MAC Lady Danger

4.5

on 3/28/2013 3:31:00 PM

A bright red lipstick with an orange undertone, so I actually can't really wear this one, as my skintone is cool and I can't wear gold (but I still do) without looking like a h**ker. But my favorite Mac make up artist told me I could really pull it off, so I bought it. Was in loooove with it. Makes my teeth look a bit yellow, I must admit but I wear it in the evening (on a night out) so it doesn't show that much. It's a difficult red to wear but I'm glad i have it in my collection. I pair it with redd lipliner.

on 3/20/2013 10:30:00 PM

There's not much to say about this lipstick that hasn't already been said. I'm pale with green eyes and red hair, and I love the way it looks on me.
I'm writing a review to note that, if you're like me and prefer MAC's more matte and dry shades (like Ruby Woo) because they're super long-lasting and don't smudge very easily, this is another color with that texture. Others might want to stay away because they're really dry, but for me it's a huge plus.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This was just the wrong color of red for me. Or should I say, the wrong color of orange. I could see this looking amazing on NC30+ though.

on 2/7/2013 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Although I adore it now, Lady Danger and I have had a tumultuous makeup/wearer relationship, to say the least!

I had been eyeing the shade in the summer, but settled on Ruby Woo instead because it was out of stock. But I saw it again when December rolled around, and snatched it up without a second thought! Excitement! My longed-for colour had finally arrived! I gave it a swath over my lips upon my arrival home and.... woah. It was pretty dang bright. Like, super bright. The brightest lipstick I had ever owned, in fact. And dread proceeded to fill my heart. Too bold, too bright, I'll look like a poorly dressed clown! Nooooooo! But, alas, my Ruby Woo was simply a stub, so I adapted. And you know what? After a few months, I fell in love with Lady Danger all over again.

The shade is super pigmented and lasts all day long. It's a lovely matte, but much less drying than many other MAC reds, so I don't feel like my lips are peeling off 20 minutes or so into wearing it (thank goodness!). With my very pale skin and dark eye liner, it usually makes me look like a bit of a pin-up girl, which is a plus! An outline of liner and one go-around is usually enough to cover my lips for the whole day, so it's not much hassle at all.

The only cons I really have with Lady Danger are that it is a bit pricey if you're buying outside of the USA (like me, sob...), and also that the brightness takes A LOT of getting used to, so don't get discouraged with it too quickly! It is a fantastic lipstick, that will most likely make you look even more fabulous than you already are! :)

on 1/23/2013 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Lady Danger has been on my wishlist for a very long time and when I saw it on a blog sale, I caved in and bought it. Itís one of the most show stopping reds Iíve ever seen and one of MACís most iconic lipstick shades.

Lady Danger is a matte lipstick with a strong orange undertone. Easily the brightest red I have in my collection, it is superbly pigmented Ė all of the pictures taken below are with just one swipe! Itís quite a timeless red, I can imagine it being a classic pin-up shade, but I have seen lots of celebrities (Christina Aguilera, Chloe Sevigny) wearing Lady Danger too. I'm a Persian girl with brown-black eyes and dark hair for reference.

Itís so bright and intense, and because itís matte, extremely long lasting. Itís not at all drying for a MAC matte, but when I wear it I take my time applying it and use a lip brush to make it look more defined. If you want a warm-toned statement red lipstick, look no further.

It makes my lips look plump and juicy, always a bonus as I am quite thinned lipped. Itís also incredibly similar to NARS Red Square, I would say itís just a tiny bit more brighter. If you have one, then you donít really need to have the other.

on 12/27/2012 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Ah yes. This is my "look at me now" look. It makes any plainoutfit pop. Love it. I'm nc40 latina with asian feaures.

on 12/25/2012 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

MAC Lady Danger. What can I say about MAC Lady Danger. I think no matter how many people go to Ruby Woo, or Russian Red, the talk will always come around to Lady Danger.

I saw it in some magazines and was intrigued. I have olive skin which tends to yellow, so I don't really agree with straight orange lipstick. I'd love to, so many of my friends can pull it off but I always look a bit silly. Revlon Fire & Ice broke my heart because I had my heart set on a strong orange/red (and I do love Revlon) but it really did look heinous on my lips.

So I was comforted by Lady Danger being referred to as a red-orange, but also a showstopper, a risk-taking kind of colour that isn't for everyone. the Amelia Earhart of lipsticks! but with a tough bright edge, like a blonde in a Raymond Chandler novel.

I went through such a palaver to get it after ordering alone (somewhere in transit, a person read the label on the envelope and ripped it out of it, delivering an empty bubble-wrapped paper shell!) But eventually I received it, purchased on eBay for a slight saving (it's still pretty expensive for one lippy!)

And I was a little, but a little, disappointed. It was eye-popping, yes, and I certainly got a few words from people wearing it out for the first time. But for me, it could be even brighter! It comes out on me like the first photo here--it is very orange-red. It almost feels tame sometimes! Perhaps I need to use a lipliner and maybe a lip brush to make it stand out.

I have photos of me with it on though, and it's very lovely. I have problems with chapped lips but with a dot of Vaseline, it glides on nicely. It even feels moisturising, I have to touch up when eating or drinking, or pop on some clear gloss at the middle of the day/night--but it still feels great and I think that justifies the price a little, MAC makes some great stuff.

It is my go-to when I don't feel like red or shades closer to fuchsia/pink, but also when I want something that gives a little pop. On my yellow-ish skin with a made-up face it doesn't come out its strongest, but it's still a compelling shade. Packaging and moisturising also justify the price, so I will repurchase--but once i've melted down and used every inch of this tube.

I suggest people buy into the hype and try it, I think it changes to suit the face and wearer, you may be in for a pleasant surprise!

I adore this bright orange-red matte lipstick. On my yellow NC20 fair skin this colour is very, very bright, but so gorgeous. Yes, its matte which does leave you with dry lips at the end of the day, but it really does last for hours, with little reapplication needed. This fiery colour is lovely paired with a clean face(i just use a light layer of MACs face and body) and curled lashes and defined brows. It's a great pick me up for those days when you're wanting to add something to your outfit. Go try this out if you're on the look for a long lasting dragon red, it's worth it!

on 12/10/2012 9:26:00 PM

I really wanted to love Lady Danger because I do love it on other people. But I was disappointed when I received it and tried it on, it just does not suit me! I am a brunette with slightly olive but fair skin tone. I'm not sure if I didn't like it because I'm not used to seeing an intense colour like this on me (I usually go for darker deeper reds like Russian Red) but it was just so orange! And bright! I feel like I looked like a bit of a clown and maybe I just can't pull it off like some other girls can. Wish I had tried a tester at a store before purchasing online as it would have saved me the money. I will probably just give this one to my friend. It is a shame because besides this colour, I love everything else about Mac lipsticks and might just stick with the shade/s I know suits me.

on 12/5/2012 6:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I LOVE THIS. Maybe I am weird, though - other commenters are saying it's long-lasting and won't budge, but it absolutely budges on me when I drink or eat something. I've applied three times already today! But I don't care. It looks so pretty and fresh and bright and fun. I wear it to work daily.

Recommended for Medium Skin