Mason Pearson Pure Bristle Brush

4.6

on 5/8/2005 7:27:00 PM

The best brush there is. That's it - that's all! Nothing else compares...

on 4/12/2005 1:32:00 AM

I've had my MP handy boar bristle brush for about 2.5 years now and still LOVE it! It gives the best scalp massage, and makes my hair shiny. My stylist recommended adding a few drops of oil to your hair, and brushing it through for a conditioning treatment, I use Aveda Beautifying oil, and this has been incredible for my hair. Upon her recommendation for detangling, I've recently purchased the nylon pocket brush, (couldn't see any difference between that and the detangler) and it's the best for detangling my fine, snarly hair.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The Mason Pearson range of hair brushes was a mission to find in the UK! I finally found them on the ground floor of Selfridges down Oxford Street. I got the pocket sized one for 23. It's a pretty good hair brush, but not nothing really special. Then again saying that I would probably buy this brush again if I lost the one I have. I'm one of those people that brushes their hair quite a lot throughout the day and it feels nice and soft on your scalp no matter how often you brush.

on 7/12/2004 12:20:00 AM

Great brush. My hair is full of shine after I use it- just like the nice people promised! It is truly worth the major buckage for this brush.

on 5/4/2004 4:36:00 AM

Very good brush for detangling hair and massaging the scalp. It is also very expensive. I now have very long hair and do not use it much, I am scared of brushing off the cuticle. It also gets dirty very easily and is very delicated because of the rubber base. I would only recommend it for women with shoulder length, straight hair.

on 4/11/2004 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have the pocket size (B4) although it's not that handy in your bag as it damages everything in it (cell phone f.i.). The brush is great for once a day, but not more. As one of the reviewers already said, your hair gets very static, which I find quite annoying. Good brush for once in a while.

I'm one of those girls who need to brush a few times a day to keep their hair in place. So I got these in two sizes-- large for my vanity table and the pocket size for work, as the big one is too unwieldy to chuck into my bag daily. I have long, fine hair so the big size is perfect, but I would think someone with shoulder length hair or shorter would do just as well with any of the smaller ones. The Mason Pearson pure boar bristle brush does a wonderful job of making my hair look silky and healthy, and my scalp feels massaged afterwards. It does cause a bit of static but I just smooth my hair down after I'm done brushing and it looks fine afterwards. My fabulous BF, who unexpectedly paid for both when he saw me ordering this online, can always tell whether I've used my MP or not because of the difference in my hair's sheen (and you know how guys don't notice these kind of things in general). More importantly, I notice the difference myself! This is a very good investment for your hair.

on 3/12/2004 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Holy cow, a brush over $100 USD!!! At first, I couldn't have imagined spending that kind of money for a hair brush! But, it's so worth it. It's 100% pure boar bristle, so it's the most gentle on your hair. It's suppose to evenly distribute the natural oils in your hair to make it smooth and silky. If you take care of it, it will last you at least 10 years. Mine is still like new (and I purchased it 2 years ago). A must have (expecially those with long hair)!!!

on 3/11/2004 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I couldn't believe I spent over $100 on a hairbrush, but Mason Pearson products are a worthy investment. I've had my boar bristle brush for two years now, and it hasn't started to fall apart yet - not even a little. It comes with a special cleaning brush to remove any accumulation of hairballs, and it's very easy to wash and clean. This brush helped me grow my hair out - each time I run it through my hair, I have more volume, and I don't get oily at the roots like usual. This does a very good job of distributing the hair's natural oils throughout each strand so you get more manageability and lots of shine.

on 1/18/2004 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I must say that this brush is sooooo bad. I spent $126.00 and sent it back as soon as I received it. My hair is fine and this brush was recommended to me. It makes my hair so staticy, you cant use it for styling your hair. And trust you me its not the money, I've spent more on alot worse. I cant understand why anyone in their right mind would spend so much for a hair brush that does nothing special for hair. I do love it for my little girl, she hates brushing her hair cause it tangles so easy. And she lets me brush her hair with this brush cause it does not break her hair or pull it out. So I will be purchasing the child brush for her, but for an adult I just dont understand why.

Top Rated Mason Pearson Products