November 21, 2014 | 1762 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Barbarella

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2007 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

I usually love NARS lipsticks, my favorites being Honolulu Honey, Belle de Jour and Mojave. Barbarella is a beautiful nude peach-pink (more pink on me, NC30) but the color is the only good thing I can say about it. It went on too sheer and the formula was drying. If I wear it over lipbalm, it goes on unevenly. Very disappointing. I'm amazed at the people who are calling this "creamy," I find it anything but.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2007 8:39:00 PM More reviews by CraxFactor

This lipstick made me look jaundiced for the longest. But I was determined to stick with it, because of raves here and pictures of it looking gorgeous on other pale girls. It took judicious lip balm application, a lip liner, a lip brush, and a pinky blush to make this look good on me. Some lipsticks are worth changing your entire look for. . . "le shrug." Done right, this makes me look like I'm 17 again, but prettier. You at Seventeen But Better (YaSBB)!

I don't like the finish very much. The coverage is not as consistent as I've gotten used to using glosses. It tends to settle into my lip lines and look kind of fake-y when I smile. I may just stop smiling. Some lipsticks are even worth changing your disposition for. [Ed. - "There are some lipsticks for which even changing your disposition is worthwhile" - too many end prepositions today.]

EDIT: I think this looks like crap on me again, and it's too drying. NARS remorse. Damn it I love loving NARS, I just don't know what to do lately. I Know I'll Never Love This Way Again.

EDIT: Napoli is closer to the lipstick I wanted; almost unnatural vibrant peachy nude :(

EDIT: I started wearing this over chapstick, and with a lot more powder on my face (it's winter, look like crap), and now I love it again. I do think it's kind of a trendy color I'll probably regret when I look back on the photos.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2007 10:52:00 PM More reviews by ingenue

The perfect pink-toned nude lipstick for my NC35 (dark hair dark eyes) skin...it looks absolutely beautiful on its own or under a gloss, and is so comfy to wear. I pair it under NARS Foul Play lipgloss for night, when I go all smokey-eyed. Took me ages to find a nude lippie that didn't make me look deathly washed out, so this truly is a HG find for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2007 1:56:00 AM More reviews by PrincessScuzzlebutt2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best light peach for my NC40 st tropez skin. I love this lipstick!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2007 12:04:00 PM More reviews by runnergirl7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This and MAC Curtsy have become my absolute favourite summer lipsticks. On me, this is a nice light, but not too light, pinky peach, mostly peach, colour. It's not too light that it washes me out; just makes me glow. For reference, I'm pale, neutral skin tone with brown eyes and highlighted blonde hair. Slightly drying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2007 1:08:00 AM More reviews by ruqayya33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this peachy-pink-nude shade. It's a lovely creamy matte (no shimmer/sparkle)nude daytime color and looks very natural next to my medium/dark beige skin tone. It's a bit pricey for an otherwise ordinary lipstick, but I have yet to find a comparable color at the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2007 10:54:00 PM More reviews by powljbabi

I LOVE this lipstick! It's one of my HGs. If you are looking for the perfect pinky nude lipstick, this might be it! I absolutely adore pinky/peachy nude lipsticks, but if they're too dark, I look like a freak...if they're too light, I look washed out. It's so hard to find that perfect nude shade to fit your skintone. Well, Barbarella works for people who are tanned and people who are pale. Doesn't ever make me look washed out and brings out my complexion. With a little blush, I look so radiant. The only bad thing is that this lipstick might be a little drying and it wears off after you eat and drink. Tried it, loved it, and would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2007 9:29:00 PM More reviews by malloryknox

I bought this listick on whim, after becoming obsessed with both 'Dolce Vita' & 'Casablanca'. To begin, I absolutely adore the packaging of all NARS products, as they are both well-designed and admirably sexy. I have dark brown hair, a few freckles and very fair complexion (Laura Mercier TM -Porcelain) and hazel eyes. This is THE perfect shade for my skin tone, though it is quite sheer. I tend to blot and reapply until I reach the right shade. Highly recommended color, and while I doubt it works on everyone, it is my HG. The one drawback is the substantial price, but I prefer to spend on lipstick as the pigment tends to last longer. To top it all off, I love that its called Barbarella, as I assume that it was Jane Fonda's character that inspired this name.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2006 4:38:00 PM More reviews by AxlsRose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this colour!! Would have rated it 5 stars if it wasnt so sheer.

Id love NARS to make this colour in a more durable lipstick, as I always find sheer dont have a lot of staying power and constantly need to be reapplied.

However, the colour is just gorgeous - a peachy nude that is so pretty and natural.

Probably my favourite lipstick of the moment, except as I said, that it's a little too sheer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2006 2:52:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

this is a light-medium apricot/peach with some pink on my uber pigmented lips...i prefer this over Napoli.....i'm not too much of a fan of the formula coz its a bit drying on me..i prefer the texture of mac lustre's and its cheaper......MMM w/ yellow undertones, C5/C40 skintone.