October 25, 2014 | 1993 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Mask

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by anna0banana

Although I did enjoy this mask because it gave me the "cooling" sensation without drying up like clay masks, it simply didn't do anything for my blemishes, which is probably because the tea tree oil percentage is so low. Using your normal cleanser and some tea tree oil on a q-tip for spot treatments will do you a lot more good than this mask so don't waste your money on it if you are actually looking for something to clear up your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2011 2:22:00 AM More reviews by imarussiandoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't have much experience with facial masks but I kinda like this mask. I wouldn't buy it for the full price but since it was on sale I grabbed it. I like how this mask feels when you have it on, it's really refreshing and cooling. I don't know if it does much for my breakouts but meh, it's okey.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 5:05:00 AM More reviews by Aries13

I LOVE this mask! I don't mind the packaging because before I dip my fingers in, my hands are obviously washed, thus minimizing the contamination process. This mask is so refreshing and I have super oily/acne prone skin. I've been using it almost every day and it's made my skin free of break outs. I don't lie when I say my skin is super oily and using this mask every day has made it a little dry, but I have moisturizers to take care of that. I'd rather have my skin a little dry rather than have pimples. But it's a great value and will work for those who have super oily skin or acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by mrs924

i think i paid about 16 dollars for this product. ive used it about five times now. ive got to say im not exactly sure WHAT its doing to my skin but its definitely doing something. i use it at night and will remove my makeup with EVOO and then apply the mask directly over it so it seals in all the oil. i let it sit for 15 minutes and then hop in the shower and take it off then go about my normal routine. and ever since i started using it, my skin feels like it can breath so much better right after i take it off. also, when i have those lazy nights and fall asleep without washing my face (we all have them, dont lie haha) i dont wake up with a blemish or two on my face anymore! i useto never get away with that i would always pay the price the next morning. down side to this product obviously is the packaging. I spoon it out and then dump the spoon full on my hand so that im never dipping my fingers into the actual tub. it doesnt take a lot of this to do the trick. first time i used it it was VERY tingly, almost unpleasant. but it went away and now when i use it it barely tingles. also mask doesnt dry.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by aharp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

The Tea Tree Oil line at The Body Shop is formulated for acne-prone skin. And yet, this mask broke me out. I have sensitive skin so I'm used to getting rashes from things that my skin dislikes, but rarely do I get pimples from things my skin dislikes. This stuff gave me pimples.

That said, that's me. Other things about this:
Colour: a kind of greyish-green clay look to it (it contains kaolin clay so no surprise there)
Smell: the camphorous smell of tea tree oil (which some love -me- and others find "medicinal" at best), combined with what I can only describe as "skin care smell" - that smell of plastic-packaged cream or lotion. Plus a bit musty.
Texture: again, no surprises: thick, clay-like, goes on like spreading wet clay on your face; dries fairly quickly (supposed to keep on for 10 min or so) and doesn't do the crusty falling off thing that some do when they dry and you happen to move your face.

If you're feeling lucky maybe give it a try. But don't overestimate your chances. It's made for acne-prone skin, but even so...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by sherpa

I just bought this and tried it out today. I personally love the tea tree oil line at the body shop and its done wonders for my skin so I decided to give this a go. It smells pretty much the same as the rest of the tea tree products, except maybe a little less strong. It's nice to apply, not to thick or thin, and I found I really didn't need too much of it. I left it on for about 15 minutes. The label said the product doesn't dry but for me it did, which was good.

Washing it off was a little weird, I found it left a bit of a gummy layer on my face. I just use my hands to wash my face and I think this problem could be easily remedied by just using a wash cloth. One thing I liked about this product was that it wasn't too drying, unlike some other TBS tea tree oil products. It made my skin feel smooth, too.

Looking at my face a couple hours later, it's really nice. The redness I have is really reduced and overall I'm liking this so far!

PS - The instructions for using the mask (or any body shop product, really) are on the bottom of the container - you have to peel back a layer and underneath it gives you directions.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 5:46:00 AM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this mask, I thought it was a bit pricey but for the amount I use to cover my whole face it's a good deal. I actually don't hate that it is in a jar, I find it easier for face masks because tubes always end up getting lost in the mine field that is my beauty care collection.

Anyways, I really do love this mask. It's very refreshing and tingles upon application, dries well and is absolutely great for stubborn breakouts that refuse to come to the surface. I have managed to almost control my breakouts but I get about one pimple a week these days and they are usually very painful and deep. One thick application of this stuff usually brings them to the surface and alleviates my suffering. Before I got this I had a very painful one right under my nose for several days- once I put it on the next day it was all but gone and no more pain! I do recommend you apply this a little heavy handed- I find when I only apply a thin layer I get much less of the glowy effect and that it doesn't work as well on pimples. Also awesome as a spot treatment before bed! For my fair skin this is a wonderful product and it really brings out the natural beauty of my skin, my boyfriend even complimented me on how nice my skin looked.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 3:52:00 AM More reviews by karo89

This product is awesome. I have very acne prone, sensitive skin and this product did not irritate my skin at all. Tea tree oil has anti-bacterial qualities which helped sooth any pimples that I may have had at the time and withdraw any excess sebum from my skin. You can actually see the sebum (gross I know) on your face before you wash the product off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best mask I have ever used and I am going to buy it over and over! I get my entire face waxed every two months with no problems, but this past time I broke out very bad and my face became very irritated. My skin felt sore and I had little red bumps everywhere. I went to the body shop and they recommended this. I used it the day after my wax and I swear the next day my skin was 75% better. I was back to normal within 2-3 days! This stuff really soothes your skin, it gets rid of that irritation feel and treats acne to wear it heals very fast!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by noomitje8

I love this!
I don't have acne, I just get some pimples on my chin when I'm around *that time of the month*. I use this every other day before and during my period only on my chin, and about once every three weeks all over my face.

Haven't had a hormonal pimple since, and my complexion is glowier than it used to be. I feel like this really deep cleans my face!

However I seriously dislike the packaging, so that's why I took one lippie off! Jars should be banned in general!