October 22, 2014 | 2002 users online

Highlighters - Smashbox - Soft Lights - Shimmer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2007 11:56:00 PM More reviews by marilu62

If I was on an island and could have three items, this would be one!
Use it on your eye lids, makes them pop! Use it on your cheeks, have that healthy J-Lo glow.(Lastly after blush or bronzer)
Sweep it on your nose, and temples and bring out and highlight the definition of your face. Use it sparingly, and it is awesome. A HG for me!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2007 7:31:00 AM More reviews by abbybaby

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this in a swap and it is one of my most loved items so far. It looks gorgeous as a highlighter, on top of blush, on the collar bone and anywhere else where I want to glow. The first time I used this I received a compliment that I looked like I was glowing. It looks bland in the pan but looks gorgeous on almost all skin tones. Mine happens to be light-medium.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2007 9:39:00 AM More reviews by hulmerac

I absolutely love this product. I apply it over my cheeks, on my brow bones, and even my collar bone when i'm wearing a low cut shirt. It feels very silky, not powdery. I like the fact that it makes you GLOW - not huge chunks of sparkle. Looks amazing on my pale skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2007 10:45:00 PM More reviews by miz_walker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i am really enjoying this highlighter. i am generally not a fan powder highlighters or blushes, but this product is a great texture/ consistency. very important if you have slightly large pores. i apply whith a fan brush; which applies product very lightly. after applying a cream blush to the apples, i apply soft lights below the hollow of my eyes, but above the apples of my cheeks. i also go upwards towrds my outer eye area, near temples. might do a smidge across the forehead and down bridge of nose. i love the lit from within look this product gives. i also use this as a brow highlighter. cute. i am a fairly dark brown AA. and this color looks amazing on my complexion. i bought this as part of the smashbox glam box, which was a great deal - two brushes and like 6 full size products for like $60. really good value

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2007 12:49:00 PM More reviews by shugee

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

With this fawn/nude/pinkish mauve toned pressed powder you can get that light-from-a-window soft glow to your face - romantic and youthful. Softlights is such a lovely product - finely milled shimmer, smooth textured, unscented, and doesn't cause irritation or clog pores. I use a skunk brush and gently tap the Softlights pan several times. With this small amount of product on my brush, I lightly tap the top of my cheekbones, browbones, apples of cheeks and chin. If I have a low neckline, I'll tap some on my collarbones. At this point, I put down my brush and step away from the pan. A second application is just a little too much. My first Softlights purchase was Luminance, a buttery toned powder which gives a golden candlelit glow. I deeply love it but I also wanted a cooler toned glow and found Shimmer. I often alternate taps on the two pans to create a coolish gold highlight. Very versatile, Softlights is beautiful swirled with your powder bronzer or blush before applying. I originally bought Softlights as a special occasion highlighter, but now it is part of my daily routine. This is the product that will give you that on-camera celebrity glow.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2007 8:15:00 PM More reviews by lstrue

This product is amazing! Every time I put it on I get compliments, it just gives my face a beautiful glow. The SA at the YSL counter even asked me what I was wearing and couldn't believe how gorgeous the powder is. It gives my light skin just the right amount of color and glow without being too sparkly or making me look like I'm trying too hard to look tan. I dust it all over my face and then put a little more on my cheeks. It always goes on silky and never feels dry. I can't say enough good things about this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2006 6:00:00 PM More reviews by corinreid

I was goofing off in Sephora and decided I wanted to buy something shimmery. I tried a couple of highlighters. Even though I really love the Stila line, and think this one is much better. It's shimmery, but not too glittery or "teenagey" looking. I like to put it all over my face and people say I just look like I have a healthy glow. I put a little bit more on my eyelids and it looks frosty pink. I have medium toned skin and it looks great. Don't know how it would look on paler skins. Another bonus: it hasn't made me break out, which is a problem I have with lots of products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2006 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Clare_3108

I love this, has to be one of my favourite SB products, with pale, freckly skin this givesd me a really lovely glow, not too OTT like some highlighters can be, these pans last ages, I have been using mine about 9 months and probaly used about a third.

These can break easily, I bought mine from Sephora (before they closed down in the UK) and had to sort through and found one un-broken, lucky for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2005 3:55:00 PM More reviews by shimmering

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This very pale pink powder adds a great highlight to the cheekbones. If you apply too heavy handed, it will look a little pink especially on pale skin. However, if lightly applied it looks very luminous and pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2005 2:14:00 PM More reviews by lisa2000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was the first highlighter that I tried and have gone back to it again and again by repurchasing. I feel that it gives a great glow and is not to over the top as far as sparkles. I love the huge pan and feel that I get a lot for the money it lasts a long time.