April 21, 2014 | 1285 users online

Mascara - Wet 'n' Wild - Protein Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2004 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Bekll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used all the best mascaras out there. For example: Maybelline->Sky High Curves, Maybelline->Lash Expansion, etc.

The best I've ever tried is definitely Wet n' Wild protein mascara. Sky High curves just does a 30 degree look. Lash Expansion expands the lashes. Other products either make lashes darker, longer, stronger, brighter... etc.

This mascara does lashes just the right length and darkness and it has protein so it makes lashes strong and healthy.

I'm still searching for the best out there and so far my opinion stays with this very cheap, but very nice product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2004 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Honeysuckle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a drugstore lookalike for Benefit's Bad Gal IMHO. It is a great drugstore e/s & I can't believe I never tried it before! It stays put & looks great. It gives my lashes a great look.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2004 10:48:00 AM More reviews by lovelyliisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well now that I bought this I can say that I have tried every single one of WnW's mascaras. It is the cheapest mascara I have ever seen, it retails for $1.97 Cdn. at Wal-Mart stores. But despite the unbelievable price I didn't like this one at all. The formula was super wet and gloppy. It made my lashes stick together and took forever to dry-YUCK!
Nope, I'll never buy this again. And I don't recommend it either even though the price is irresistible.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2004 5:18:00 PM More reviews by LittleNesha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I cannot believe all the bad reviews for this product. I find it to be nothing short of excellent. I tried it mainly b/c I'm so ghetto- I was broke & needed new mascara. This was about $2 so it fit the bill. Once I got it home & used it, I realized that it was exactly the type of mascara I'd been looking for forever. Something light & non-clumpy that's not all gimmicky. I don't want overly-thickened mile-long lashes, mine are thick & long enough. I just wanted a simple mascara that darkened & defined them, and this is it. It goes on smooth with no clumps at all, and stays on all day until I take it off. I'm on my 2nd tube now, which is remarkable b/c I rarely repurchase the same mascara. I don't like a lot of W'n'W products, but this really is a godsend to me b/c it works great & is so damn cheap.

One word of warning- if you use this, be sure to replace it frequently b/c when it gets old, it starts to flake a lot. I learned this lesson yesterday when I nearly went blind after it started flaking off into my contacts. The new tube didn't do that though, so you're safe for about 2 months or so w/this mascara.

UPDATE: Alright- disregard my rave review for this crap. I have been using my new tube for a while now, and it flakes HORRIBLY. I have little black flecks of mascara floating around in my eyeballs & under my contacts all day long, causing burning pain. Damnit. I really thought I had found my holy grail. Damn you Wet 'n' Wild! Damn you to hell!!!

UPDATE, again: It is not this mascara, but my crappy ULTA eyeliner that was causing the flakes. Do not buy eyeliner from ULTA- it sucks & is overpriced, plus they are a bunch of racists(long story, believe me).

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2004 3:51:00 AM More reviews by s0z3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not only does this mascara NOT clump or smudge, it's also dirt cheap (99 cents @ the drugstore I went to). I really like that it coats your lashes, but also allows you to build on it. While I like this product, I had to give it only 3 lippies because after 5 or 6 hrs, it started to flake on me. I'd buy it again if I needed mascara but was low on cash.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2003 9:34:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The Wet N Wild line was 50% off so I figured what the heck, I might as well try this (I love new mascaras!!).

Well, this was a huge let down. It made my lashes look very short and clumpy and all stuck together. It also smeared and ran all around my face...just not a good look.

The only thing this is good for is the trash. Run away from this!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2003 8:52:00 PM More reviews by weyrlady1985

YUCK. EW. GROSS. BLECK. I wish there were more words to describe my opinion of this mascara. It comes in an absolutely disgusting container with a crappy brush that may contribute to its clumpiness. I bought this when I was fifteen just so I could experiment with mascara, and using it put me off mascara for nearly a year. Thankfully, one of my friends showed me how to use mascara and told me what was good, so now I am happily mascara-ed. But not with this stuff. Ones all the way - very highly un-recommended. Two thumbs down.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2003 3:07:00 AM More reviews by TFly

Ok, I just got home with this product, and decided not to wait until tomorrow to put it on. Well, needless to say, after 2 hours, it can still be rubbed off on a tissue!!!!!! Let me tell you, I am very picky about my mascara, and this one is crap! I have very long eyelashes and this runny "mess"cara made my lashes shorter and not as curled. The price? Yep, the price is great, but if I can't wear it, what good does the price do? I love and usually use Lancome Definicils, except that it flakes a little,and as you know, it pretty expensive unless you get it in the gift, but it makes my lashes look great. I guess I will keep looking for a great mascara at a great price!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2003 2:56:00 AM More reviews by snowdragon

I was in a wedding and I had forgotten my other mascara at home, so I figured that any old mascara would do and since it was less than 2 bucks, why the heck not. Such a bad idea. It smudged so much, contrary to what it says on the tube. It did lengthen my lashes, so that was a plus. But, never, ever will I buy this again. Hopefully, I don't look like a big ole' raccoon in the pix. Hahaha

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2003 11:12:00 AM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If I put a light coat of this mascara on then it only gives me color, which is what I want. It smudged once while I was wearing it. And the formula looks clumpy. this is a nice, cute, light mascara but I hope that there are better ones out there.