August 27, 2014 | 996 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Select Sheer Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by msmanetti

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in NC25 after much investigation and deliberation. I still got it wrong anyway :( This seems to accentuate fine hairs and look powdery on top. On the positive side it is very lightweight and sheer, and the colour matches my skin fairly closely. It seems to last about 6 hours (for me anyway). Price in Australia is $43, but you can get it online cheaper. Won't repurchase as I want a powder that doesn't look so powdery...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by DeorcVal

I love this powder! I have skin that gets pretty oily throughout the day. I use MAC Studio Fix Fluid NW20 and set it with this powder in NW20. Something that usually throws people off is that it's called SHEER powder when really, it offers pretty good coverage. Because my foundation already gives me medium coverage, I apply this powder with a kabuki brush in order to apply a thin amount. The powder sets my foundation perfectly and makes me look fresh and flawless, (which is an acheivement with my skin!).
Although I have oily skin, I much prefer this to the Blot Powder.
I always use a kabuki brush when applying and have never tried the applicator it comes with because my oily skin destroys pressed powders when I use their applicators. :/
Sometimes I skip the foundation and just use this powder if I don't have time.
The coverage is slightly buildable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in NC5 nearly a year ago, and to be honest - I thought it was crap. I was told by the MUA that it would set my foundation nicely (this was back when I was using studio fix fluid) and it looked like a horrible cakey mess on me. Clogged my pores and made me look heavily made up. Too matte. So, it was banished to the back of the cupboard.

Recently I've started using chanel pro lumiere and as that is a foundation that really needs to be set, I resorted to using this to set it with and for touch-ups throughout the day. It is perfect. Sets the foundation lovely and makes me look even more flawless than I would with just the foundation on. I really love it now, and I've started using it with a brush instead of the puff it comes with (for less heavy application) and I must say it is wonderful. I'm not giving it a 5 because I don't think it's utterly amazing but it really does it's job well. Sets, and controls oil/shine that accumulates throughout the day. Best of all I think this is the sort of product that will last for ages and I won't need to replace it very soon at all!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by tyisha19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder i was kinda disappointed in. I mean i get that is it meant to give little coverage and i dont mind that but it does not control oil for me at all. Blot powder does a better job by far. The colour looked weird at first but i was able to get over that. However, because it fails to keep my face from getting oily (you can see oil coming through after about 2 hours) i probably wud not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by louloubarbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this for touch-up's. It keeps my foundation set, and never get's cakey or settles into my fine lines. I think it's the most perfect powder out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by ExoticDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What baffles me about my SSPP is that mine doesn't give me a "sheer" finish... maybe I'm putting too much, who knows? But I love the finish it gives -- flawless and airbrushed. The texture is smooth and silky and it blends so well, no streaks. Even if I wear this alone, it gives me a flawless face. I swear I don't even need foundation on. And it keeps my t-zone shine at bay. Sure, I touch up later in the day, but that's it. It lasts me quite some time. I've had mine for like 2 years and I hit pan but I still have a few usages left! Must have, imo. I like it better than MSFN and Studio Fix Powder foundation. :) (NC40 for ref.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2010 2:49:00 AM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

Great powder!!
I use this to set my make up, and to touch up during the day. Before I got this, I used MUFE HD Translucent white powder, but I find that after 4-5 hours, my face will start to look shiny. So instead, I got this powder for around $27 hoping that it will prevent that shiny look.

I LOVE matte finishes and so when I use this, I use Ecotool's Blush brush because it is very dense yet soft, and press this powder under my eyes (to set my undereye concealer), and on other places that I used concealer. Then, I'll get a buffer brush, dip it into this powder and buff it all over my face to achieve a no-shine face.

As for touch ups, I'll just use a big fluffy powder brush, sweep it in this powder and just swipe the powder all over my face.
This powder is great for...almost everything that a powder is suppose to do. However, this powder does cake easily, and so when you use this, you have to use a soft hand. The price is on the border line of somewhat expensive, but considering how long I use this without hitting the pan, and yet still getting a matte finish...this is totally worth it!
AND it comes with a puff/mirror so this is perfect for putting it in your purse for touch ups!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Karencitaaa

Love this for touchups throughout the day (:

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Ix3Chewie

This product is one of the first products I've ever gotten from Mac. I use this over my select foundation and it's very nice together. This powder is very sheer and doesn't make your face look cakey. It gives you a nice matte finish. I don't know why there's so many bad reviews about this product but I like it. It's weird because I've only hear bad things about Mac products and I just wanted to try something new and see what's all the hype and cons about Mac was... So far I like the product. I thought Mac products would be too heavy and would make my face feel gross but I kind of like their select foundation and press powder! I would recommend these products to everyone. (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

When a product is called Select Sheer, it's obviously not going to be opaque. So if you are looking for coverage, picked this up and were disappointed enough to give it a bad review, that's a little unfair. I mean, it's hardly the product's fault.
Select Sheer is sheer. It's great for touch-ups, to set concealer and as a powder for those who need only sheer coverage. It doesn't exaggerate fine lines or look crepey around the eyes as some powders tend to do. It's also decent with oil control, though it won't keep you matte all day.
I'm on my second pan and used to use it with the sponge that came with it, until I dropped the case and the compact powder cracked. It's now Select Sheer Loose Powder, which I use with a face brush. It works just as well.
Tip: The case comes with a a clear plastic shield that separates the sponge from the product. Don't throw it away. It keeps the oils that your sponge absorbs from your face from getting into the product and cracking it up.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No