September 18, 2014 | 1429 users online

Fragrances - Nina Ricci - Nina (New)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2009 3:34:00 AM More reviews by DeeDee1957

This perfume is a classy understater, it is perfect for work. Use small amounts only. You feel classy without knocking out the office.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by julianacake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this unsniffed based on a couple stellar reviews I read here. Since some reviewers mentioned that they are prone to fragrance-induced headaches, but that this one did not cause them, I was oh-so-hopeful. Also, I could relate to a reviewer who stated that she very much likes Pink Sugar, but cannot always take its pure sweetness. She mentioned that she reaches for Nina when she wants something a little more complex, but still sweet. Throw in the red apple notes, and I really thought this would be The One for me. I just don't get it. I don't smell sugar; I don't smell red apple deliciousness. I do smell the citrus notes and general sweetness, but also definitely detect woodsy notes (in fact the box in which it was packed smelled strongly of sandlewood - not a favorite scent of mine). That's about it, really. I don't get the young, flirty descriptor on this one. I think it kind of seems old-timey. I will keep trying with this because I despise the thought of wasting money on this. I don't really see it going anywhere, though...Pretty disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2009 7:40:00 PM More reviews by etherealnotes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Girly, romantic, playful, young at heart...sparkling lime and lemon...then soft fragrances of apple toffee and moonflower...very pretty...too bad sillage and longevity are below average...I can only smell it when I have my nose a few inches away from spray spot...I tried to overspray to gain more sillage but that only made the fragrance extra sweet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by NancyDrew27

Wow...how did I overlook Nina for such a long time? I was drawn to this fragrance because of the bottle, which is undeniably adorable, and then fell in love with the fresh sweetness of the apple-themed scent, itself.

Where to begin? Well, for starters, if you're a fan of sweet scents, but find many of them to be too cloying or headache-inducing (Pink Sugar, Angel, Flowerbomb - all of which I adore but find to be a bit too much at times), and you're looking for a fresher sort of sweet, please, find a tester of Nina and give it a try! Being a fan of the aforementioned fragrances, I passed Nina up several times, thinking it was probably TOO fresh, or too much like the apple-themed DKNY Be Delicious. I was wrong.

Fans of Be Delicious may end up loving Nina, but this is a very different take on the scent of apples. Where Be Delicious has an obvious theme of green apple, Nina blends a sweet, yet crisp red apple into a heart of sugar. But this isn't an artificial-candy-confectioner's sort of sugar that smells of cake or baked goods; it's a rather natural smell that's bursting with fun, flirty tones. The lemon, lime, and red apple mingle so perfectly with the sweeter, woodier accords and the slight hint of delicate florals, that it's hard to say exactly what type of fragrance genre Nina falls into. The most obvious is fruity floral, which I suppose it is, but don't be surprised to find yourself taken aback by the maturity and straightforward attitude of Nina, in a genre so filled with naive and ditzy obliviousness. This is no LE Escada, unremarkable and soon forgotten; this is on par with Miss Dior Cherie - the only other fruity floral I own, these two being exceptions due to a seamless blending on the perfumer's part, and a happy tone that vibrates throughout the fragrance that is unforced and at once, beautiful and contagious.

Alas, the staying power of Nina isn't fantastic, nor is the sillage; however I've found that the longevity is increased tenfold when sprayed on a scarf and in my hair, taking three hours' worth of wear to ten or more. Towards the end of the dry-down, Nina is muskier, with the florals coming through, and becoming more apparent than at any time prior in the scent's duration. At this point, Nina is still sweet and fresh, just a bit more romantic and less enthusiastic than she was upon her arrival. I'd also recommend purchasing the smaller rollerball from Sephora for touch-ups, as I've heard the apple-shaped bottle has a tendency to break easily when transported.

I adore French perfumes for their brave personalities and unique confidence. This has been one of the best-selling perfumes in France since its release a few years ago, and I can certainly see why. Though I adore rich and dramatic orientals, Nina lets me mingle with the fresher, fruitier side of the perfume pallete without feeling like a stranger who doesn't belong. She is a friend to both sides and she sings their praises beautifully and equally.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by pinkpointeshoe

My favorite scent, I wear it almost every day. Very light and inoffensive, it's nothing groundbreaking but it's really hard to dislike Nina! I love sweet gourmand scents but find them too overpowering for everyday wear. Nina is sweet, but a very fresh kind of sweet that isn't overpowering or headache-inducing in any way. Citrus-y and fruit-y on the opening, the heart is creamy and you can definitely smell the praline and vanilla, while the dry down is true to the description- white cedar. I reccomend buying a rollerball or lotion to touchup throughout the day, because the staying power isn't great but it smells so good you'll want to reapply! I can tell why this has been a bestseller in France and can't imagine why more stores don't sell it in the States.
UPDATE: This goes GREAT with "Country Apple" lotion from Bath and Body works!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 4:48:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

Scent: sugary sweetness with a bit of cream, apple and vanilla. (Not as sweet as Aquolina's pink sugar--Nina smells a bit fresher, and also more romantic).

PROS: Smells beautiful. Great lasting power. Adorable packaging!

CONS: A bit spendy.

Overall, I love this fragrance and would absolutely buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2009 7:08:00 PM More reviews by kizkad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

PROS:
- Gorgeous bottle
- smells so lovely, like fresh candied apples and sugar sugar sugar
- very long lasting
- very unoffending, likeable fragrance
- can get it for a very good price if you look around

CONS:
- very forgettable, could never be a HG for me
- it is VERY easy to get sick of this perfume i think i should have worn it about once a month but i wore it on a daily basis and i got fed up very easily now its just sitting there looking pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Besitos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was visiting my cousin and she had been wearing this scent...I loved it! When I got back from vacation I went to Sephora and got a sample, wore it for a week...I loved it! I eventually decided that it was worth purchasing, I received it as a Mother's Day gift and guess what??? I LOVE IT! It's not a scent I thought I would like and resisted purchasing it but I have to say it is lovely!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2009 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Passionfruit82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

this perfume is so sweet and fresh,it's perfectly balanced,I usually like fresh perfumes,and not too sugary or heavy ones,this is fruity,but not cheap smelling,delicious,and the bottle is really cute,shaped like an apple.This is best suited for daytime,and not long lasting.I think it's best for women age 15-40,but my mum is 60 and she loves this as well.Would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by vhemminger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite perfumes! This is a great everyday scent...fresh and sweet. The roll on is also great for carrying around in your purse and the lotions smell great too. Lasts a long time and the scent stays true. I always get compliments on it!