Laura Mercier Foundation Primer

2.9

Water, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Honey Extract, Allantoin, Kiwi Extract, Grape Extract, Aloe Extract, Thea Sinensis Extract, Lavender Extract, Orange Extract, Palmarosa Extract, Jasmine Extract, Rose Extract, Geranium Extract, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lanolin, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fd&C Red #40, Fd&C Yellow #5.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This would regularly be out of my price range, but I managed to pick up the 1 oz tube for a very cheap price. I don't like the packaging because a lot of product gets out and the top gets icky, and I didn't find that this product made my foundation go on any smoother or last any longer. The worst part about this is that it gives me a zit every time I wear it. The last time I applied it onto my chin and a small portion of my cheeks, I awoke the next morning to four pimples on the former region.

on 4/11/2012 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I got this a few years ago when I was browsing for primer. I have some dry and oily spots on my face, so makeup looks flaky on me. tthis primer doesn't do a great job in blending the two. In fact, I don't really notice much of a difference. The oily parts are still oily, and the dry parts are still dry.
The primer is milky white, but it applies clear. it's suppose to be unscented, but it smells a little bit like plastic to me (but nothing over powering). After applying a thin layer, my skin feels a little tight (kinda like when a face mask dries). But then, when I put my makeup on over it, I actually think it's worst than if I just had moisturiser on. This is not a good product for me.
For this price, I would chose another product. I also have the tinted moisturizer, which I like a little better.

on 4/9/2012 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

I got this as a sample from Sephora and it has a light lotion consistency so it spreads easily on the face. However this lotion doesn't really do anything for me. I don't notice it extending the longevity of my makeup or mattifying my skin.

on 3/5/2012 7:20:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this primer drys out my face completely! I have no moisture left on my face after I tried it. I told the rep that I have dry skin. She said I should use this primer so that it will control the shine on my face. So I purchased it. Horrible! My face was so dry that for the first time in my life I saw dry patches on my skin one hour after applying this primer and LM loose powder. I also saw some peelings around my nose at the end of the day. So ladies with dry skin, be careful when you try this primer. It will suck all moisture out of your skin.

on 2/12/2012 1:09:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to love this. I'm not a fan of silicone based primers and I had high hopes for this one but it just wasn't good. It felt really nice going on but it caused my face to become really oily by mid-day. That's not good considering I can go without primer and not get oily! Returned to Sephora after a couple days of use.. I hate returning stuff but I just can't use this.

on 1/12/2012 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I never had any problems with foundation staying on but I still use this product from time to time. I am unsure if it helps but it doesn't make my makeup look any different so I use it sometimes. I normally use it when I know it's gonna be a long day or it's gonna be one of those days where I might sweat a little or get a little oily. I know that switching products may make me break out and it did the first week I started testing it out. However, now it does not make me break out. I like that the product is light weight and does not dry out my skin.

on 1/2/2012 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product really helped my foundation stay on for up to 8 hours. I use this primer along with the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, consealer, and powder. The product moisturizes my face and glides on easily. It blend well, and you only need a pearl sized drop for your whole face. Over all I really loved his product!

on 12/13/2011 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I got this as a sample from Sephora because I was curious and new to the whole 'primer' idea. I'm glad I got a sample and didn't actually buy it because I hated it. It didn't break me out or cause any iritation, but I hated the smell. It didn't do anything a primer was suppose to do for me. The only redeeming quality is the texture of the primer itself. It's more like a lotion versus the silicone-y feeling of others (e.g. smashbox) The texture reminds me somewhat of the MAC prep & prime (but the MAC one is waaay better than this) continued >>

on 12/13/2011 11:12:00 AM

Does nothing for me! I use mineral foundation, they do have a mineral foundation primer in which I have not tried. But still I've used other primers and can see visible difference, not this one

on 11/17/2011 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Like the reviewer before me, I received this primer in the Laura mercier kit from sephora. The product that sucked me into getting the kit was the tinted moisturizer, but that will be in another reviewer.

This is the second foundation ive ever tried in my life. The first being sephora's mattifying primer, which I absolutely hate. It wad a silicone based primer that clogged my pores and made me break out so bad. But this one's different! I love that it comes into a squeeze tube and making application easy. Consistency is thin but not too watery. A little def goes a long way.

After my bad experience, I've never felt the need to use a primer but u absolutely love this product. It filled in my pores without clogging them and I could really see the difference with and without using a primer. It made my foundation go on smooth and my skin looked frickin awesome. Ive been using this primer for about 2 weeks now and it hasnt broken me out.

Def will purchase the full size once I'm done with this small tube :)

Popular Primer/ Correctors