Aveda Clove conditioner

4.4

Aqueous (Water, Purified) Extracts: Clove Extract (Organically Grown), Coffee Extract (Organically Grown), Sweet Almond Extract (Organically Grown), Wild Cherry Bark Extract (Organically Grown), Aloe Barbadensis Extract (Organically Grown), Dipalmitoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate (Palm), Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone Copolyol (Silica), Glycerin (Coconut), Behenamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate (Rapeseed), Distearyldimonium Chloride (Coconut), Babassu Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oryzanol (Rice Bran), Steardimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Glyceryl Stearate (Coconut), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Guar Beans), Dicapryl Ether (Coconut), Cetyl Alcohol (Coconut), Cetrimonium Chloride (Mixed Plant), Cyclomethicone (Rapeseed), Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose (Cellulose), Sodium Citrate (Molasses), Citric Acid (Molasses), Fragrance, Diazolidinyl Urea, Annatto (Colorant), Caramel, Basic Brown 17 (Colorant), Basic Yellow 57 (Colorant), Basic Blue 99 (Colorant), Basic Red 76 (Colorant

on 6/25/2006 12:01:00 PM

This is a great conditioner for stretching out your visits to the salon for color. I have warm dark brown haircolor. If I use this conditioner and leave on as directed my color will last 6-8 wks. Before using this I had to touch up/ recolor approx every 4 wks. This is a money as well as timesaver. I do not use it every time but at least once a week. You can mix a little heavier conditioner with it if you need to do so. To keep your roots from showing be sure to apply there first and ends last as this does deposit color. Rinse well. Clove has worked well for all the shades of brown I have been as well as with my highlights. If you leave on longer the color will be darker and vise versa.

on 6/25/2006 10:01:00 AM

I'm really liking this conditioner. I used to dye my hair a cool-toned almost black color, and I used the Black Malva then and liked it. I've since recolored my hair and put more warm tones in it, so I decided to try the Clove coniditioner based on the good reviews. I really like it. Even after one washing (I have only the conditioner, not the shampoo), I could really tell the difference. My hair seemed extra shiny, too. I don't use it every time I wash because the formula isn't moisturizing enough. Other than that, it's perfect.

I love this condishioner, and my sister loves it, too. The scent is very refreshing and natural. I have light brown/dark blonde hair with highlights, and I use it to cover a bit of a mishap I caused while I was applying light golden streaks... besides that usage, I love it all around. It makes my hair shiny and gives it good body. Does not leave a icky silicone residue. Condishions adequately and moisturizes fully. The tone it gives is very nice and desirable - not too cool but not unconvincingly warm either. I will give a probably frequently given warning - rinse out the shower after using! It stains shower curtains (even plastic ones) and grout!

on 4/25/2006 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in CLOVE n BLACK MALVA conditioner for my brand new highlited hair over black hair. I just wanna get the highlites more subtle or darker (to blend in well w my dark base), not looking for bright fake blondish higlites since I'm Asian and 25 yrs old. No more funky high school hair color like in the past. hehehehe.... For me, the result is pretty same between Clove n Black Malva. The Black malva may just bring my dark base darker. But the highlites blend in more. 2nd day, I mixed both Clove n Black malva, the result is same, too. 3rd day, I only used the Clove over kerastase pink shampoo and after KMS flat shine serum. In natural outdoor lightning, I can see more dark brownish color, just a little tiny diff from Black malva. This is a very light conditioner eventho, I haven't dyed my hair permanently for 2 yrs now. I mix the AVEDA w 1/4 Kerastase pink milk rinse out conditioner and the result is fantastic. It smooths out the hair more, detangle. But, I like to use KMS flat shine serum in 5 cents size for my long hair. WOW, my hair is unbelievably FULL of VOLUME and feels so good when you run thru your finger in it. I NEVER tried without the KMS flat shine serum after shampooing, so I don't know if the smoothness gonna be the same which I doubt it. Cos, it's kinda hard to comb thru my hair after I towel dried. That's why I put a little shine serum for easy combing. I have super fine hair but medium diameter I guess. This KMS serum works magic, too, it doesn't flat out your hair. I was amazed, cos it;s been sitting in my bathroom for more than 2 yrs and I just started using it 3 days ago and keep using it everytime I shampoo n cond. Lovely combination w Aveda color conditoner. Give it a TRY !!!!!!!!!!! Your hair is smooth but hold the style, and maajor volume.

on 4/20/2006 2:34:00 PM

I have dark brown hair with light brown higlights. My stylist has to use bleach on my hair because it is so dark, so at first my highlights look really blonde. I use this conditioner and leave it on for 5-10 minutes, and my highlights turn the perfect shade of brown. The color lasts for a long time and I only have to use it about once every 2 weeks (I wash my hair 3-4 times per week).

on 4/18/2006 10:26:00 PM

Brilliant! I stopped colouring over a year ago and my hair is light brown but over 50% grey in the front. I applied this today fairly generously to towel-dried hair, combed it through and left it 10 minutes. After rinsing and blow drying, I was amazed at how well this had blended out the greys with only one application and my husband was thrilled (as he hates the grey and I refuse to use permanent colour). He said it is very close to my natural colour of 25 years ago. It does leave hair feeling thicker and more glossy. Worth the $$$. Will update.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love it love it love it!!!! I had very blonde highlighed hair and I just had a baby in Oct. and my hair has started falling out. I didn't want to keep highlighting and damaging my hair anymore and didn't want to completely dye it but I had so many roots. My sister introduced me to this product and I started using it a couple of times a week for 5 min. each time and it transformed my once blonde hair into brown hair. I love it. The old blonde highlights turned light brown and made my hair color blend. I started using this a couple of months ago and since then I had my hair designer dye my hair backto my natural color because I loved the brown so much. She said that I did all the dirty work for her. Now I only use it about once a week to refresh my color. You do have to rinse it off your hands I found that MUAC green tea soap works great to get it off your hands. It isn't too heavy either and I have very fine straight hair.

on 3/18/2006 10:08:00 PM

Not too heavy or too light, very little fragrance to my nose and even then, not "clovey". Yes, it temporarily and mildly stains hands even if it's on your skin only for a short time, and will require normal cleaning products for stain removal on your shower/bath. However, it's really good at taking down brassiness and the effects are likely to last a few shampoos, so that you can choose to alternate with a cheaper conditioning option if you like. I have fairly curly/porous hair that is colored but fades and brasses over very easily. I've got enough gray hair now that I've decided to "go natural," and I'm in the process of letting the gray grow out. This conditioner has kept the brass away (brass looks extra bad up against cool gray) and takes the edge off the demarcation line between the colored and gray hair. The whole process has gone much more gracefully than I imagined.

on 2/7/2006 10:19:00 PM

A very nice conditioner. The clove color is for those with brown hair, but there are Aveda Conditioners for those with black, auburn, blond, and red hair. Leaves my hair very shiny and soft. I've repurchased several times.

on 2/4/2006 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff too. I have colored my hair to a med-dark brown & this really brings out the color--refreshes it. I apply it mixed 1/2 & 1/2 w/ another conditioner, apply it first to the hairline then the rest of the hair, cap it & sit for 10-15" for good saturation. It helps a bit w/ the greying around the hairline. It isn't intended to seriously deal w/ greys tho. Best for me, besides the color oomph I get from this, is that it leaves my thick frizzy dry porous hair (think horse hair) decently smooth and shiny. I have never had that silky hair texture but this stuff + my chi flatiron, gets me as close as I've ever got.

Top Rated Aveda Products