Chantecaille Loose powder

4.5

on 1/16/2004 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just wasn't impressed with this powder...besides the impossible to carry in your purse task..Im med w/yellow u/tones and I have it in Ray and I though it was too orangey..and the powder really didnt give me that flawless look I was looking and hoping for..plus I don't think it suited my skin..I can't be 100% sure but i think it irritated my skin also...

on 1/7/2004 9:58:00 PM

This loose powder is one of my favorites, I find myself wearing it at least 3-4 times a week, I got mine in "light" which I believe is the lightest one they have (but I could be wrong)good match for my LLL complexion. $50 dollars retail price.

on 1/5/2004 1:00:00 PM

Beautiful finish with subtle sparkles. LOVE the product--HATE the packaging.

on 12/5/2003 3:53:00 AM

My HG loose powder! Granted I haven't tried many diff. loose powder yet, but compare to the shiseido one, it gives a bit more shimmer so the skin doesn't look so dead matte. It doesn't dry my skin out at all or look chalky no matter how much i put on. It sets the makeup well and the slight shimmer makes me look so healthy like I have naturl great skin ^_^

on 10/31/2003 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have this in Shadow and it goes very well with my DDD skin. I love the feel of it, the soft look it adds, the match to my skin tone and the setting aspect of it. The packaging, though attractive, is not travel friendly as it spills all over inside the container which makes a huge mess if not kept upright. But the quality of the powder is high and it sets my cream foundation. I wear VLWC in Golden Tan, Chantecaille SPF 30 Real Skin in Bronze.

on 10/2/2003 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I think this powder is great. I have pale to medium skin. I could have worn Subtle, which is a very natural shade, but I chose Ray, as it has more yellow and evens out the redness in my skin. I use this powder over Real Skin or sometimes just alone with blush/bronzer. The powder is soft and fine as silk plus no talc to irritate sensitive skin. I have read some complaints about the packaging, but personally I love the nickel container. I think it is so fun and easy to use. I can really swirl my brush in it, unlike other brands that make the sifter too small.

on 8/24/2003 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

It is one of my two favourite loose powder after purchased over dozen brands - KP is another one which is a bit drier than Chantecaille. The powder is not dry and keeps my combination skin fresh in summer. I have 'light' which is a bit too light for my summer skin tone but it's very sheer and almost looks transparent. My nose has flakey skin occassionally & this powder cover it perfectly.

COMPLAINT: the package design is poor for such a pricy product - the powder tends to spill out easily. 5 lipsticks are given purely for the quality of the powder.

on 6/14/2003 3:49:00 PM

I just bought this powder and I love it! Very light and silky. Gives a nice finish either alone or over foundation. This is the best loose powder I have ever used. Not cheap -- but considering other top of the line powders run from $32 - $48, this one at $50 is still within reason. It will last quite a while too.

i have this in light and subtle and it's great. it's soft and somewhat glowy and keeps my oilies at bay, and HAS NO TALC! the packaging is a pain in the a** though. my skin looks better after I use this and their foundation:)

on 6/1/2003 10:16:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have this powder in Light, which I sometimes use to set my foundation (usually Chantecaille Real Skin Spf 30 in Bliss, or Paula Dorf Face Tint in Just Glo) when I need a more matte finish for a polished look. I rated the powder as a four, simply because I prefer Guerlain's Les Meteorites loose powder spheres for a glowy look. Also, I find the Chantecaille Loose Powder container to be somewhat messier than other brands, which disappoints me for the price I paid! Overall, though, the powder itself is very sheer, and natural, never cakey or powdery. I would purchase again, but I wish I could love the container as much as the powder within it.

Recommended for Normal Skin