July 31, 2014 | 2134 users online

Eyeliner - Laura Mercier - Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Bleu Marine

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2006 1:05:00 PM More reviews by CLisa

Move over - I'm hopping on the (crowded) bandwagon for this one. I am a PPP with hazel green eyes, and this really brings out the green and noticeably brightens my eyes - but not garishly so. I've tried three of the LM cake liners, and this shade is my favorite by far. I like using Visine to get a more gel-like consistency, and I use the LM push brush for tightlining. This is well worth the money, both for the uniqueness of the product and for the fact that I'll probably die before using it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2006 3:59:00 PM More reviews by GirlyClassic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this eyeliner! It is a beautiful color. I was wearing black but I'm so glad the sa turned me onto this. It is casual enough for everyday wear but defines my eyes so that I look much more awake and "done" but not in an obvious way. I'm very happy with this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2006 12:38:00 PM More reviews by barbiH

Let me add my voice to the raves for Bleu Marine. The key is to make sure you've have it demo'd by a well-trained LM SA. I drove an hour to Nordstrom's and lucked out by getting the LM counter manager who had years of LM experience. A sweet MUA'er (Artbabe) had explained the exact technique to me awhile ago but I still struggled (OK, I'm eyeliner-challenged). There was absolutely nothing wrong w/ her excellent explanation...it's just that I had to see it demo'd w/ my own eyes to really understand how to tightline. It isn't hard once you've seen it done in person, especially on how wet to make the eyeliner, how to load the brush and especially how to push the color into the lashline and NOT the waterline. I thought I understood the difference but as the LM SA pointed out when I tried to do my second eye (she tightlined/demo'd on the other eye), at times, I actually touched my eye w/ the brush and didn't know it (till she said something) - what a clutz! Plus I had a tendancy to drag the brush, not push and wiggle as I was suppose to. Nowadays, however, my eyes are looking awesome and I couldn't be happier. continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2006 7:15:00 PM More reviews by KelliCapwell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The reviews are on target - this stuff rocks! I was a little hesitant because of the price but now see I wasted a lot of time and money on inferior products that were not made to tightline. With this cake liner, my eyes looked defined but not made-up, really natural looking only better. The bleu makes my green eyes really stand out and makes the whites look lighter. I am glad I ventured away from my usual brown (which lately has been making my eyes appear tired, blah & red). Brown's can be tricky. Can't really even see that I am wearing blue - my lashes just appear fuller thanks to the tight lining technique. Two thumbs up!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2006 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Artbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using the Mahogany e/l since last December and wanted to branch out into other colors. Planned to get Eggplant, but the MA said it's being reformulated and should be back in stores within a month. She suggested Bleu Marine. I am not fond of blue anywhere near my eyes but this works. The MA said that LM added a bit of blue to this e/l in order to counteract any redness around the rims of the eyes. It's not really meant to be blue in appearance. OK, I'm a sucker and fell for it. But it actually works! It doesn't compete with my blue eye color, makes the whites of my eyes look clearer, and defines the lashline in a subtle way. Easy to apply, and stays put until you take it off. I have never been a big e/l fan but I'm using the LM almost every day. And I'm definitely getting Eggplant when it's in stock.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2006 10:44:00 PM More reviews by kates76

I have three of the cake liners and Bleu Marine is my favorite. I was never able to get what I wanted from eyeliner till I found these. I use some saline and the flat eyeliner brush to push the color into the base of my lashes and the definition is amazing and lasts all day. As usual it's a LM product that is well worth the price. Beautiful inky blue for my green eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2006 2:45:00 PM More reviews by carrie107

This is a great product from a great line. I use this almost daily with the LM flat eyeliner brush. The LM brush makes this liner go on almost effortlessly and in a precise line. Before the makeup artist at Saks used this product on my eyes, I had been very afraid of cake eyeliner but now I don't think I will go back to my former Lancome pencil again. I am a ppp with blue eyes and this liner makes my eyes stand out beautifully. The liner lasts quite a while and the brush allows you to apply just the amount you would like. Dab any excess on the back of your hand while working on your eyes. I will definitely repurchase this when I run out.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2005 4:36:00 PM More reviews by jam225

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this eyeliner! I first saw it being applied on someone receiving a makeover at the mall, and it just so happened that the woman had the same color eyes as me (blue/green). The MA tightlined it, and I just couldn't believe how it made her eyes just pop!! I had to have it and bought it right there on the spot. As others have stated, the MA really pushed the LM flat push brush and like others I thought that was kinda pushy, walked away without it and returned to buy it the next week. There is a reason they push the brush, and it is because you can not achieve the same look without it. However, you can achieve a different look applying with a regular round tapered eyeliner brush. I have achieved a nice look doing a combo of the two...tightlining and then using the second brush to apply a feathered out line for a smoky eye look...however, the second line is MUCH easier to achieve just using the LM Kohl pencil in black violet which I also really like a lot. The color is absolutely perfect where it almost looks like a soft black but with a touch of navy blue to it...it can be played up or down for either color emphasis. While it is quite pricey I have had it now for about a year so long enough to know that it lasts extremely well. I don't use it everyday, but it still has almost as much in the pan as it did when I bought it....don't know how they achieve the long lasting quality but glad they did at that price! Also the staying power once applied is great. I haven't noticed fading or smudging with it which is actually why I like to use it for the second above the eye feather out line for smokey eye look...a bit more work to achieve it but for me it tends to last longer and more smudgeproof....I tend to use it that way if I am travelling, long days, where I can't conveniently do touchups. At any rate, I would highly recommend this eyeliner, especially for blue/green eyed gals!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2005 8:08:00 PM More reviews by crystallineteddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this eyeliner. I walked into blue mercury today to get some Nars blushes and was solicited by the LM MA. I remember hearing good things about this eyeliner so i wanted try it out before getting BB's gel liner. I'm glad i tried it cuz now i'm hooked! Bleu Marine is the perfect color, it can look black or navy blue depends on the amount of water you add. The MA used the flat eyeliner (also from LM) to tight line my upper lid and it was perfect... She also tried to talk me into getting their flat eyeliner but I thought she was being pushy and told her I have my own... boy, do i regret this!!! I came back and found out that my eyeliner is wider and not as thin... i guess I have to go back tomorrow to get it. This kinda sucks.. but I love this eyeliner , it stays on like no other.. in fact, I had a little trouble removing it because it was so close to my lash line...I also tried to do the smudged smoky look for my lower eyelid, it was a success! =) Best impulse buy ever~!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2005 2:56:00 PM More reviews by LadyChristine

I got the Bleu Marine color b/c I felt the black might be too intense for me. For now, I'm liking the Bleu Marine, which shows up as a blue-black on me (probably shows up nearly black on me b/c I already have black eyelashes). While I don't get as dramatic a look as I do with gel eyeliners or liquid liners, this cake eyeliner allows for a more natural look. Staying power is okay, but I really do need to use an eyeliner sealant (Paula Dorf Transformer = La Femme Eyeliner Sealant = Aromaleigh Eyeliner Sealant; or the tenacious Ben Nye Liquiset). I actually get the best staying power from liquid liner or gel liners. I experienced no eye irritation from this product and found it easy to remove. For those who are looking for something more affordable, you might want to try Clinique's water-resistant cake eyeliner (for a more subtle look) or La Femme cake eyeliner (beauty store brand). Use either a flat push liner brush, an angle eyeliner brush, or a thin liquid eyeliner brush with this product for best results.