such a statement lipstick that it can almost be considered an accessory as much as a lipstick. On me this is a full on true orange, coral lipstick. There is red in it but on my lips it's almost orangey coral. I think this is due to almost zero pigmentation on my lips. This will brighten your whole look and it will have people stopping you and asking what lipstick you are wearing. Oh, and how I love saying "I'm wearing Lady Danger". I am having somewhat of a love affair with matte lipsticks. I normally never can wear this finish due to my super dry lips, but with the MAC Prep + Prime lip treatment, mattes have found a place in my heart. Just make sure to wear a lip balm over the primer and underneath the lipstick as mattes can be extra drying. Who wants to have cracked and dried looking lips with such a beautiful color such as this? Not me. Ladies you can also use this as a base to make your blushes last longer. I'm an oily girl who needs extra staying power when it comes to her makeup, and this just gives extra staying power. I'm soooo happy I met you Lady Danger :)