Mason Pearson Pure Bristle Brush

4.6

I love my Mason Pearson brush, and although pricey, it's a worthwhile investment for something you will use at least once a day for years. I have fine, shoulder length hair, and this brushes my hair without leaving it static & flyaway. It also leaves it soft & smooth. It comes with its own cleaning tool and it's in great retro packaging. I don't think 30 or so is too bad for a daily use item, especially given that it reduces splitting, massages the scalp, polishes the hair and is well made.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this brush, and I have never loved a brush in my life. I color my hair (it's been every color on the planet), and, as it's long, fine and straight, it does tend to get a little dry and can frizz a little sometimes. But, all I have to do is brush my hair with this brush and it is INSTANTLY smooth, silky and shiny.

Despite the price (and I am a grad student so money means a lot to me!) I would absolutely buy this again.

I was hestitant to buy this product because of the price, but when I found a great bargain on ebay (brand new in box), I just could not resist. I have trouble keeping up with hair brushes, and always seemed to buy a new one each month so I was terrified I would lose this one. I shouldn't have worried though, because I guard this baby with my life! If it ever did get lost I would probably pay the regular retail price to replace it though. Not only has it been wonderful for my hair, but my husband love to use it because he says its like a head massage. My daughter is tender headed and will literally cry and try to run if I use anything BUT this brush on her hair. She calls it "the nice brush". I can never go back to other brushes now, they feel like torture on my head. This is definitely my HG brush!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Received as gift from my DH as I had longed for one in Harrod's last summer. Worth every penny. My shoulder length hair shines, the frizzies have calmed themselves, this is an amazing brush. I have the boar's head bristles for reference. This brush will last a lifetime, don't hesitate because of the price. Now I just need a purse size...

The best brush there is. That's it - that's all! Nothing else compares...

I've had my MP handy boar bristle brush for about 2.5 years now and still LOVE it! It gives the best scalp massage, and makes my hair shiny. My stylist recommended adding a few drops of oil to your hair, and brushing it through for a conditioning treatment, I use Aveda Beautifying oil, and this has been incredible for my hair. Upon her recommendation for detangling, I've recently purchased the nylon pocket brush, (couldn't see any difference between that and the detangler) and it's the best for detangling my fine, snarly hair.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The Mason Pearson range of hair brushes was a mission to find in the UK! I finally found them on the ground floor of Selfridges down Oxford Street. I got the pocket sized one for 23. It's a pretty good hair brush, but not nothing really special. Then again saying that I would probably buy this brush again if I lost the one I have. I'm one of those people that brushes their hair quite a lot throughout the day and it feels nice and soft on your scalp no matter how often you brush.

Great brush. My hair is full of shine after I use it- just like the nice people promised! It is truly worth the major buckage for this brush.

Very good brush for detangling hair and massaging the scalp. It is also very expensive. I now have very long hair and do not use it much, I am scared of brushing off the cuticle. It also gets dirty very easily and is very delicated because of the rubber base. I would only recommend it for women with shoulder length, straight hair.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have the pocket size (B4) although it's not that handy in your bag as it damages everything in it (cell phone f.i.). The brush is great for once a day, but not more. As one of the reviewers already said, your hair gets very static, which I find quite annoying. Good brush for once in a while.

Top Rated Mason Pearson Products