Vaseline Vaseline

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/8/2011 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I hate vaseline.. it dries out my lips like crazy... not moisturizing at all! i have a small jar for like years. everytime when i want to give it a try again, its still not working for me...

on 10/27/2010 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

I have a love -hate relationship with Vaseline. The feel, the scent, the texture is problematic for me. While it is the best, most emollient, protecting, healing, balm known to man, it is also the stickiest, thickest, greasiest, most annoying.....you get the idea. I use this at night and I had the same jar for three years.

on 10/17/2010 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

When I was in kindergarden, my mother used to slather this all over my face, every single day. It made the torture of putting my hair in a ponytail almost pleasant in comparison. I vividly recall the horrible unctuousness with a shudder. I cannot stand the texture of it, and the thought of using it as a moisturizer or makeup remover makes me want to drop kick a baby. Anyway, that being said, I have used this on my lips from time to time. It works great with a washcloth to remove dead skin on my lips when I'm sick. And also if you have fly aways a tiny bit rubbed over your hair will make your hair stay down. Useful stuff, but my mother has biased me against it unfortunately.

on 10/2/2010 10:35:00 AM

Did you guys know that Vaseline happens to be pur petrolatum/Mineral Oil? Do you know how unhealthy that is? I just read up on it and was shocked because I always used it when I had something dry. Hey, my mom and my grandma used it. But read this:

The problem is that mineral oil is foreign to the human body and has many harmful effects, especially on infants.

¤ Mineral oil acts as a thin plastic layer on the skin.

¤ It is difficult to absorb and clogs the pores, which slows the skin’s ability to eliminate toxins. Remember, the skin is the body’s largest organ and plays an important role in maintaining overall health!

¤ Once the oil is absorbed, it is broken down by the liver and passes through the intestinal tract. And once the oil is present in the intestinal tract, it will absorb all of the fat-soluble vitamins found there. It is essentially stealing important vitamins from the body, which the body will not be able to replace. This can eventually lead to nutritional deficiencies.

¤ Studies have also shown forms of pneumonia caused by mineral oil decreasing lung function, known as lipoid pneumonia. Because of these dangers, the medical community has condemned the use of mineral oil taken orally or as an ingredient in medications.

That right there really scared me and made me throw out my vaseline. Bye trusty vaseline. Now I look for something more natural.

on 10/2/2010 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very dry lips, and when my mom told me to use this, I instantly saw results!!! Lovelovelooooove this!!!

on 9/15/2010 9:45:00 PM

I love love vaseline! I use it to take off mascara and eyeliner, soften stubborn dry patches of skin on my face, make a sugar scrub for my lips and upper lip and to help stop little cuts from bleeding.

I definitely will buy again, when that day comes. I've used my jar for two months now and it's still going.

on 9/15/2010 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

awesome everything product .. will deff buy again

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This leaves my lips soft but I don't feel like it *cures* the dryness.

on 8/25/2010 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love Vaseline!!! A few years ago I was first introduced to vaseline as a lip balm, by my husband. Since then, I've been using it as a moisturizer for any dry spots on my face or hands, and have been very happy that it doesn't make me break out. My acne-prone skin is also very sensitive, and since vaseline is fragrance-free it doesn't bother my skin. It's also hands-down the best lip balm I've ever used and it's all I use now. If you put a bit extra on your lips, especially in the center, it's a really great and shiny lipgloss. I used it on my wedding day and my lips stayed shiny for all the pictures!!

Oh Vaseline,will you marry me? I keep a small jar by my bed and try to use it every night on my lips ( locks in moisture! so soft!) and around my eyes/ on my lashes. I can definitely tell when I've missed a day or two because this stuff really works.

Top Rated Vaseline Products