Neutrogena Liquid Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Formula

Water, Glycerin, Oleic Acid, Coconut Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Triethanolamine, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, BHT, Trisodium HEDTA, Blue 1, Red 33, Yellow 5, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I don't care how great of a cleanser this is. If even the tiniest bit gets in my eyes, it burns and HURTS worse than any eye irritation I have EVER had. It literally will make me yelp in pain. It's just not worth it.

on 10/17/2009 12:49:00 PM

i've been using this for years and years. my mom got this for me when i was 16, and said i should be using a seperate face soap. i've tried other things (both expensive & inexpensive) and i always end up coming back to this.

it's gentle, it cleans well, and it works for me. i've bought countless bottles of this over the years. it's kind of pricey for a drugstore product but my husband and i both use this and one bottle lasts you months & months.

on 10/17/2009 10:29:00 AM

This cleans well and hasn't seemed to cause me any irritation or outbreaks. It does leave my skin feeling quite dry, though and it burns my eyes if I get to close to them.

I've used up most of a bottle and with winter coming I will probably be finding something less drying to use instead.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I have used this cleanser on and off since high school and I really do love it. Yes, it is a bit drying after washing my face, however, it's easily remedied by using a good moisturizer. It totally washes away EVERY spec of makeup. If you're looking for a good cleanser that's affordable and does a good job, this is it!

on 10/5/2009 12:34:00 PM

I bought this as a 3 pack in my local Costco wharehouse. As it works well for removing makeup, dirt, etc. It's very drying on my skin. I have resorted to using it like once or twice a week, along with my other facial cleanser. I find myself slathering on TONS of moisturizer after using this product..not good!

on 9/7/2009 8:16:00 PM

I ran out of my favorite cleanser, Olay Foaming Face Wash For Sensitive Skin, and saw this in a wholesale club very reasonably priced. So I decided since I'm familiar with the brand, I would pick it up since it was such a bargain for three bottles (can't remember exactly how much, but it was cheap).

Yes, it does cleanse very well and I did not have any problems/reactions with my skin but if you accidentally get the slightest bit in your eyes, it burns terribly. This made me hesitant to try and get my eye makeup off. I did finally manage to use it up by using great care in the eye area, but I couldn't wait until the last bottle was finished so I could go back to Olay, which I have used for years and is much gentler.

So the bottom line is, I won't purchase this again, not because it's not a good cleanser but because it irritates my eyes so badly. If it doesn't bother your eyes, it's a great product.

on 8/30/2009 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

About me: I have normal/oily, acne and clog prone skin.

This has become my new HG face wash (replacing Purpose liquid cleanser)! This Liquid Neutrogena face wash is very reasonably priced for the amound you get...I believe I paid about $7 bucks for a huge pump bottle.

It thoroughly cleans my face without stripping or leaving it irritated. My face feels SO clean and fresh afterward! This hasn't caused me to breakout or clog at all.

It's simple yet effective. No bells and whistles; just preps my skin for other treatments :)

on 6/24/2009 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this cleanser, used in the AM and after a cleansing oil in the PM. Keeps my face squeaky clean, doesn't irritate it, neither does it break me out (I am quite acne-prone). I must say I'm a sucker for some prime sudsing action too! It's simple and though expensive for d/s, it lasts FOREVER. I use it at least twice daily and a bottle lasts me nearly a year. Less breakouts now!

EDIT: Still using it, it's still keeping my face happy and clean, and I am now absolutely 150% addicted to the smell. I can't even describe the smell, it just smells so refreshing and good. I am normally not a "scent" person, but Neutrogena is love.

on 6/16/2009 10:27:00 PM

too drying i don't recommend it !!!

on 6/12/2009 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The first time is used this cleanser i was in my teens. It was great for my afterschool dirty face hehe.
I also used the bar cleanser, which is great for teenage skin that is oily.
Used with lots of water, this cleanser is a great cleanser that is gentle.
The ads pushed this cleanser as a pure cleanser that rinses off completely. I like the clean fragrance.
I went on to other brands as i got older.
Now I'm coming back to basics of just washing with this cleanser and moisturising, with sunscreen for day. My skin is regaining its freshness.
As my skin is now drier than in when is was 16, I use it only at night. In the morning i just cleanse by splashing my face with water and then I put on a hydrating sunscreen.