Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Bleu Marine

4.6

NEW INGREDIENTS: Talc, Propylene Glycol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Alcohol Denat., VP/VA Copolymer, Polyethylene, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Alumina, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol. May Contain ( /-): CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 7799 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide). OLD INGREDIENTS: Talc, Propylene Glycol, PVP/PA Copolymer, DEA-C8-18 Perfluoroalkylethyl Phosphate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Magnesium Myristate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Zinc Stearate, Mineral Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Iron Oxides (CI 77491). May contain: Ultramarines (CI 77007), Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

on 12/31/2006 8:22:00 PM

Used the flat liner brush with this and sponged it "dry" in between my lower and upper lashes. Filled in beautifully and it made my lashes appear fuller. Love it!

I'm in love with this eye liner. It brightens up and intensifies my hazel eyes, it's the perfect blue. LM's cake liners are incredibly easy to work with and they last forever. I have this one and Black Ebony, and I swear I use one of them every single day. You will need a flat liner brush to apply this (LM's is good, but most would probably do just fine), and these liner's are great for "tightlining" - a term coined by LM, but definitely and excellent and fool-proof technique worth learning. Anyway, I will absolutely repurchase this. Get it, it's so worth it!

on 12/2/2006 9:06:00 PM

This stuff is really great--I'd never even considered it, but a LM SA used it on me and I was hooked. It brightens up my eyes a little bit, stays in place, and goes on smoothly with my LM flat eyeliner brush. I would definitely repurchase, but it's going to take me forever to finish it.

on 10/21/2006 6:16:00 PM

I'm in love. This is the greatest eye liner ever made. The color is great-I no longer look like I'm half asleep everyday. My eyes are bright and white again! I've added too much water to mine, which makes it runny and easy to smudge, but if you get the water amount just right, this stuff STAYS.

I think this would be a great color on anyone-not too black, not too blue.

on 8/13/2006 1:05:00 PM

Move over - I'm hopping on the (crowded) bandwagon for this one. I am a PPP with hazel green eyes, and this really brings out the green and noticeably brightens my eyes - but not garishly so. I've tried three of the LM cake liners, and this shade is my favorite by far. I like using Visine to get a more gel-like consistency, and I use the LM push brush for tightlining. This is well worth the money, both for the uniqueness of the product and for the fact that I'll probably die before using it up.

on 7/31/2006 3:59:00 PM

I love this eyeliner! It is a beautiful color. I was wearing black but I'm so glad the sa turned me onto this. It is casual enough for everyday wear but defines my eyes so that I look much more awake and "done" but not in an obvious way. I'm very happy with this purchase.

on 7/25/2006 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Let me add my voice to the raves for Bleu Marine. The key is to make sure you've have it demo'd by a well-trained LM SA. I drove an hour to Nordstrom's and lucked out by getting the LM counter manager who had years of LM experience. A sweet MUA'er (Artbabe) had explained the exact technique to me awhile ago but I still struggled (OK, I'm eyeliner-challenged). There was absolutely nothing wrong w/ her excellent explanation...it's just that I had to see it demo'd w/ my own eyes to really understand how to tightline. It isn't hard once you've seen it done in person, especially on how wet to make the eyeliner, how to load the brush and especially how to push the color into the lashline and NOT the waterline. I thought I understood the difference but as the LM SA pointed out when I tried to do my second eye (she tightlined/demo'd on the other eye), at times, I actually touched my eye w/ the brush and didn't know it (till she said something) - what a clutz! Plus I had a tendancy to drag the brush, not push and wiggle as I was suppose to. Nowadays, however, my eyes are looking awesome and I couldn't be happier. continued >>

on 6/24/2006 7:15:00 PM

The reviews are on target - this stuff rocks! I was a little hesitant because of the price but now see I wasted a lot of time and money on inferior products that were not made to tightline. With this cake liner, my eyes looked defined but not made-up, really natural looking only better. The bleu makes my green eyes really stand out and makes the whites look lighter. I am glad I ventured away from my usual brown (which lately has been making my eyes appear tired, blah & red). Brown's can be tricky. Can't really even see that I am wearing blue - my lashes just appear fuller thanks to the tight lining technique. Two thumbs up!!

on 5/2/2006 12:05:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've been using the Mahogany e/l since last December and wanted to branch out into other colors. Planned to get Eggplant, but the MA said it's being reformulated and should be back in stores within a month. She suggested Bleu Marine. I am not fond of blue anywhere near my eyes but this works. The MA said that LM added a bit of blue to this e/l in order to counteract any redness around the rims of the eyes. It's not really meant to be blue in appearance. OK, I'm a sucker and fell for it. But it actually works! It doesn't compete with my blue eye color, makes the whites of my eyes look clearer, and defines the lashline in a subtle way. Easy to apply, and stays put until you take it off. I have never been a big e/l fan but I'm using the LM almost every day. And I'm definitely getting Eggplant when it's in stock.

on 1/18/2006 10:44:00 PM

I have three of the cake liners and Bleu Marine is my favorite. I was never able to get what I wanted from eyeliner till I found these. I use some saline and the flat eyeliner brush to push the color into the base of my lashes and the definition is amazing and lasts all day. As usual it's a LM product that is well worth the price. Beautiful inky blue for my green eyes.