July 23, 2014 | 1843 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by mrs924

i think i paid about 16 dollars for this product. ive used it about five times now. ive got to say im not exactly sure WHAT its doing to my skin but its definitely doing something. i use it at night and will remove my makeup with EVOO and then apply the mask directly over it so it seals in all the oil. i let it sit for 15 minutes and then hop in the shower and take it off then go about my normal routine. and ever since i started using it, my skin feels like it can breath so much better right after i take it off. also, when i have those lazy nights and fall asleep without washing my face (we all have them, dont lie haha) i dont wake up with a blemish or two on my face anymore! i useto never get away with that i would always pay the price the next morning. down side to this product obviously is the packaging. I spoon it out and then dump the spoon full on my hand so that im never dipping my fingers into the actual tub. it doesnt take a lot of this to do the trick. first time i used it it was VERY tingly, almost unpleasant. but it went away and now when i use it it barely tingles. also mask doesnt dry.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by aharp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

The Tea Tree Oil line at The Body Shop is formulated for acne-prone skin. And yet, this mask broke me out. I have sensitive skin so I'm used to getting rashes from things that my skin dislikes, but rarely do I get pimples from things my skin dislikes. This stuff gave me pimples.

That said, that's me. Other things about this:
Colour: a kind of greyish-green clay look to it (it contains kaolin clay so no surprise there)
Smell: the camphorous smell of tea tree oil (which some love -me- and others find "medicinal" at best), combined with what I can only describe as "skin care smell" - that smell of plastic-packaged cream or lotion. Plus a bit musty.
Texture: again, no surprises: thick, clay-like, goes on like spreading wet clay on your face; dries fairly quickly (supposed to keep on for 10 min or so) and doesn't do the crusty falling off thing that some do when they dry and you happen to move your face.

If you're feeling lucky maybe give it a try. But don't overestimate your chances. It's made for acne-prone skin, but even so...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by sherpa

I just bought this and tried it out today. I personally love the tea tree oil line at the body shop and its done wonders for my skin so I decided to give this a go. It smells pretty much the same as the rest of the tea tree products, except maybe a little less strong. It's nice to apply, not to thick or thin, and I found I really didn't need too much of it. I left it on for about 15 minutes. The label said the product doesn't dry but for me it did, which was good.

Washing it off was a little weird, I found it left a bit of a gummy layer on my face. I just use my hands to wash my face and I think this problem could be easily remedied by just using a wash cloth. One thing I liked about this product was that it wasn't too drying, unlike some other TBS tea tree oil products. It made my skin feel smooth, too.

Looking at my face a couple hours later, it's really nice. The redness I have is really reduced and overall I'm liking this so far!

PS - The instructions for using the mask (or any body shop product, really) are on the bottom of the container - you have to peel back a layer and underneath it gives you directions.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 5:46:00 AM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this mask, I thought it was a bit pricey but for the amount I use to cover my whole face it's a good deal. I actually don't hate that it is in a jar, I find it easier for face masks because tubes always end up getting lost in the mine field that is my beauty care collection.

Anyways, I really do love this mask. It's very refreshing and tingles upon application, dries well and is absolutely great for stubborn breakouts that refuse to come to the surface. I have managed to almost control my breakouts but I get about one pimple a week these days and they are usually very painful and deep. One thick application of this stuff usually brings them to the surface and alleviates my suffering. Before I got this I had a very painful one right under my nose for several days- once I put it on the next day it was all but gone and no more pain! I do recommend you apply this a little heavy handed- I find when I only apply a thin layer I get much less of the glowy effect and that it doesn't work as well on pimples. Also awesome as a spot treatment before bed! For my fair skin this is a wonderful product and it really brings out the natural beauty of my skin, my boyfriend even complimented me on how nice my skin looked.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 3:52:00 AM More reviews by karo89

This product is awesome. I have very acne prone, sensitive skin and this product did not irritate my skin at all. Tea tree oil has anti-bacterial qualities which helped sooth any pimples that I may have had at the time and withdraw any excess sebum from my skin. You can actually see the sebum (gross I know) on your face before you wash the product off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best mask I have ever used and I am going to buy it over and over! I get my entire face waxed every two months with no problems, but this past time I broke out very bad and my face became very irritated. My skin felt sore and I had little red bumps everywhere. I went to the body shop and they recommended this. I used it the day after my wax and I swear the next day my skin was 75% better. I was back to normal within 2-3 days! This stuff really soothes your skin, it gets rid of that irritation feel and treats acne to wear it heals very fast!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by noomitje8

I love this!
I don't have acne, I just get some pimples on my chin when I'm around *that time of the month*. I use this every other day before and during my period only on my chin, and about once every three weeks all over my face.

Haven't had a hormonal pimple since, and my complexion is glowier than it used to be. I feel like this really deep cleans my face!

However I seriously dislike the packaging, so that's why I took one lippie off! Jars should be banned in general!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Flashpua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm glad this product has worked out well with many of you, in my case it does absolutely nothing. Has a nice texture, and my skin does feel fresher and cleaner...but only feels, it doesn't look that way and definetely does nothing about blemishes that started appearing again.
Sometimes I put it on blemishes at night but it's the same thing because the mask does not dry. Think I'm gonna stick to the Body Shop shower gels, they're awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by annabanana10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the absolute BEST product I have ever used on my face. I've been using it since summer of 2010 and when I came back to school everyone was complimenting me on my skin. And just today, my aunt started ranting about how clear my skin is. I love being in pictures now and I don't freak out about not putting loads and loads of makeup on every single day. This is just the best product and everyone could try it because The Body Shop has products for every type of skin. It's just fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 5:06:00 AM More reviews by lynowens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I just washed this off my face a couple minutes ago.

When applied, it gives a tingly sensation that might cause your skin to be a tad red. I guess it means it's getting absorbed? (no?) Just tingly, not burning, pretty relaxing somehow.

You don't exactly need a very thick layer. so i scoop out a little (argh the tub) and place it on the back of my hand, before applying it on my face with a brush, and then going over on the blemishes.

I would wait till the mask turns abit opaque, like a chalky green (about 20mins) before washing it off with warm water. gives a soft,clean, refreshed skin with soothed pimples. i likey (: