December 22, 2014 | 1055 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Mask

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by navmakeup

I can say this product didnt do anything other than clean my skin .... i wish it helped my acne or blackheads but it didnt do anything at all .. very disappointed .. i will not purchase this again .. its more for sensitive skins who are looking for a mask for rare bumps they get on their face ..

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by kirikadawn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

The rep suggested this for me to help me with my crazy skin which is dry and oily and everything inbetween at once and I break out a lot. So okay. I bought it and religiously used it once a week until the pot ran out (which took a while, it lasts a long time).
I can't say it did much for me. Yep, it made my skin squeaky clean but even my face wash does that. It didn't help with breakouts at all, in fact I'm sort of wondering if it made them worse since now I've been out of it for two months and my skin is actually better then before. Or maybe it's the summer.
But it did sting a bit and my face had red patches after using it.
So maybe it works for someone but not for me. I won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2011 7:52:00 AM More reviews by markysa

No. No, no. Isn't tea tree oil supposed to calm your skin from breaking out? And doesn't this claim to help inflamed skin? Or maybe there's something that says 'whatever we say, we do the opposite' somewhere on the packaging that I missed. Or maybe, because I bought this on sale in a massively reduced price, the efficacy is similarly reduced. Whatever the cause is, I just spent my money to embellish my face with humongous, nutso and painful ensemble of acne.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2011 2:00:00 AM More reviews by TaffyCheeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love the feeling of this mask when it's on - Nice and minty, but not too overwhelming. It's a little hard to take remove. I had to rinse my face a little to get it off. I think it made my pores look smaller with use, but it also broke me out horribly.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by rebonjour

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Me: 18, very fair, very sensitive, combination skin (oily forehead and nose, dry cheeks)

I've tried a few of the Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil products as a friend of mine uses their cleaner and toner religiously. Unfortunately, the menthol in this mask is far too harsh for my skin. I use pure tea tree oil on my skin on a regular basis without any burning sensations, but after I used this mask, my face was very red and painful to the touch. About a day later, I discovered several new "little friends" in the form of new pimples. I'm not a fan of the Body Shop's long list of facial care ingredients, especially considering their marketing as a natural company. For example, the limonene in this mask is also used as a paint stripper; myristyl myristate is listed at a 5 (the highest ranking) on the comedogenic scale. Using this product as an acne treatment will likely aggravate breakouts for most people.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by anna0banana

Although I did enjoy this mask because it gave me the "cooling" sensation without drying up like clay masks, it simply didn't do anything for my blemishes, which is probably because the tea tree oil percentage is so low. Using your normal cleanser and some tea tree oil on a q-tip for spot treatments will do you a lot more good than this mask so don't waste your money on it if you are actually looking for something to clear up your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2011 2:22:00 AM More reviews by imarussiandoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't have much experience with facial masks but I kinda like this mask. I wouldn't buy it for the full price but since it was on sale I grabbed it. I like how this mask feels when you have it on, it's really refreshing and cooling. I don't know if it does much for my breakouts but meh, it's okey.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 5:05:00 AM More reviews by Aries13

I LOVE this mask! I don't mind the packaging because before I dip my fingers in, my hands are obviously washed, thus minimizing the contamination process. This mask is so refreshing and I have super oily/acne prone skin. I've been using it almost every day and it's made my skin free of break outs. I don't lie when I say my skin is super oily and using this mask every day has made it a little dry, but I have moisturizers to take care of that. I'd rather have my skin a little dry rather than have pimples. But it's a great value and will work for those who have super oily skin or acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by mrs924

i think i paid about 16 dollars for this product. ive used it about five times now. ive got to say im not exactly sure WHAT its doing to my skin but its definitely doing something. i use it at night and will remove my makeup with EVOO and then apply the mask directly over it so it seals in all the oil. i let it sit for 15 minutes and then hop in the shower and take it off then go about my normal routine. and ever since i started using it, my skin feels like it can breath so much better right after i take it off. also, when i have those lazy nights and fall asleep without washing my face (we all have them, dont lie haha) i dont wake up with a blemish or two on my face anymore! i useto never get away with that i would always pay the price the next morning. down side to this product obviously is the packaging. I spoon it out and then dump the spoon full on my hand so that im never dipping my fingers into the actual tub. it doesnt take a lot of this to do the trick. first time i used it it was VERY tingly, almost unpleasant. but it went away and now when i use it it barely tingles. also mask doesnt dry.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by aharp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

The Tea Tree Oil line at The Body Shop is formulated for acne-prone skin. And yet, this mask broke me out. I have sensitive skin so I'm used to getting rashes from things that my skin dislikes, but rarely do I get pimples from things my skin dislikes. This stuff gave me pimples.

That said, that's me. Other things about this:
Colour: a kind of greyish-green clay look to it (it contains kaolin clay so no surprise there)
Smell: the camphorous smell of tea tree oil (which some love -me- and others find "medicinal" at best), combined with what I can only describe as "skin care smell" - that smell of plastic-packaged cream or lotion. Plus a bit musty.
Texture: again, no surprises: thick, clay-like, goes on like spreading wet clay on your face; dries fairly quickly (supposed to keep on for 10 min or so) and doesn't do the crusty falling off thing that some do when they dry and you happen to move your face.

If you're feeling lucky maybe give it a try. But don't overestimate your chances. It's made for acne-prone skin, but even so...