December 19, 2014 | 1809 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2006 9:30:00 PM More reviews by lma782

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Don't get sucked into using this!!

Yes, it does a great job eliminating frizzies. But it has the worst type of silicone in it, which means it's impossible to get the stuff out of your hair unless you use a harsh shampoo. Which then makes your hair drier over time.

I thought this was a great product, until I realized it was responsible for build up (I don't use shampoos with SLS) and breakage because it freaking dried my hair out. Now I have to rescue my once- healthy hair. *sob*

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2006 5:55:00 PM More reviews by blondeambitioned

I really wanted to love this product, but this sadly did not work for my hair. Even one pump (rather than 2) weighed down my fine hair so badly that it made it look greasy, dirty and limp. It didn't completely knock out the frizzies, either. Would not repurchase for my hair type.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2006 8:47:00 PM More reviews by DontHateMeCuzImDutiful

Would I buy this product again? Well YES, if I could find it somewhere!
I don't know what's going on, but this stuff is nowhere to be found anymore.
I am SO not happy! =(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2006 10:21:00 AM More reviews by itsmeashleee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am so in love with this stuff...I have curly very frizzy hair that I striaghten with my Chi blow dryer...I don't even have to iron it when I use this stuff my hair is so light not weighed down whatsoever. it's $3 at Ulta and it's amazing! Before this I was using products by Tigi,Aveda and Frederic Fekkai...this stuff beats everything

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2006 3:41:00 AM More reviews by RamaG

I have log curly hair that tends to friz a lot. I bought this product based on the reviews on this website, but unfortunately it did absolutely nothing for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2006 9:44:00 AM More reviews by jeren

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff! It makes my hair so shiny and straight, yet doesn't leave it feeling greasy or heavy. Another unexpected plus is that it doesn't seem to make my hair feel dirty the next day -- I can get away without shampooing if I'm in a lazy mood.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2006 11:52:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

I tried this based on all the rave reviews here as an alternative to Garnier Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz serum, which has been my staple for 2 years. All I can say is that this product was a HUGE zero for me. I have thick, coarse, wavy hair and I am always looking for anti-frizz products that allow me to blow-dry my hair into a sleek "Mod Squad" do. Unfortunately, this product does nothing to deliver that dream. It seems to be like the Garnier product--same consistency but less "oily" but the results are far inferior. I had a LOT of difficulty blow-drying into my straight style, and my hair ended up with even more poufiness and body than normal! Also, the price is on the high side for a DS hair product (about 7 euro) compared to Garnier. I had to smooth some Garner S&S into my hair about half-way through my blow-drying just to salvage at least some of the styling effort I put in. Needless to say, I won't be buying this again, and will stick to Sleek & Shine while I continue my search for the "perfect" hair smoother.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2006 6:35:00 AM More reviews by babyduo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I apply it just before my hair dries completely... makes my hair really smooth and shiny in the morning! Don't really like the pump bottle thing though. I don't need as much as one pump on my hair especially after i've gone recently to the hairdresser's for a trim and layer so that's a bit too much. However it works great now that i've decanted it into another container - i just tip two fingers in and use what comes up. not exactly very hygienic, i know :p

great fragrance and it's not too expensive, too! definitely more affordable and works as well as, say, TiGi's GirlToys.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2006 9:50:00 AM More reviews by thelastkiss

This was my HG serum. A few pumps on damp hair will keep my frizzy hair under control. I usually wash my hair at night and apply the product, sleep on it and let it dry overnight and then straighten it in the morning. It was the perfect anti-frizz serum. It never made my hair greasy and it kept it feeling light and shiny. However, if it tipped over it would occasionally leak.

My only problem is that with the new "Vive Pro" line, L'Oreal seems to have discontinued this wonderful product. I can't find it anywhere! What horrible timing I have to run out of this right when they discontinue it. I should have bought backups. =[

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2006 5:15:00 PM More reviews by ativan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best anti-frizz styling product that I've tried so far. I bought two back-ups of this, just in case they ever discontinue it! For the price, it's a great deal, too. I use two pumps and comb this through my damp hair before blow-drying it straight. My hair comes out straight, smooth, shiny, with no frizz! Like this much better than other products I've tried that are more expensive (Redken Anti-snap, Aveda's Hang Straight)